: Eldorado Targa

Warped Conscience
03-28-04, 04:58 AM
Does anyone know if a 94 Eldorado is structurally stiff enough to handle a targa top conversion without adding any roll bars?? I think it would, seeing as how I found a convertable Eldorado at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/342113 and I actually saw one around my town! I don't know how valid this convertable is, but if the structure can support the car without a top, then I would assume it could support a targa conversion. Any info?

TimsToy
03-28-04, 09:39 AM
I have no idea, but that Eldo Convertable is SWEET!!! :worship:

Pimpin_Whity
03-28-04, 06:39 PM
not really sure. but i've seen many eldo custom converables, ranging from 96 to 02 and they looked fine. i actually saw one on a highway and it looked sweet :worship: . i would make mine convertable but only if u can make it hardtop convertable :rolleyes2 , i'm not all that crazy about the whole ragtop idea.

509Rider
03-28-04, 10:18 PM
If you did do such a thing you would have to reinforce the unibody or it will give.

Warped Conscience
03-28-04, 11:34 PM
If the unibody giving is the case, then how can you have an entire convertable top? What, if any, subframing is there to keep the car from buckleing? Is it feasable to purchase/fabricate enough bracing to do this?

509Rider
03-30-04, 12:11 AM
Im sure the company that makes the convertables, which is usally coach, reinforces the unibody.

VinceMade
08-26-04, 02:56 AM
I think that would ruin the appearance of the Eldo, if anything do T-Tops , anyways extreme like that you should definitly do some extra supports because the minute that car leaves to ground to be serviced, your car is trash. The northstar motor is very heavy and will warp the unibody structure very quickly and can potentially be unsafe doing small odd jobs like brakes and oil changes. Good luck