: DVD unlocking + watch movies while U drive

Autobahn_Burner
04-04-07, 08:38 AM
We make the oem DVD players region free so it can play dvd discs from all regions (1-8). We have a plug and play box that unlocks your nav system so you can watch movies while vehicle is in motion as well as other features become available that are normally factory locked when vehicle is in motion.
:)

urbanski
04-04-07, 08:50 AM
sounds interesting, PM sent

Don73
04-04-07, 12:36 PM
More info please.....

Autobahn_Burner
04-05-07, 07:30 AM
The DVD control unit has to be sent in as we have to exchange the bios chip set as well as we have to reflash the unit. That kind of soldering / flashing job is not for everyone...
As of the plug and play box, we first have to go deeper into regulatory / legal issues, because we dont want to spend the rest of our life behind bars, you know.

carrfixr
04-05-07, 08:07 PM
ill pass

Tee
04-06-07, 01:25 AM
Ah Come on, Carrfixr, Box up that Nav unit and send it to Germany.

n7don_srx
04-06-07, 07:39 AM
I've seen units advertised that will unlock the nav system.
For example: http://www.coastaletech.com/gmlockpick3.htm
I haven't found any that specifically has SRX support.
Kind of wonder the intent of the original posting.

BarryH_GEG
04-06-07, 02:53 PM
We make the oem DVD players region free so it can play dvd discs from all regions (1-8). We have a plug and play box that unlocks your nav system so you can watch movies while vehicle is in motion as well as other features become available that are normally factory locked when vehicle is in motion.

No one is going to care about "region free" until there's a way to unlock watching movies (and using other features such as Nav, Bluetooth, etc.) while driving. If I'm going to watch a DVD movie, there's plenty of more comfortable places to do it than a parked car. Solving the first problem is meaningless until someone solves the second problem.

FarEast
04-06-07, 06:10 PM

May I suggest that you rather work on unlocking rear seat DVD player. I personally would be very intersted in making RSE DVD player region free.

GSTOM
05-24-07, 01:43 AM
Hallo Autobahn Burner,
funktioniert das auch bei einem CTS Baujahr 2003?
kann leider keine PN schicken. Hier meine Mail: Krawuckel@aol.com
Gruß Thomas