: Drivers side wind noise

bigdog9586
04-06-07, 11:37 AM
I notice with the drivers window down I get a lot of wind and noise but the big thing is it seems where I sit it blows right in my ear. I had that on my Trailblazer but I could roll down back window and it would go away. No matter what I do it continues to blow right in my ear. Of course I wear a hearing aid in that ear and it magnifys it ten fold. I was wondering if those clear plastics deflectors that I see on peoples windows so you can put down window in rain would help. Anyone else out there have this problem and have you been able to solve it?

ascariSTS
04-07-07, 01:33 AM
YEAH ME... but couldn't solve it

This is one of the most annoying THINGS... I dropped it at the dealer 3 times... they just can't fix it...

I had an accident and i'm waiting for my car to get fixed... then I'm taking it to some freek mechanic to look at it...

I had similar problem with my previous car... Dealer couldn't fix... I took it to that guy and he fixed it in 5 minutes... simply coz he uses logic.. not a MANUAL...

good luck :)

bigdog9586
04-07-07, 10:13 AM
so what did he do to fix it?

ascariSTS
04-07-07, 11:49 PM
so what did he do to fix it?

Well... not sure but... there is that rubber around the door from inside... somehow, there was a small portion that wasn't closing completely... meaning, not touching the other side when i close the door... it's leaving a little space for the air to go through... and that's where the noise comes from... He did some kind of waxing I think and it took care of it

but the case might be different with STS... If you take it to some smart guy, he will know it in minutes...

but if the dealer has a document for this and an immediate fix, then take it to them... but I haven't heard of such thing...

This problem is common among MANY GM cars... My uncle has a Denali... same problem... still no fix... my old car was Holden Berlina... No fix...

and they all happen only with the Drivers door... strange

bigdog9586
04-08-07, 08:08 AM
thanks but my problem is with the window down, all the air rushes right in and hits my ear full force. Anything over about 20mph and you have to put up the windows. What good does it do to have a sunroof when you can't put down the rest of the windows due to the wind blowing so loud in my left ear that it's a real pain.
====================

Well... not sure but... there is that rubber around the door from inside... somehow, there was a small portion that wasn't closing completely... meaning, not touching the other side when i close the door... it's leaving a little space for the air to go through... and that's where the noise comes from... He did some kind of waxing I think and it took care of it

but the case might be different with STS... If you take it to some smart guy, he will know it in minutes...

but if the dealer has a document for this and an immediate fix, then take it to them... but I haven't heard of such thing...

This problem is common among MANY GM cars... My uncle has a Denali... same problem... still no fix... my old car was Holden Berlina... No fix...

and they all happen only with the Drivers door... strange

ascariSTS
04-09-07, 12:11 AM
OH... I missed that "down" part... I'm getting this noise when it's closed...

That's the case with sunroofs... I notice in some cars the wind coming through sunroof is too much... when I looked close into it.. I noticed that those cars with lot of wind coming through, have some kind of deflector that rises at the back when the sunroof is fully opened... Instead of letting the wind pass, it's forcing it to blow inside the car... For those cars with no deflector, just a small portion of the wind gets into the car...

Well, what I can think of is... some air is circulating when it hits that pillar between two doors... Those deflectors you talked about may help coz it will change the winds way and will not hit that pillar...

Without deflectors, wind hits the pillars

http://ascari.jeeran.com/deflector2.jpg

with deflectors, most wind will pass

http://ascari.jeeran.com/deflector3.jpg

after all, that's what I think... not what I tried... let me know :)