: Gate/Garage Opener

KoreanBuilt
04-12-07, 03:07 PM
I live in a gated community and for some reason its not taking the program from the gate opener. Do I need to be next to the receiver when I try to program this? For my past vehicles I didnt need to be next to the gate at all.

hcvone
04-12-07, 03:16 PM
I programmed mine just like my garage opener, using the gate receiver, was easier than the garage door to program, but I am sure there are many different ones.

KoreanBuilt
04-12-07, 04:01 PM
Recap. I am doing the normal steps as the manual says. I have the remote in my hand and pressing both buttons (remote and vehicle) and its just not taking. Must I be near the gate when attempting this?

hcvone
04-12-07, 04:28 PM
I had to push a programming button (learn button) on my gate, like the newer garage openers, not sure if you have that or not, but you are doing what I did to mine, I was in front of my gate when programming it

Eldo1953
04-12-07, 05:13 PM
What year is your 'lade?

KoreanBuilt
04-12-07, 07:08 PM

hcvone
04-12-07, 07:50 PM
There are two different program methods for the 07's depending on when yours was built, I know because I have one of each with my 07's, and there is a slight difference. Do you know what month your truck was built?

KoreanBuilt
04-12-07, 08:28 PM
December 2006

hcvone
04-13-07, 08:31 AM
Same as my newest, I followed the book instructions and mine worked. Dod you try programming it at the gate?

KoreanBuilt
04-13-07, 12:25 PM
No havent tried doing it at the gate. That was gonna be my next step, just seems everytime I get to the gate there are a few cars behind me. I'll try it this weekend.

CadX6
04-13-07, 10:03 PM
Like hcvone says - there are two different programming methods depending on the build date of your truck. GM changed suppliers for all their cars & I believe Escalade was around August 2006. Unfortunately the manual didn't get changed until much later (I had a heck of a time with mine which was built in Oct - but still had the old instructions). If you need it - I have a copy of the bulletin that was sent to the dealers explaining the change & giving the correct programming instructions. You didn't mention however if you've already been successful programming the door opener for a garage door on your residence. If you have - all this doesn't apply - so "disregard all the above"