: top speed discussion

harryctsv
04-06-07, 04:02 AM
On dec. 21 I`ve got me a new STS V8 (export model) that`s with the CTS V - wheels 255/45 18 all around and the Brembo brakes. NO SPEED LIMITER there, I`ve had it fastest till now to 276 kph ( 172 mph) and the handling and road-feeling of this car is great.

Happy Easter

Harry

Onalaska
04-08-07, 09:18 AM
Harry, what did your dealer do about the wind noise? I got my STS up to 125Mph and the wind noise coming from the driver's door was so loud it scared me and I slowed back down.

harryctsv
04-08-07, 10:55 AM
Harry, what did your dealer do about the wind noise? I got my STS up to 125Mph and the wind noise coming from the driver's door was so loud it scared me and I slowed back down.
Hi Onalaska,
first time I`ve had it to my dealer to fix it brought nothing. I`ve had it after that for a long Autobahn trip about 10 days ago and drove for a long way between 100 - 165 mph (160 - 265 kph) and I found out when the scary noise was there to press the upper door panel on the rear of the window to the inside and the noise was gone. Now it was easy for me to tell my dealer what causes the wind noises. Had it in last week and they adjusted the doors, was heavy on drivers door and only sometimes on passenger door but after I picked up the car my first way was to see if it`s gone, made 30 fast miles on the Autobahn and - it is GONE!!!!!!
They adjusted the driver door about 3mm and the passenger door 1 mm - that was it:thumbsup:

Tell your dealer to adjust your door for about 3mm toward inside the car on the upper window/door frame.

Harry

Onalaska
04-08-07, 08:35 PM
Harry,

Thanks for the info on the doors. The dealer will probably laugh at me if I tell them the noise starts at about 125 MPH! I looked at the door seals and I think I can move the door latch in enough to make the door fit a little tighter when closed. It was quiet up to about 120 and then very loud all at once and I thought something bad had happened because the noise was so loud. Not too many places to get up to that speed around here. Still would like to see it hit the limiter once though. The car seemd very stable at that speed. How is the stability above 150?

urbanski
04-08-07, 09:09 PM
moved STS discussion out of STS-V

harryctsv
04-09-07, 07:05 AM
Harry,

Thanks for the info on the doors. The dealer will probably laugh at me if I tell them the noise starts at about 125 MPH! I looked at the door seals and I think I can move the door latch in enough to make the door fit a little tighter when closed. It was quiet up to about 120 and then very loud all at once and I thought something bad had happened because the noise was so loud. Not too many places to get up to that speed around here. Still would like to see it hit the limiter once though. The car seemd very stable at that speed. How is the stability above 150?

No problem:thumbsup:
it started on mine between 200 - 220 kph ( 120 - 135 mph) that`s exactly the numbers with yours.
I didn`t do it myself but my dealer fixed this correctly and now it`s like it should be.
The car feels excellent at speeds 120 - 170 mph and I`m glad our export models doesn`t have the speed-limiter. Another big point here for our Autobahns is the Brembo brakes which comes from the V`s (CTS V and STS V) has the same. Best brakes I`ve had in a Cadillac, even better than my XLR brakes.

OK Onalaska, adjust the door for about 3mm that`ll work and let me know!

Harry

G-man
11-27-07, 02:16 AM
wow!

tedasaurus
11-27-07, 04:36 AM
I have had my '05 STS4 V8 up barely past 150mph but not to the speed limiter that I presume is at 155mph. It is hard for me to get it any faster given the remote locale I usually use. I have the wind noise too but it is not that bad.

harryctsv
11-27-07, 02:40 PM
I have had my '05 STS4 V8 up barely past 150mph but not to the speed limiter that I presume is at 155mph. It is hard for me to get it any faster given the remote locale I usually use. I have the wind noise too but it is not that bad.
Hi tedasaurus,
the wind noise was bad, starting at around 120 mph but no more wn since fixed.
The US version STS V8 is limted at 158 mph, I`ve checked this out in your land.

Harry

tedasaurus
11-28-07, 01:19 AM
If you think that is bad try to drive a C4 Corvette Callaway ('91) twin turbo at 165mph. The rear hatch glass starts to shake violently enough to let air in on opposing sides.
Drove a '03 SL55 to 185mph (Renntech) and it was perfect. Imagine that.

harryctsv
11-28-07, 10:15 AM
If you think that is bad try to drive a C4 Corvette Callaway ('91) twin turbo at 165mph. The rear hatch glass starts to shake violently enough to let air in on opposing sides.
Drove a '03 SL55 to 185mph (Renntech) and it was perfect. Imagine that.
A month ago I`ve had from my dealer a 07 Z06 for two days and you can`t compare it anymore to the 91 Callaway Vette. It`s the feastest car I`ve had driven till than. Got it up to 320 kph (200 mph) but I know it`s able to do 347 kph( 215 mph) because a friend of me owns one. There`s no rattle or sqeeks on this car, doen`t matter how slow are fast you go:thumbsup:

Since about one month the STS V is available here in Germany and I might trade my STS in for a V. I just wait till my dealership have a demonstrator to see how it runs and maybe, if they give me a good price for mine, I`ll buy one.

Harry

soupero
12-01-07, 05:08 PM
So the V-'s finally arrived in Europe. What a shame, bad move from cadillac... because BMW has already facelifted the M5

I hope they will sell some.