: Sealer for Paint STS V

Jeff K.
04-06-07, 03:52 PM
Just purchased an STS V in Black Raven. The dealer tried to sell me the "paint sealer" package for a bit over $1000. Black gets dirty quickly here in Vegas with wind and:confused: dust. Question, will the sealer make it easier to clean and assist in stopping early fading? Anyone have any experience? Will I get a better deal on the same thing having such a sealer put on at a reputable auto paint dealer?
Thanks!

mocts
04-06-07, 04:02 PM
never heard of it. could be another dealer scam, though im not sure

Silver Dollar
04-06-07, 05:04 PM
scam

$1,000 bucks is a lot of money for a wax job.

b4z
04-06-07, 08:52 PM
Ridiculous.

WillySTS
04-09-07, 12:08 AM
scam

$1,000 bucks is a lot of money for a wax job.

And that's just what it is...

I use Zaino on all of my cars, but I wax all of my cars myself. I know most V owners probably have their cars washed, but if you don't, Zaino is the answer.

caddyv8v
04-09-07, 07:20 AM
one moment please. we in fact sell a sealer at our dealership that comes with a policy in writing. during a five year period, if your paint loses its gloss or develops acid rain spots, or even is damaged by bugs etc...we will buff the paint to eliminate the problem, or our body shop will properly repaint the vehicle. inside is covered as well for spills or tears. this is all in writing.

caddyv8v
04-09-07, 07:21 AM
also includes a caddy loaner as well.

z06bigbird
04-09-07, 08:52 PM
A big "If." I refer to that option as: DNB/HP. Dealer's next boat/house payment.

Dealer's are having rough times making payments over the past 30 years--since the Japanese started making more reliable cars.

(I all of my cars are American.)

Ed

WillySTS
04-10-07, 02:27 AM
one moment please. we in fact sell a sealer at our dealership that comes with a policy in writing. during a five year period, if your paint loses its gloss or develops acid rain spots, or even is damaged by bugs etc...we will buff the paint to eliminate the problem, or our body shop will properly repaint the vehicle. inside is covered as well for spills or tears. this is all in writing.

I hear ya, Bud, But I have a little experience with that also since I have worked in dealership service departments since I graduated high school in 1970 and currently work as a service advisor in a Cadillac dealership. I worked 17 years as a service manager and had to administer adjustment/repair on quite a few of those warranties. During this time, I had routinely applied it to my very own cars and/or demos that I had at the time, and that stuff never, at anytime, performed any different(read that as any better) than ANY wax I have ever used. In fact, Zaino gives more protection than any that I have seen. And I have never seen anything prevent tears in the interior except keeping the car covered or out of the sun, which will help interior to RESIST tering after years of use. I also have and currently do use the fabric guard, it helps fabric and carpet RESIST stains, not prevent them.

Just my observation...

caddyv8v
04-10-07, 08:19 AM
not at all saying our product is any better, i doubt that it is...just saying one can purchase a policy at our dealer that extends to accidents/spills/acid rain/bugs/tar etc, not wear & tear.