: Shipping one to Sweden?

Mike B
04-07-07, 07:53 AM
I would like to know a couple of things so I can check if itīs possible to get it legal with the authoritys here.

First I need to know if itīs 50 state legal?
Is there an STS-V with km/h graded speedometer? (instead of mph)

Then there is some that wonīt be a problem to get it legal but that would be nice if it works.

NAV here in Sweden, is it possible to just order the NAV dvd from an ordinary STS and put it in the STS-v?
Even frequencies on the FM radio would also be nice to have, is it possible?
Donīt have a clue about if the OnStar will work, anybody that knows?

/Mikael

VelocitySTSV
04-07-07, 09:43 AM
I do know that the STS V can easily toggle between mph/kph. That's an easy one.

Mike B
04-07-07, 10:12 AM
Thanks alot.
So itīs just like the old Sevilleīs?

Just a couple of questions left then :)

harryctsv
04-07-07, 02:29 PM
I would like to know a couple of things so I can check if itīs possible to get it legal with the authoritys here.

Then there is some that wonīt be a problem to get it legal but that would be nice if it works.

NAV here in Sweden, is it possible to just order the NAV dvd from an ordinary STS and put it in the STS-v?

/Mikael
Hi Mike,
get you the car from Canada, it has the 260 kph speedo (had my STS V8) export model here in Germany up to 276 kph.
My car came with European Nav disc, you can get them through your lacal Cadillac dealer in Sweden.
You really don`t need to change something on the radio, my DTS which I traded for my STS was an US model and the frequencies of FM was exactly matching ours.
XM radio or OnStar is not available in Europe!

Happy Easter, hope I could help

Harry

z06bigbird
04-12-07, 01:38 PM
As long as you have clean title, you can ship it to someone overseas.

Ed

caddycruiser
04-22-07, 10:39 AM
Hi Mike,
get you the car from Canada, it has the 260 kph speedo (had my STS V8) export model here in Germany up to 276 kph.
My car came with European Nav disc, you can get them through your lacal Cadillac dealer in Sweden.
You really don`t need to change something on the radio, my DTS which I traded for my STS was an US model and the frequencies of FM was exactly matching ours.
XM radio or OnStar is not available in Europe!

Happy Easter, hope I could help

Harry

^^And we have the answers right here:thumbsup:

GM-4-LIFE
04-23-07, 03:22 PM

/Mikael

I can tell you that ALL GM vehicles from the 2001 model year through present are 50 state legal as long as the emission label is affixed in place, you should have no problem.

As far as the nav system, just get the Europe DVD and you should be fine.

You can easily switch from English to Metric on the STS-V.

I can't see why the FM or AM won't work in Europe.

OnStar won't work because I believe it is for U.S. residents only.

Hope this helps.

SG

Wiseguy2
05-01-07, 02:24 AM
OnStar won't work in Europe for several reasons... primarially because it's an AMPS or CDMA-Based mobile phone, and Europe uses GSM.