: Trip complete, 6,100 miles

rlyons
04-03-07, 10:50 PM
Just returned today from my trip with my new to me 93 FWB.:) Logged 6,100 miles round trip from Florida to Oregon and back. Drove straight through both ways, not one problem with the car and averaged 23 mpg both ways at 70 to 80 mph with the trunk packed full and three passengers. I mean not one hickup or wimper out of the caddy at all. I was so pleased with this car, the ride was outstanding and it handled very well even in the mountians. I went from Florida to Dallas Texas, then through northern New Mexico and Arizona into California and then up I-5 to Oregon. On the return trip we traveled down through Reno and Las Vegas Nevada to Arizona, (no more of that golden fuel bills in California for me),:rant2: and then returned the same route to Florida. I can now highly recommend the FWB to anyone for a road trip car in style and comfort.:thumbsup: Now to get all the bugs and dirt off the front end is the next task.:want:

caddycruiser
04-03-07, 11:12 PM
WoW! That is one heck of a trip, and the fact that you had the perfect missile to do it in is just icing on the cake.

Now just to cleaning 6k--holy crap--worth of filth off, and also changing the oil (maybe) and such. What a great testament AND test drive to any car:thumbsup:

Now I have to ask--in all that driving, especially having just bought the car, is there anything or what stands out or did you notice as things you'd like to improve or just dislike, partially or really?

ShadowLvr400
04-04-07, 12:53 AM
93, that's not an LT1 is it?

rlyons
04-04-07, 10:36 AM
WoW! That is one heck of a trip, and the fact that you had the perfect missile to do it in is just icing on the cake.

Now just to cleaning 6k--holy crap--worth of filth off, and also changing the oil (maybe) and such. What a great testament AND test drive to any car:thumbsup:

Now I have to ask--in all that driving, especially having just bought the car, is there anything or what stands out or did you notice as things you'd like to improve or just dislike, partially or really?
Well yes there were a few things that I did not like. One change I am going to make is the tires. I am going back to Michelin tires, it has Toyos on it and I did not like the ride or road feel of them. I also want to stiffen up the rear end some to prevent side sway. It was bad on the twisty mountian roads. I also am going to go to the ceramic front brake pads that I put on my other Deville, the ones on the Fleetwood got hot easy and lacked a little stopping power. Other than that it was perfect. The engine never lacked power and ran great. The tranny shifted just as it should and the cruise control was dead on all the time. The climate control was great and we were comfortable all the time, the heated seats were nice while up there in the snow also. Now if my old body worked as well I wouldn't have had to stop so often to find my legs when they went numb. Yes I will change the oil again, I did it while in Oregon but now it is due again and also the tranny and rear end oil as I didn't have time to do it before I left. I also have to change out my right headlight as a truck through a rock through it.:rant2:

rlyons
04-04-07, 10:37 AM
93, that's not an LT1 is it?
No it is not, it is the old tried and true 350.

Motorboat
04-04-07, 06:15 PM
Excellent report, thank you.

Old Fleetwood
04-05-07, 08:51 PM
You might - however - want to have a look at the post on the differential stuff on the board.
I've got an appointment to get the proper gasket for my 1995 FWB and have it changed out next week even though I only have 95,000 miles.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-05-07, 09:54 PM
Nothing better than a FWB to take a 6100 mile trip in!

Eldo1953
04-05-07, 11:06 PM
How many miles on the 93 FWB?

rlyons
04-06-07, 01:14 PM
How many miles on the 93 FWB?
67,200 now.

rlyons
04-06-07, 01:16 PM
You might - however - want to have a look at the post on the differential stuff on the board.
I've got an appointment to get the proper gasket for my 1995 FWB and have it changed out next week even though I only have 95,000 miles.
I will, I didn't know there was a differential issue. Thanks

z06bigbird
04-06-07, 10:08 PM
Congratulations. My cars are all perfect, and I am not sure my cars would have done as well.

Ed