: Don't get even, drop an A bomb

heavymetals
04-03-07, 09:22 PM
There is this ahole who lives in my condo complex who sits on the board of directors.

So it is re election time and the guy takes credit in his campaign literature for two projects that I initiated and implemented.

I am not on the board nor am I running for a position.

I complain that it is unethical conduct, and the board looks into it but comes back with an explanation that since they never adopted a code of conduct or ethics (for the last 20 years) they aren't going to do anything, and even if they do (they are now) they can't do anything post adopting of the rules.

Ok, but I still call the guy a lying plagiarist at a board meeting and I get an email that what I am doing is not healthy, and all this negative energy is not good.

Well, turns out this guy just got finished doing a major remodel to his unit.
Installed a tank less water heater and replaced two bathtubs with two whirlpool tubs.
Turns out that he never submitted plans or took out permits for anything.

The city building inspector showed up at his door today.:eek:

OffThaHorseCEO
04-03-07, 09:34 PM
cold blooded

Spyder
04-03-07, 09:53 PM
But Funny!

Points!

Sinister Angel
04-03-07, 10:07 PM
There is this ahole who lives in my condo complex who sits on the board of directors.

So it is re election time and the guy takes credit in his campaign literature for two projects that I initiated and implemented.

I complain that it is unethical conduct, and the board looks into it but comes back with an explanation that since they never adopted a code of conduct or ethics (for the last 20 years) they aren't going to do anything, and even if they do (they are now) they can't do anything post adopting of the rules.

Ok, but I still call the guy a lying plagiarist at a board meeting and I get an email that what I am doing is not healthy, and all this negative energy is not good.

Installed a tank less water heater and replaced two bathtubs with two whirlpool tubs.

Can I be your friend? That's the kinda reason why I think HOAs are bullshit.

gary88
04-03-07, 10:07 PM
What you did is not healthy, all that negative energy can't be good :thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
04-03-07, 10:23 PM
Got Em!

codewize
04-03-07, 10:30 PM
You go. I love your way of thinking

mharker
04-03-07, 10:36 PM
Someone once told me revenge is bad for the soul. But boy does it feel good! Nice going. If you're like me you were up nights thinking about how you were gonna get even. Extra sweet you can post it here with low likelihood of anyone putting the story together.

But on the other hand... stories like that remind you that you never know who you're F-ing with so always be careful!

heavymetals
04-03-07, 10:43 PM
Thanks for reading my vent and the positive response.

I have been involved in patent disputes (I won) and I do not let anybody take credit for my work.

The guy had two chances to correct the situation.

The HOA will improve as soon as they get rid of the riff raff.

I did get them to adopt a standard code of conduct and ethics.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-03-07, 11:00 PM
I like your logic.

Florian
04-03-07, 11:08 PM
good work, Heavy. Im proud of ya.

F

heavymetals
04-03-07, 11:20 PM
Thanks. :highfive:

I guess you can tell I was pissed.:want:

FastCTS
04-04-07, 02:53 AM
Sounds good to me. :brutal:

urbanski
04-04-07, 07:36 AM
:owned:

90Brougham350
04-04-07, 11:27 AM
Well done, good sir!

heavymetals
04-04-07, 03:50 PM
Someone once told me revenge is bad for the soul. But boy does it feel good! Nice going. If you're like me you were up nights thinking about how you were gonna get even. Extra sweet you can post it here with low likelihood of anyone putting the story together.

But on the other hand... stories like that remind you that you never know who you're F-ing with so always be careful!

When I filed the complaint they asked me if I wanted to remain "anonymous" and at first I said yes.

After I thought about it, I said no, put my name on the complaint and I don't care if he does know who turned him in.

He pissed off the wrong dude.:thepan:

urbanski
04-04-07, 03:55 PM
When I filed the complaint they asked me if I wanted to remain "anonymous" and at first I said yes.

After I thought about it, I said no, put my name on the complaint and I don't care if he does know who turned him in.

He pissed off the wrong dude.:thepan:

i file city code and HOA complaints against neighbors all the time, none anonymously. i'll be damned if i'm letting my neighborhood turn to shit...and if you have a problem with me reporting you as a dirtbag, come get some

heavymetals
04-04-07, 04:03 PM
i file city code and HOA complaints against neighbors all the time, none anonymously. i'll be damned if i'm letting my neighborhood turn to shit...and if you have a problem with me reporting you as a dirtbag, come get some

This ahole thought that since he is on the board of directors he is exempt from following the rules.

I hope he pisses off the building inspector :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
04-04-07, 06:30 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahaha! That's great!! Every dog has his day. Right?!

DILLIGAF
04-04-07, 09:34 PM
A Heavy, flaming bag of dog shit would have really iced your neighbors cake.

nickc50310
04-05-07, 10:03 AM
HAHA Nice work!

Way to drop a dime on they ass!! LOL!!!

Murphyg
04-06-07, 04:38 PM
Don't get even, drop an A bomb

Oh YA !!!!
"Neighborhood Nuclear Supperiority" LOL

heavymetals
06-17-07, 02:22 PM
update.

This may get interesting.

I perused the CC&R's and found something in my deed of trust.

There is a clause about creating a "nuisance" which is clearly spelled out as a no no.

Since one neighbor has already complained about the vibration and noise generated by this idiots spa, I am going to present at the board meeting that the spa should be removed as it violates the "nuisance" provision of the deed of trust.

We shall see.......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-17-07, 02:26 PM
Good plan, but I dunno if many people would think that the vibrations coming from a whirlpool would be a nuisance. Good luck though!

heavymetals
06-17-07, 02:57 PM
Good plan, but I dunno if many people would think that the vibrations coming from a whirlpool would be a nuisance. Good luck though!

These are townhouses with common walls.

This idiot sunk a three hp motor in the subfloor (which is connected to the neighbors).

One neighbor already complained and the HOA has negotiated that the idiot won't run the spa after 11:00pm.

I think the nuisance box got checked.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-17-07, 02:59 PM
I stand corrected.

nikon
06-17-07, 03:42 PM
lol....keep us updated, I wanna hear more :D

dkozloski
06-17-07, 05:30 PM
The trouble with living in a condo is that it's kind of self defeating to burn him out.

Rolex
06-17-07, 05:53 PM
Sounds like that guy pissed off the wrong person. Nice work Heavy :thumbsup: Remind me to stay off your bad side. ;)

heavymetals
06-17-07, 05:56 PM
His unit isn't connected to mine.:rolleyes:

He is very lucky I am not his neighbor :want:

His wife has mentioned to someone in the complex they are afraid of me.

I told the person who told me that that they should go ahead and try to get a restraining order.
A better idea would just don't piss me off.:thepan:

The guy is so paranoid he has his unit ringed with cameras.

Jerkwad.

heavymetals
06-17-07, 05:58 PM
I am thinking of sending this to his neighbors:

To: Owner of units #487 and #489

I am a ten year owner/resident/ of SUMMERWIND.

I believe your rights as a homeowner have been violated by the actions of the Summerwind HOA.

Specifically, your neighbor in #488 has installed a spa that was in violation of Torrance building codes until I reported the installation to the city.

Because of the noise and vibration, use of the spa constitutes a “nuisance” and I believe is in violation of the terms of the deed of trust.

I submit that the HOA had no right to negotiate a limited use of the spa over your rights to peace and tranquility.

RightTurn
06-17-07, 06:25 PM
The trouble with living in a condo is that it's kind of self defeating to burn him out.

:koz:

:lol:

Heavy--is that Torrance CA?

heavymetals
06-17-07, 06:26 PM
yeah good old Torrance

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-17-07, 11:45 PM

Hahaha! Nice!

FL01SS
06-18-07, 01:14 AM
Brilliant!

heavymetals
06-18-07, 02:35 AM
I have been rethinking this and what I am going to do is complain that the HOA is setting a bad precedent by allowing the use of the spa (limited as it is).
They have "nuisance" rules and I am concerned that a similar situation may occur with my neighbors.
I don't want a neighbor to be able to use this as a reason why they should be allowed to do the same thing.
I am not making myself popular with certain people.

Oh well.........

Seems like I am the only one paying attention to what is going on and they don't like the scrutiny.

Kev
06-18-07, 05:22 PM
The spa should not cause any vibrations to the structure. The fact that it does is one of the reasons that cities and counties implement and enforce building codes. These are intended as minimum standards to ensure public safety and consumer satisfaction.

It is obvious to me that the spa pump/s were not installed with proper vibration isolation. No doubt the owner and contractor were too cheap to do it right.

You know what they say, there's never enough time or money to do it right the first time but always enough to re-do it!

As far as HOA and neighbor relations go ..... well .... be mindful there, you reap what you sow .........

I'm just sayin' ....

:thumbsup:

heavymetals
06-18-07, 07:26 PM
When you go into the subfloor and install a three hp motor you are going to create noise.

The complex already has three spas and three pools for owners to use.

Kev
06-18-07, 07:39 PM
It's poor planning/execution and trying to stuff too much into a confined space. I see it all the time in my career. If the pump vibrates it needs to be properly isolated and that's not difficult for one who knows what they are doing. It also needs to be in a space that is accessible for service but that was probably ignored as well.

Those things would have been addressed by a competent and honest building inspector and the owner would have been forced into compliance. He would have to submit proper plans for approval, pay fines on top of the regular fees and would have had to open up the project for inspection even if it means tearing everything out to do it.

Of course, if he has the means and the inspectors are open to graft, he could simply pay them off and go on with his illegal remodel. It happens often.

heavymetals
06-18-07, 07:51 PM
My take is that he should never have been allowed to do it in the first place.

He didn't make a proposal to the HOA or seek any permission.

Just went ahead and did it.

I am going to the HOA meeting with this:

The terms of the deed of trust in regards to nuisance state:

"Trustor shall not cause, conduct, or permit any nuisance"

The board errored in granting a restricted use (a neighbor complained) in that the spa will not be used after 11:00pm.

They (the HOA) cannot (in my opinion) negotiate a nuisance. they are clearly not permitted.

I have to make it sound like I don't have it in for the guy (that is just icing on the cake) I am more concerned that a neighbor of mine may think that is is ok now for him to do the same thing.

90Brougham350
06-19-07, 01:26 AM
One man's floor is another man's ceiling,
Way down in my soul I've got this terrible feelin',
I've got the apartment blues!
Oh all night and day, I got the blues.
Well I try to sleep at night, and they're dancing in high-heel shoes,
They're playin' that rock 'n roll music when I wanna sit down and read the news,
I've got the apartment blues.

Well I can't take this ruckus no more,
My next door neighbor is a whore.
The headboard bangin' and hitting the wall, still at a quarter to four,
Every morning I hear a new man, and I just don't think I can stand
the apartment blues.

The jerk next to me's got a hottub,
And it's really starting to rub,
me the wrong way.
Well it vibrates day and night; the foundation shakes ever-so-slight,
To cause a nuissance, and I can't take it no more!

Well one o' these days I'm a up and leave,
after I kill my neighbor Steve, and his untrained hound.
Well the dog barks night and day, cause ol' Steve don't let him out to play.

My landlord sure-as-hell ain't no gent,
He still makes me pay full rent,
but my plumbing is backed up again.
And the dear Lord only knows when, when I'll be able to flush again, cause

This place gon' be my tomb.
I'm a die right here in my room,
And nobody gon' notice or even care.
Cause the neighbor is still gonna be screwing,
and the hottub is gonna drive the foundation into ruin,
cause I've got the apartment blues!

Yup, they gonna be dancin' on my grave.

heavymetals
06-19-07, 02:21 AM
HA HA HA

I am looking at geodesic domes.

Jonas McFeely
06-19-07, 01:46 PM
Roger: We should mention that although the waters above appear calm, below the surface there is a frenzy of activity. Hands groping, fingers fluttering, thighs twitching in the anticipation of love-making that will take place in this ha-tub in less than 12 minutes.

Barbara: David, don't be alarmed by the professors Clarvin. I remember myself when I first met Roger and Virginia at the University. We had taken a camping trip to the Grand Canyon.

Barbara: After a supper of jack rabbit honches, we laid out beneath the stars.

Roger: Somewhere in the distance, we heard the pounding of native drums. Was it in our minds? We don't know.

Barbara: That night, the great eagle spirit himself appeared at our tent and beckoned us to make love. We submitted to his ravenous desires, as the three of us became one with the great eagle spirit.

Virginia: Turns out the great eagle spirit was actually a fugitive trucker by the name of Rich Crenshaw.

heavymetals
06-20-07, 01:14 AM
Update:
Had the HOA meeting.
They have to check with the lawyer.

I think I am on pretty solid ground with this one.

I also got a load of sh*t off my chest.

They don't get it.

I went through a meat grinder divorce.:mad:

I am pretty much immune to anything thrown at me now.:alchi:

heavymetals
12-06-07, 02:44 PM
Here is an update.

So I quit doing any volunteer work for my condo association and I keep busy working on anything else.

The idiot has elevated himself to being "in charge" of the parking committee (one reason why I quit).

Now he parks his two (of three) cars outside with no permits and no one does crap about it.

Evidently he had a car cover stolen off his car and now he is going around to my neighbors accusing me of the dastardly deed.:crying:

One neighbor told me he wanted to beat the guys ass just for being a knucklehead.

Looks like the idiot is gonna blame me for every bad thing that happens to him from now until dooms day. :halo:

I think it is funny. :D

malcolm
12-06-07, 03:11 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Wait a while and hit him again. Dickweeds like him are sure to step out of bounds again and then his ass is grass and you'll be the lawn mower.

Spyder
12-06-07, 03:23 PM
Malcolm...what do you want to do to his ass?

heavymetals
12-06-07, 03:34 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Wait a while and hit him again. Dickweeds like him are sure to step out of bounds again and then his ass is grass and you'll be the lawn mower.

He has already been beaten on by someone he pissed off.

AMGoff
12-06-07, 03:40 PM
Here is an update.

So I quit doing any volunteer work for my condo association and I keep busy working on anything else.

The idiot has elevated himself to being "in charge" of the parking committee (one reason why I quit).

Now he parks his two (of three) cars outside with no permits and no one does crap about it.

Evidently he had a car cover stolen off his car and now he is going around to my neighbors accusing me of the dastardly deed.:crying:

One neighbor told me he wanted to beat the guys ass just for being a knucklehead.

Looks like the idiot is gonna blame me for every bad thing that happens to him from now until dooms day. :halo:

I think it is funny. :D

You need to either run against him or prop up someone as your puppet to run against him. From the sounds of things, it seems like there would be more than enough support to oust the douche-bag!

Needless to say - more power to you! I don't know how you do it... many moons ago, we lived in a townhouse development for about two years after we got married... I was the guy everybody hated. I'm not much of "rules and regulations" guy to begin with and I found it absurd that others could tell me what I could and could not do with my own property. They had some of the most ridiculous rules and would then try to fine anyone who broke them... f-that crap. We moved as soon as we could... and even going on 11 years later, we still get a statement in the mail every so often saying we owe them 200-some dollars in fines to which I send them back an invoice for about $2000 saying they vastly overcharged us for cutting our little patch of grass and shoveling our little walk.

malcolm
12-06-07, 03:50 PM
Malcolm...what do you want to do to his ass?

Maybe it's a regional thing. Around here we used to say "your ass is grass and I'll be the the lawn mower". Means I'll be administering the beat down.

capeesh?

dkozloski
12-06-07, 04:59 PM
If you want to live in a rabbit warren you can't expect independence. Independnce is living on 10 acres of land surrounded by a razor wire topped cyclone fence and you have a key to the gate. A condo can serve as a place to send your mail while you travel hither and yon. Beyond that it is a guaranteed PIA.

heavymetals
12-06-07, 06:39 PM
A friend of mine bought a place in Paso Robles and invited me up to target practice as he can shoot in his backyard.

Next place I get will have either an outdoor or indoor range.