: Skidpad g's

Davidstan
04-10-07, 10:45 AM
I have read anywhere from 83g to 88g as to the g rating of our cars for 300 ft skidpad. Does anyone have a consensus? I can tell a hair of a difference from my cts v to current car with the hair being in the cts v favor. Seems the std STS is rated at 83g so it seems impossible the V car would be the same. In a article i read that caddy was shooting for same handling as the '05 M5. Y'alls thoughts?

Kadonny
04-10-07, 03:28 PM
I sure wish we had the G meter on our cars.

I will tell you however that last night on the way home I was really pushing the car though a few corners. I thought it actually felt a little more secure and predictable than my CTS-V. I was able to control my rear much better with the auto trans or maybe it was the wider rear tires, it sure was fun. I even didn't have competition mode on, I guess I have to try it again in comp mode :thumbsup:

Overall though, I was totally happy with how she handled. I would have loved to see a G meter on it.

WillySTS
04-11-07, 09:43 PM
I sure wish we had the G meter on our cars.

I thought it actually felt a little more secure and predictable than my CTS-V. I was able to control my rear much better with the auto trans or maybe it was the wider rear tires, it sure was fun. I even didn't have competition mode on, I guess I have to try it again in comp mode :thumbsup:

Overall though, I was totally happy with how she handled. I would have loved to see a G meter on it.

That is the understeer that our cars have...being able to bring the tail around when you want to is safer, more secure than having to try and keep it back there.

And no, it doesn't handle like an M5, which is alright with me.

Kadonny
04-12-07, 10:28 AM
That is the understeer that our cars have...being able to bring the tail around when you want to is safer, more secure than having to try and keep it back there.

And no, it doesn't handle like an M5, which is alright with me.

Agreed.

Willy, we REALLY need some pics of your Thunder Gray.

Davidstan
04-12-07, 04:51 PM
Agreed.

Willy, we REALLY need some pics of your Thunder Gray.

Yes.....i want to see the thunder gray as well.

WillySTS
04-13-07, 02:35 AM
I've already tried...I'm not real computer savy and it tells me to reduce the resolution, which I do not know how to do.