: Voice Commands

VelocitySTSV
04-03-07, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know where to find a list of all of the voice commands? The only one I have found is "Windows Down" and that is all but useless except to show off to my friends. I can't seem to find a complete list in any of the manuals.

ssstealth
04-04-07, 08:12 PM
When in park, you can enter the help screen and it lists the commands.
Just say "HELP" to the voice button... you can even preceed it with "Navigation Help", "Heater Help", etc.

Also look at page 4-5 in your Navigation manual, you will find tons of commands.

dhemrick
04-04-07, 08:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone found any commands that are NOT documented in the manual?

There was a thread a while back (which I can't seem to locate again) regarding an alternate to the "windows down" command... something like "windows all down". This is the only command that I cannot get to work.

The rest of the commands work pretty well for me, even with seasonal allergies and my slight Southern drawl. :-)

pabstcadillac
04-04-07, 08:22 PM
The rest of the commands work pretty well for me, even with seasonal allergies and my slight Southern drawl. :-)

Try speaking Canadian, eh. It's tough to get any of them to work, eh. Man I wish them hosers at Cadillac would speak English. You know what I'm talking aboot, eh? :alchi:

z06bigbird
04-04-07, 08:33 PM
I simply complained to my service writer. Now, whenever I approach the service lane, my car tells me: "Spend money."

Ed

dhemrick
04-04-07, 08:59 PM
Eh... I tried speaking Canadian, eh, but my car just told me to take off, hoser. Then it made me spill my Labatt on my flannel shirt (just kidding).

That brings up a related subject. A couple of guys at work were out checking out my car and I was showing them how the voice navigation can be in different voices (American Male, American Female, UK English, Spanish, etc.)

The Spanish setting understood me perfectly in Spanish, but when I set it to UK English, it would NOT understand my American accent at all. However, if I spoke with my best fake British accent (a la Monty Python), it understood me completely. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but to me it shows that someone was thinking about English variants.

pabstcadillac
04-04-07, 09:03 PM
Eh... I tried speaking Canadian, eh, but my car just told me to take off, hoser. Then it made me spill my Labatt on my flannel shirt (just kidding).

That brings up a related subject. A couple of guys at work were out checking out my car and I was showing them how the voice navigation can be in different voices (American Male, American Female, UK English, Spanish, etc.)

The Spanish setting understood me perfectly in Spanish, but when I set it to UK English, it would NOT understand my American accent at all. However, if I spoke with my best fake British accent (a la Monty Python), it understood me completely. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but to me it shows that someone was thinking about English variants.

Yeah I have trouble with my voice commands coming from Minnesota, that's what made me think of our friends to the north. Good call on the Labatt's, but I'm more of a Kokanee guy when north of the border hitting on those arctic foxes. :alchi:

01devillew/05 nav
07-12-07, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know where to find a list of all of the voice commands? The only one I have found is "Windows Down" and that is all but useless except to show off to my friends. I can't seem to find a complete list in any of the manuals.
http://www.advantageautomotive.com/Cadillac%20Navigation%Radio%20Instructions.htm it says you have to have it tech tooled for the feature i think let me know if you can't get to this i have a print out and i'll have to key it in manually (that'll suck)lol

Davidstan
07-12-07, 08:50 AM
http://www.advantageautomotive.com/Cadillac%20Navigation%Radio%20Instructions.htm it says you have to have it tech tooled for the feature i think let me know if you can't get to this i have a print out and i'll have to key it in manually (that'll suck)lol

cant open link for some reason.