: New owner of 2004 SRX AWD

Nascarcamper
04-11-07, 01:44 PM
I just added to my toy box a 2004 SRX AWD V6 NAV/radio with just about all the options that were available (I think). Now I want to add my Sirius radio, I like the ash tray mount that frank_rizzo has pictures of posted. My question is how to remove the NAV radio so I can get to the antenna wire to install my wired FM transmitter. I have had many a dash apart and kinda figure this is no more difficult than most, probably all snap clips and maybe a few hidden screws. Anybody have any hints or suggestions from their past experience removing the NAV radio??? any areas of caution? How about satellite radio antenna mounting options?? I have the ultraroof so I'm sure my options of where to mount will be limited. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

TSS
04-11-07, 06:24 PM
Congrats on the purchase fellow Michigander - sorry I can't help with your issue. However, you will love the SRX.

jrose7004
04-11-07, 10:14 PM
Congrats on your new car! I haven't had my dash apart yet but I'm sure someone will be along that has!

Nascarcamper
04-12-07, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I know from other forums that I belong to that they are a usually a large helpful group. I actually will be in Lansing on Monday where the SRX is built... maybe I can get with a repairman and ask some questions.

TSS
04-13-07, 08:41 AM
Capitol cadillac in Lansing is a superb dealer/service department.

Nascarcamper
04-13-07, 09:48 AM
I purchased this SRX from Crestview Cadillac in Rochester, but from what I have seen in the paperwork... it was original purchased at Capitol Cadillac in Lansing.