: Continental Cross Contact LX

b4z
04-05-07, 09:08 PM
I bought these in January from Tire Rack and just put them on today.
They are about $40 per tire cheaper than the original factory Goodyears RSAs that had 37,000 miles on them.

I was looking for something that might ride a tad better, was cheaper and got good reviews.

They don't seem to ride any better but aren't any worse. I guessed that they were overfilled by the mechanic who mounted them but when I got home they had 32lbs psi.

They aren't any noisier.

The RSA is a little bit better looking and has a squared off shoulder.

Handling seems to be the same. Maybe a little bit quicker turn in with the RSA's.

So i guess I accomplished my goal of saving a solid $160 or more on the set, but the RSAs didn't really ride that bad so I would recommend the Continentals as a cheaper replacement.

KMO
04-06-07, 07:43 AM
I have the same tires... put them on in November of last year. I have had no issues with them. they aren't quite as aggresive as the stock Eagles... but they have a 60K or 65K warranty (can't remember).

b4z
04-06-07, 06:08 PM
I think they actually ride a bit harder than the original tires.

srxfl
08-09-07, 09:42 AM
I put the same tires on about 6 months ago. In my opinion, these should have been the factory tires. The Goodyear Eagle RSA's were crap! The Conti's are quieter, smoother, and anything will wear better than the RSA's!

SRX-V
08-10-07, 08:45 PM
I purchased the Continential Cross Contact UHP for my 05 NS RWD with the sizes: F = 235/60-18 and R = 255/55-18 (OE for several models of the Porsche Cayenne). They have a softer/quieter ride than the OE Michelins and have also improved the handling. They were purchased through the TireRack and were slightly cheaper that the OE Michelins.