: I just did something very stupid...

Jonas McFeely
04-04-07, 12:48 AM
Im on my way back from dropping my friend Gavin back off at his house,and i get behind a little white Hyundai Accent. Im behind for a couple miles and its just creeping along. About a mile away from my apartment,driving down a two-lane road,i start to get pissed off.By this time,they were doing 10-under in a 25mph zone.

They hit their signal and start to make a right turn.So i get the bright idea to zip into the other lane and pass them,while turning.So i speed up and make the turn. They also speed up as soon as they see me try to get around.So we are almost neck and neck on a two-lane.I start to get over and almost run them off the road. I realize what i almost did and haul ass,getting up to about 40mph in a 25.They get right on my ass,flashing their brights and weaving all around.By this time my heart is racing and im kind of panicing.

They turned off and i kept going.WOW,i havnt really done anything like this before and feel really stupid for doing so.Im usually a pretty calm driver.I mean i get pissed at other drivers sometimes,but nothing like that.

Ehhh,im dumb. Never do that again!

eldorado99
04-04-07, 12:59 AM
Well thats good, I thought you were going to say you hit the Hyundai. Good lesson learned anyway!

illumina
04-04-07, 01:35 AM
Aren't you like 6'5" and 300 lbs? If they have a problem, get out of the car and crack them in the jaw!

:D

Just kidding, and yes, patience on the road is a good thing.

Jonas McFeely
04-04-07, 02:57 AM
Aren't you like 6'5" and 300 lbs? If they have a problem, get out of the car and crack them in the jaw!

:D

Just kidding, and yes, patience on the road is a good thing.

6'4'' 310. Im a big dude,but im very docile.I never really get angry and never use my size to intimidate.But youre right,i couldve shown them whats up.:banana:

ewill3rd
04-04-07, 06:23 AM
If you ask me... you and the Hyundai driver screwed up and own your own share of the problem.
If they saw that you were that anxious to pass them they should have let you go and moved on with their lives.
They were probably deliberately trying to slow you down earlier but that doesn't really matter either.
The point is, I think, that at least you learned something.
Pretty scary the things your brain can do when you get behind the wheel of a 3,000 pound bullet isn't it?
I know I have done some scary stuff behind the wheel I'd just as soon forget.
Glad to hear you came away with something that might help you later.
It is just not worth the risk to get ahead of someone like that.

70eldo
04-04-07, 06:46 AM
Sometimes you just don't have your day. I am happy you caught yourself.
Though it is also illegal to speed up when you are overtaken, I am happy you kept your calm afterwards.

I would've done the same. And I too, would be ashamed of myself losing my nerves.

Points for you

RightTurn
04-04-07, 08:03 AM
6'4'' 310. Im a big dude,but im very docile.I never really get angry and never use my size to intimidate.But youre right,i couldve shown them whats up.:banana:

Ya, but some of the crazy mofo's carry "equalizers" nowadays. You wouldn't want to get shot by some nutcase. (And we've all experienced road rage...I get it just sitting at my desk. :alchi:)

Jonas McFeely
04-04-07, 11:37 AM
Ya, but some of the crazy mofo's carry "equalizers" nowadays. You wouldn't want to get shot by some nutcase. (And we've all experienced road rage...I get it just sitting at my desk. :alchi:)

"Equalizers." Thats a first for me. Youre right,nothing is worth getting shot over,especially some jerk off in a Hyundai.

Pckstude
04-04-07, 11:46 AM
Don't beat urself up to badly. We humans make lots of mistakes. Fortunately all that got hurt was a little pride. Have a couple of beers to help u let it go.

Jonas McFeely
04-04-07, 11:55 AM
Don't beat urself up to badly. We humans make lots of mistakes. Fortunately all that got hurt was a little pride. Have a couple of beers to help u let it go.

Oh i did.My room mate,myself and 4 other people ended up killing 2 18 packs of Miller Lite and a 24 pack and a half of Bud Light playing beer pong til 3:30am. Nothing like beer pong to put you in a great mood,especially if youre a bad ass like me

Jon
04-04-07, 12:41 PM
I cannot stand people that drive under teh speed limit for no apparent reason. Especially here in Toronto, you got people driving teh speed limit in the left lane. They're the only one there, with tons of room in front. They won't move. Everyone in the middle and right lane are going maybe 10 over, but these jackasses sit in the left lane and do the speed limit.

I have seriously thought about buying some bright ass strobe lights and mounting them on my dash.

Spyder
04-04-07, 12:45 PM
Change that age to 21, so we're not contributing to minors!!! :D

CadillacGurl
04-04-07, 05:23 PM
Haha I have a hyundai and believe me I get pist off with slow people infront of me... I've crossed the double yellow line a couple of times... I can only take it so long until I lose my patience... when I'm in the ETC oh I'll be a little bitch and blast the subs and just floor it to hear the exhaust.

I've done stupid stuff where a guy wants to pass me and I'll push it to the floor to tick him off. I've had some close calls and I've learned some of the lesson. I just hope I don't screw up the ETC or Jay will have my head on a silver platter with an apple stuffed in my mouth...

Lord Cadillac
04-04-07, 06:27 PM
It sounds like you were driving being somebody stupid. I can't stand that either. I wish there was a nice way to just MOVE people out of the way instead of having to get angry...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-04-07, 08:24 PM
I can top that for stupidity....

Back in the 12th grade, I took an auto shop class at a different high school in the district, there were about 35-40 hot blodded, aggressive male 17-18 year old drivers in that class, so the drives to and from that school were always fun. Anyways, this one day, back in February of '05 we were all on our way home, and we were all on this two lane road doing 45 in a 55, someone was in front doing 10 under, so we were all gettin' kinda antsy and wantin' to show off our metal.

There was a classmate directly in front of me in his '02 A4 1.8T, he gets fed up and passes like 4-5 cars to do get to the front of the line. I figure "Hey, he's only got the 1.8T and auto tranny...if he can do it, I can too!" So I go to pass, get in the opposing lane and floor it, well the 4.9 couldn't accelerate from a 45 mph roll (it's the 4.9's dead zone) like the LT1 Roadmaster I had before could, so it was gonna take longer than I expected, and at this point, I see theres a Jeep Cherokee comin' round the bend about 1/4 of a mile in front of me, so I look over to see if I can cut back in...nope. So I cut to the far shoulder, keep the pedal to the floor, pray that there aren't any cars coming out of the driveways on that side or ice (it's January in MN mind you), so finally that Cherokee passes me by feet, and I get in front of the line, cut back in, and I'm doing like 75-80, slow down and thank god I didn't get in an accident or killed! I got so much shit when I got back to my home school, but I gotta admit, what a thrill!

Jonas McFeely
04-05-07, 11:00 AM
It sounds like you were driving being somebody stupid. I can't stand that either. I wish there was a nice way to just MOVE people out of the way instead of having to get angry...

I swear if i was rich,like filthy rich and could just buy my way out of anything,i would weld one of those cow pushers from the old steam engines to the front of some beater and just go at it.People going 10 under in the left lane and people on their cell phones would be the first to get it...

blunted
04-05-07, 03:24 PM
Over here in the city you got a-holes driving everywhere you look and the cabs are the worst of the worst. They will literally floor it to cut u off and then slam on the brakes to get a fare, all the while almost causing a multiple car accident. The only good thing that has come of it, is that its developed my reflexes to another level. Another thing they love doing is stopping in the middle of a side street to let a fare out instead of pulling over to the side. This is why I'm investing in a cop loudspeaker.. a little "WOOP WOOOP" blasting in their ear will get their ass moving. :stirpot:

FYI.. I hear its not impersonation as long as you dont have flashing lights or try to pull someone over.

Oh yea and if it makes you feel better I've had a retard moment before. ex : Taking a exit which is almost 90 degree turn doing 50mph.. skidding on sand when trying to brake which started sliding me straight into the exit sign and thanks to a miracle and quick thinking I was able to skid the car to the right which sent me rear flying out which I was able to tuck back in and got it straight. I missed totaling the car by no more than a foot IF that.. I almost shyt my pants that night.. lesson learned!!