: Its Offical Linkin Parks Back...

CadillacSTS42005
04-04-07, 02:19 PM
Minutes Until Midnight is set for release on May 15, the new single What I've Done is already out....
My opinions, as a huge Linkin Park fan i cant "hate" it, but i think they've grown progressively WEAKER.... I miss huge hard rock ballads they used to put out like The End, One Step Closer, Pts of Athry, etc.... This new song is just idk weak...

MacKiNBacK
04-04-07, 02:25 PM
I kind of assumed that with their new cd.. I was a huge fan when Hybrid Theory came out.. Listened to it all the way through 100's of times. Then Meteora came out.. And dont get me wrong.. It was ok.. But it defiantly wasnt up to par with the 1st.. Like you say.. they seemed weaker.. Then re-animation.. Didnt even bother with that.. But Ill be sure to purchase the new one when its out. Ill have to check around for the single.

MacK

CadillacSTS42005
04-04-07, 02:31 PM
Metora came out after re-animation
Reanimation was nothing more then Hybrid Theory Remixs

Sadly it seems like ALOT of hard rock bands are going this route...
System of a Downs recent album was just pathetic...
Metallica St Anger that was awful

and alot of the more orginally lighter rock bands got alot harder
Three Days Grace
Breaking Benjamin

i guess its a trade off but its a pity with LP, they had so many side projects some good, others HORRID (JZ namely..)

MacKiNBacK
04-05-07, 01:40 PM
Was that how they were released? Ahh yes I believe I remember now. I kind of find myself sticking with harder music (slipknot, tool, mudvayne ect) because it seems hard to find decent stuff lately. Guess thats because the hard rock station around here shutdown and turned into an oldies about a year ago. We still have alternative but too many repeats.. Got to get me Sirius!! Ill have to check out some of the three days and breaking to see what your talking about. Thanks for the tip!

MacK

CadillacSTS42005
04-05-07, 02:21 PM
3DG-Riot
songs insane man
when im pissed off i blare that in the ETC and drop the pedal...

MacKiNBacK
04-05-07, 02:27 PM
damn your right.. very good! when i get off work ill have to preview some more! hah.. Finally new music to listen to!

MacK

Spyder
04-05-07, 02:29 PM
I heard the LP that was released as a single. It's ok, but not LP, if that makes sense.

The DJ was talking about the album, I guess he'd heard some of the other stuff but the quality was really bad. He said it was WAY louder and heavier than the single. Said it was really good stuff...

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not a big LP fan, I've seen them open for Metallica...but I don't turn it off when it comes on the radio. :)

CadillacSTS42005
04-05-07, 03:29 PM
i hope to God that other tracks will be harder...
but comparing this track to all the other singles
In the End (HT)
One Step Closer (HT)
Crawling (HT)
Pts of Athry (RA)
Somewhere I Belong (M)
Numb (M)
Faint (M)
this one just plain sucks lol

CadillacSTS42005
04-05-07, 03:35 PM
damn your right.. very good! when i get off work ill have to preview some more! hah.. Finally new music to listen to!

MacK

Np tracks off One X (Three Days Grace) are all pretty DAMN good but especially these (in order of best imho)
Riot
Pain
Animal Ive Become
Its All Over

Phobia (Breaking Benjamin)
Breath
Until the End
Had Enough
Diary of Jane

nikon
04-05-07, 11:48 PM
I just downloaded the single...sounds way too much like Fort Minor...dont get me wrong, I like fort minor...but I prefer LP...I must agree I hope the album is much harder...I used to love almost blowing my speakers to their whole cd....we'll see I guess.

most bands are doing this...sugar ray is the first that comes to my head...does anyone remember Floored?? and then they went to the slow chick music..I mean it got them chicks so more power to them, but then he goes on to Entertainment Tonight??? c'mon

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-06-07, 08:09 PM
Ugh.... I hate Linkin Park.