: 07 Escalade Navigation Issue

KoreanBuilt
04-11-07, 01:27 PM
Dont know if anyone else is experiencing this and it may sound weird but I will try to explain it best as possible.

Occasionally I will be driving through some parking lots in shopping centers and my navigation map screen will shoot in half and on the right a compass will appear. At the same time there is a dot on the map (left side) and when I move out of that dot the compass will disappear. When I drive back into the dot the compass appears. At random I have seen 6 dots appear out of no where in one shopping center. I say shopping centers because it hasnt happened to me on the road anywhere just parking lots of shopping centers.

Can anyone explain what this is and how to get rid of it?

hcvone
04-11-07, 02:06 PM
I have not seen that yet :eek:

cadymon
04-11-07, 02:07 PM
sup dawg which shopping center is your navi tripping at.

KoreanBuilt
04-11-07, 03:12 PM
Couple times at the Block in Orange and at my girl's work AAA in Costa Mesa.

hcvone
04-11-07, 04:55 PM
Does it only happen in parking lots? Nowhere else?

KoreanBuilt
04-11-07, 05:17 PM
So far it has not happened on streets or highways. Seems to be happening in parking lots (places where there is a void on the map) it will be clear then all of a sudden a dot appears and then the compass. Its like I am driving over digital land mines.

CadX6
04-11-07, 09:09 PM
Wild a** guess - Is the "off road" mode in your Nav turned on?????

cadymon
04-11-07, 09:33 PM
Wild a** guess - Is the "off road" mode in your Nav turned on?????

this could be since my range rover has some shit like that.

KoreanBuilt
04-12-07, 10:57 AM
I will check that when I get home today and see.

ecs177
04-13-07, 09:34 AM
do you have all of your points of interest turned on??? you can elect all, or you can choose i believe like 6 or 8 or something like that... maybe, if you have elected all points of interest, there is some point of interest in there that is causing the strange behavior... if you have the latest nav disc, there are a ton of points of interest in there and the latest disc does offer the split screen info when you are passing exits on a highway, etc.. i have never seen a compass pop up, just info about the exits.. it sounds like you may be in off road mode or something....

try electing just certain points of interest as opposed to turning them all on, if you have done so, and see if that helps.... also, make sure you are not in off-road mode...

KoreanBuilt
04-13-07, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Somehow it got put into offroad mode. Turned it off and fixed the problem.

ejholt
04-13-07, 05:20 PM
Actually this happens all the time to me here in Maine. What I have found out is that when the compass comes on you are in an area that has not been mapped out. The dots you are seeing represents the area where you are currently driving or if you have driven there before, it somehow keeps it in memory. I have a lot of new roads, well at least a couple of years old that do not even show up on the map, so when I drive over them it will turn to the compass and show the white dots, as I have traveled over this area before.