: How much should i pay for a lease on a sts v?

bknyginy
04-12-07, 05:40 PM
I currently have a cts v and love it. my father on the other hand has a lincoln town car and ive been giving him shit about him having a old man car so he took my car for a weekend and now has the v bug. He wants to start looking on monday. i Just wanted to see what they were leasing for. i noticed that alot of treads said that none were being sold for more then 70, will they lease at that value as well? thanks

Kadonny
04-13-07, 01:27 PM
Yes, they will lease out at whatever value you agree upon or whatever value the dealer puts on it.

For reference, the 06 models are in the 59k range for a new car.

NC STS-V
04-13-07, 09:18 PM
I'd recommend contacting Scott in the Superior Cadi Vendor forum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/superior-cadillac/

He should be able to let you know if there are any supported leases available. He was great to work with when I was shopping for my STS-V.

The purchase price on my '07 was $69k, but it ended up financing as more like $50k thanks to a supported lease that GMAC was running.

I tried to do the same thing with my dad, but he had the BMW bug and bought a 750. I think if he would have driven the STS-V he would have loved it, but he had his heart set on a BMW :( Hope you have more luck than I did!

Ron

bknyginy
04-13-07, 09:57 PM
yeah my father has been a lincoln guy for the last 16 yrs its gonna be tough but we both know its time for a change

CadV
04-17-07, 01:42 AM
I paid GMS on a 2007 which was 68k after 2k gas guzzler tax. Add the state taxes and it brought it up to 70k. Nothing down on a 24 month smart buy was 1024 a month at 3.95 APR. I chose smart buy because GM will push remaining months forward if you buy another GM vehicle. For example if you have 3 months left on your smart buy they will let you out early. You can't do that on a lease.

Go here to play with the numbers:
http://www.gmacfintools.com/fintools/pe/SelectVehicle.do?cntrycd=US&langcd=EN&websiteid=GMFS

z06bigbird
04-17-07, 09:35 PM
Extremely hard to get away from a Lincoln wheelbase, especially for an old fart. I know first hand.

Ed

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 05:45 PM
With $1000.00 down, my payment is: $848.93 on a 24 month term with 10k miles per year. If I would have put down $5K-$6K down on the same lease, my payment could have been as low as: $599.95 INCLUDING tax per month which is a steal on a car that is almost $80K.

GMAC Smartleases are the best deals on cars like this.

SG

1fstkde
04-19-07, 08:53 PM
With $1000.00 down, my payment is: $848.93 on a 24 month term with 10k miles per year. If I would have put down $5K-$6K down on the same lease, my payment could have been as low as: $599.95 INCLUDING tax per month which is a steal on a car that is almost $80K.

GMAC Smartleases are the best deals on cars like this.

SG aero which dealer did you go?? ill go for one of those but i will need at lease 12k milage..

Falkolade
04-19-07, 08:57 PM
you shouldn't pay much, i just read in an automotive magazine at my doctors office the sts-v was named the car with the lowest residual value made in 07... It held the least amount of its value over any other car...

GM-4-LIFE
04-19-07, 10:57 PM
aero which dealer did you go?? ill go for one of those but i will need at lease 12k milage..

Martin Cadillac in West L.A. was where I got mine as they had a big allocation of them in stock and they were doing great deals on them at the time when I got mine which was on February 7, 2007. I dealt with Sherry Riker and George Trivanti (Internet/Fleet Manager and he owns a 2006 STS-V). 310-254-3200.

The deals may be better now since we are closer to the end of the 2007 model year. Martin had the best deal I could find but they actually had the car I wanted in stock which was a silver/black 07 STS-V. Also, keep in mind that I did have a little over $2K in GM Extended Family Card Earnings so your payment may be a little higher than mine, but it is still is a great deal on a car that costs this much.

I didn't care about the loss or depreciation of the car's value because I am leasing it and not buying it after the term expires. After this, I will either be looking at the next gen CTS-V or STS-V, if it is available in February of 2009 when my lease expires.

Good luck to ya!

SG

1fstkde
04-20-07, 12:12 AM
Martin Cadillac in West L.A. was where I got mine as they had a big allocation of them in stock and they were doing great deals on them at the time when I got mine which was on February 7, 2007. I dealt with Sherry Riker and George Trivanti (Internet/Fleet Manager and he owns a 2006 STS-V). 310-254-3200.

The deals may be better now since we are closer to the end of the 2007 model year. Martin had the best deal I could find but they actually had the car I wanted in stock which was a silver/black 07 STS-V. Also, keep in mind that I did have a little over $2K in GM Extended Family Card Earnings so your payment may be a little higher than mine, but it is still is a great deal on a car that costs this much.

I didn't care about the loss or depreciation of the car's value because I am leasing it and not buying it after the term expires. After this, I will either be looking at the next gen CTS-V or STS-V, if it is available in February of 2009 when my lease expires.

Good luck to ya!

SG its funny aero, im looking to do the exact same thing your doing. i just got out of my two year ctsv lease two weeks ago..(miss the hell out of it already) and looking for a good two year to jump also into another new body 09 ctsv!! martin cadillac was a great service provider for my car, so thanks for the heads up i will check them out!!

GM-4-LIFE
04-20-07, 12:28 AM
its funny aero, im looking to do the exact same thing your doing. i just got out of my two year ctsv lease two weeks ago..(miss the hell out of it already) and looking for a good two year to jump also into another new body 09 ctsv!! martin cadillac was a great service provider for my car, so thanks for the heads up i will check them out!!

We should meet up at the next So Cal Cadillac meeting. It would be fun if we all got together in person and talked cars.

Martin should have a few STS-Vs in stock as they always seem to. Give them a call and ask for Sherry or George. I am sure they will set you up.

You will LOVE the STS-V once you test drive one. It will make you NOT miss your CTS-V. I sure don't miss my CTS-V! I love my STS-V so much that I will be sad once my two year lease ends, unless a 600hp STS-V is out by then. Knowing GM, I doubt it.

Good luck!

SG

1fstkde
04-28-07, 07:42 PM
aero, just left a message for sherri at martin..hope she calls me back..:thumbsup: ..had the worst luck over at casa..they dont even want to budge on the car!! thats the worst customer retention i ever saw..

GM-4-LIFE
04-28-07, 09:07 PM
aero, just left a message for sherri at martin..hope she calls me back..:thumbsup: ..had the worst luck over at casa..they dont even want to budge on the car!! thats the worst customer retention i ever saw..

I spoke to Sherry yesterday and she said she will only be in today until 4:30, but she may be in tomorrow. Monday for sure. They have the STS-Vs in stock. George Trivanti is the internet manager and he works with Sherry. If you speak to George, tell him that you were referred over to Sherry. Tell them Shawn sent you. Sherry's direct cell is: 323-877-7668. She will get back to you and have a deal already worked out for you. They are great!

SG

Playdrv4me
04-29-07, 12:50 AM
Just FYI. Wholesale on 06 models is down to 45k in the 5-15k mile range. It might be worth just buying one. If you do lease make sure to get an 07 as residuals are most certainly going to be adjusted due to the poor depreciation of this car come 2008. I do strongly recommend a lease over a NEW purchase.

1fstkde
04-29-07, 02:16 AM
I spoke to Sherry yesterday and she said she will only be in today until 4:30, but she may be in tomorrow. Monday for sure. They have the STS-Vs in stock. George Trivanti is the internet manager and he works with Sherry. If you speak to George, tell him that you were referred over to Sherry. Tell them Shawn sent you. Sherry's direct cell is: 323-877-7668. She will get back to you and have a deal already worked out for you. They are great!

SG
thanks shawn, the funny story was trying to explain to her who referred me because i only knew you as aero, but saw your initials and told her maybe sean or steve..so i was close..lol..said she will try to run the numbers for me tomorrow and let me know..will let you know what happens!!:thumbsup:

GM-4-LIFE
04-29-07, 02:38 AM
thanks shawn, the funny story was trying to explain to her who referred me because i only knew you as aero, but saw your initials and told her maybe sean or steve..so i was close..lol..said she will try to run the numbers for me tomorrow and let me know..will let you know what happens!!:thumbsup:

GREAT! Please let me know what happens! Out of all the So Cal Cadillac dealers I have dealt with when purchasing vehicles, Martin has been the best so far. The best by far and you will see when you deal with them.

SG

z06bigbird
04-29-07, 04:39 PM
Steer him towards a Chrysler. Biggest advantage is that you never need to change oil. Just add a few quarts every week.