: 07 Speaker, processor and amp upgrades, advice please

Kickboxer
04-11-07, 03:06 AM
I've decided I'm finished with the sub par factory stereo. I've done plenty of installs in the past so I'm going to do this one too.

Thinking I'm going to keep the stock head unit for obvious reasons. Planning to use the rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 processor since it has so many custom EQ and time alignment settings plus a great way to add speaker level inputs if needed.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=1&series_id=49&family_id=50&item_id=106187&locale=en_US&p_status=

Has anyone used this processor here? If so how did they like it and where did you put it in, before or after the stock bose amp? Any wiring guides?

I'm of the camp that a moving car just adds so much noise to the system that's its silly to go crazy on ultra high end equipment, just going to use some mid grade 6-3/4 door speakers such as MB Quart, Polk, Infinity etc and a TC sounds TC-2000 sub out back with some good quality amps such as RF, MTX, JL audio etc (100W channel doors and 1000W sub).

I've already taken the doors apart and that's a no brainer. Wondering about the tweeters in the A pillars. How have people integrated their aftermarket tweeters in there and still used the stock covers? I'm thinking maybe some JB weld and some strapping, but there's likely a better way.

Additionally, I've never used a center speaker before, is this something people recommend now? Not really sure I want to buy another amp just for the center channel as I want a steath install and mounting locations are limited. Most five channel amps I see have the 5th channel for subs, do most people just bridge the center off the fronts?

Any advice on any of the above is greatly appreciated. Thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on this within 2-3 weeks after some equipment shopping/comparing.

hcvone
04-11-07, 06:50 AM
Have you played any 5.1 music on your system yet, it sounds pretty good, the radio section is pretty bad though. :(

Kickboxer
04-11-07, 10:59 PM
Nobody has done anything like this before here?

Talented Square
02-19-08, 11:19 PM
Have you ever heard of a company called audiocontrol. If you haven't let me tell you what you can do to your Caddy. You would use your factory deck, have you heard of the saying (if it ain't broken don"t fix it). Go to http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=21366&l1=21366 Now go to the sixth design from the top and you will have the idea of keeping your sexy touch screen deck with nav. Along with the true surround sound of a 5.1 system. BUT instead of using the LC8 component you will have to use 2 of their LC6 model. If you want me to email you a complete diagram of how you can have your center channel and every other speaker to work to its potential E-MAIL me at ysquare_88@yahoo.com

Talented Square
02-19-08, 11:27 PM
Here is a fast look at your future system if you follow my lead. http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product.asp?Product_Id=226046&d_Id=21366&l1=21366&l2=

403HP
02-20-08, 09:17 AM
This is a great topic. I would like to add an amp and sub to my EXT but I don't want to give up storage space. I thought about building a box for two 12's for the bed in the EXT but that would take up allot of useable space. Any ideas?

Talented Square
03-08-08, 08:55 PM
I am planning on putting 4 12's digital audio brand and the 9000 series www.digitalaudioinc.com. I put 4 of these same subs in a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee spare tire compartment. Please opening up the back of any 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee trunk and take out the spare tire out of the compartment and think of 4 of the same digital audio 12's in the carpartment. What I did was use the spare tire compartment as a model for the box using fiberglass then for the flat surface I use two 3/4 inch plywood then place the subs. The space is very very same for 2 12's but I am going to tell the subs hit they played a different note of high and low notes. SO what I am going to do to the Caddy is use the width of truck then message the depth and the height that I need to make the box then divide the subs from each other.

gs430
03-09-08, 04:22 PM
In the A pilars you can use seprate tweeters.MB Quart,Boston Acoustic etc.I used boston acoustic tweets Neo M. Comes with it's own passive crossover you can wire those in line with the front speakers.The covers for the tweets in the A pilar come off there are 3 tabs or so. A little grinding to fit the tweets is all you have do.I think a 9/32 bolt/screw that holds it in on the top.