: Is the Volant CAI really available?

zzzasy
04-04-07, 12:43 PM
I have been searching trying to find the Volant CAI for the 4.6 STS. After not having any success, I went to the Volantperformance website and its not even listed on their website as a product. Can anyone provide more info on who are selling them if really available.

thank you,

zzzasy
'05 STS Black Raven

robert
04-05-07, 11:48 AM
I got a VOLANT CAI for my 05 STS V-8, Part # was 15946150 with the 9 penciled out and changed to an 8, however the CAI did not fit my V-8, the CAI polyurathene molded air intake tube was 3 inches too long and I could not alter it to make it fit. I have given up on Volant, maybe some other company will make a CAI to fit the 4.6L V-8.

Dr. Design
04-05-07, 03:39 PM
Hello,
Sorry to hear about your issues with them. Fortunately we are developing an air intake system for the 4.6L V-8 that will be designed for maximum air flow. We should have something available in about 3-4 weeks as we are getting production finalized. Also we will need a STS V8 for test fitment and dyno testing. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

I got a VOLANT CAI for my 05 STS V-8, Part # was 15946150 with the 9 penciled out and changed to an 8, however the CAI did not fit my V-8, the CAI polyurathene molded air intake tube was 3 inches too long and I could not alter it to make it fit. I have given up on Volant, maybe some other company will make a CAI to fit the 4.6L V-8.

mocts
04-05-07, 09:48 PM
d3 wheres the cts stuff. the new one is about to come out and you didnt even make anything for the present one. dissapointing

Dr. Design
04-05-07, 10:12 PM
Hello,
Actually, we are going to come out with the CTS intake pretty soon. We are doing a lot of R&D right now getting new products to the market. The problem we were having with the 3.6L V6 CTS was that we were moving too much air through the intake system. The computer would try and compensate for it by adding more fuel thus causing the vehicle to run rich. The dilemma we were faced with was requiring the consumers to purchase an ECU chip upgrade to correct the air/fuel ratios. However this is actually a plus because we can add even more power to the vehicle with our ECU tune. So that is the long and short of it.

(Sorry if the response was a little off topic).

Thanks,

d3 wheres the cts stuff. the new one is about to come out and you didnt even make anything for the present one. dissapointing

robert
04-06-07, 10:03 AM
I Do Hope That D-3 Makes A Cai For The 05-07 Sts V-8 Soon And That They Please Post This Info When It Is Available.

ibeebugz012
05-03-07, 09:59 AM
what is the updates with this system? is it out now?

mocts
05-03-07, 11:29 AM
dunno about d3 they say one thing then they never come up with the product. god knows how much stuff they promised for the cts that they never made

Cajonkev
05-03-07, 04:15 PM
I spoke to Volant last week when I needed to order the recharge kit for my CAI about the issues expressed here.

According to the person I spoke to he was completely surprised there were any issues and that they were selling units for the STS. I gave him/them the info on the fit issues and product number pen & ink changes and he said he would look into it.

Not being a person that had a problem myself it would be helpful to hear from those that have as to what their experience has been of late.

Since they had no problem installing mine, I am very curious as to where the problems arose from...

zzzasy
05-03-07, 04:24 PM
I truly believe that the ones that have been purchased was actually for the SRX not the STS. You can find the SRX and STS v6 units easily. Also, why don't they have the V8 STS ones listed on their website. Haven't been to their site in awhile, but as I said in the first thread, when I did go out there weeks ago, it was not listed.

zzzasy

Cajonkev
05-03-07, 04:29 PM
It was mentioned in a separate thread back in January that Volant has website issues that they are aware of. They are not able to keep it updated at this time so new releases and such are not regularly updated.

Having visited their offices (Volant) and knowing that I just fired a web company for similar issues I am not surprised but do feel for those that can't get the product they want.

ibeebugz012
05-04-07, 02:56 PM
hey..the reason why i asked was b/c i had ordered a kit from volant and it came in yesterday. I installed it and it works great..i completely undertand the fit issues but i got it to fit with a lil minor modifications and you cant even tell that i did anything to it really sounds very good..goes along great with my corsa exhaust system...please I M me if you have any question ibeebugz012 on aim

Cajonkev
05-04-07, 03:19 PM
hey..the reason why i asked was b/c i had ordered a kit from volant and it came in yesterday. I installed it and it works great..i completely undertand the fit issues but i got it to fit with a lil minor modifications and you cant even tell that i did anything to it really sounds very good..goes along great with my corsa exhaust system...please I M me if you have any question ibeebugz012 on aim

Welcome to the Corsa/Volant club. Enjoy!

robert
05-04-07, 05:48 PM
ibeebugz012, How did you alter yout Volant CAI to make it fit and do you have the 4.6L V-8 ? I received a CAI from Volant, part#15946150 (The 9 was penciled out and the #8 was written in) the polyethylene intake tube was approx 3 inches to long so I didn't try to make it fit but if it is possible to alter the intake tube and make it fit and work proper I'll try it. Please let me know how you altered your CAI. Thanks - Robert

zzzasy
05-07-07, 08:44 AM
Now, I'm very confused because I thought Volant didn't sell directly. Where did you guys buy your units?

zzzasy

ibeebugz012
05-07-07, 02:44 PM
i ordered the volant kit and installed it to my car...it had to be modified but the modification was easy...like said above..3 inches too long.. i cut a couple inches off the end going into the mass air flow and like 1 off the top going into the throttle and it fit perfection..the insulation given make it fit tight with the clamps and everything is good..no leaks and nice nice sound with my borla system.. let me know if anyone has question aim ibeebugz012... ** i agree tha volant should have made it better fitting but its a caddy not many people have stuff for our cars..so..i take it and ride with it..**

ibeebugz012
05-07-07, 02:50 PM
zzzasy- i got mine online..you are correct volant does not sell directly but you can get it from any authorized dealer...
robert- i cut 2 inches off the tube where the mass air flow connect to and about 1 where the tube goes into the throttle..just make sure you cut an inch at a time so you do not over cut..then when you use the rubber silicon thing and the clams they fit exactly like how it should of came in the first place..let me know how your install goes..the plastic is realatively easy to cut..too me like 5 minutes to cut it..it took me like 1 hr to put it in at first thinking that i would be able to squeeze it..but then i had to make the modifications..