: Sad 07' escalade owner

TOM K
04-03-07, 11:43 AM
I guess more dissapointed than sad. After enjoying my 02' and 04' sclades when I saw the new ones I ordered one the first day you could! Had it now for 1 year now I can't wait to get rid of it! It has no power to pull the 3.42 gears and the 22's can't pull 2500lbs. It gets 6 mpg and usually runs in 4th,403 hp should pull the hitch off . The wind noise is bad, seats are very hard and uncomfortable,the whole interior is just cheap, the centre console broke the second day and has anyone else noticed you can't read the climate control bar on a bright day!! No gps clock , no dual tripmeters, there is no difference between the dim and bright lights except that everyone flashs you on dim even after lowering them. The 3rd seats are just there for looks a small child can't even ride back there. I took them out the first day and put them in the closet, also the engine compartment is always caked with grime I suppose without the fan there is no air pressure to keep out the mud, my 04 stayed nice and clean. Caddy needs to address some of these problems, but they did offer me a free oil change!!! The dealer has tryed to fix it but when there is no fix due to bad design it is not his fault! p.s. BUT IT SURE LOOKS NICE

surburban99
04-03-07, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all the information. I bought a 2003 ESV, upgraded to another ESV in 2005. I love the exterior styling of the 2007, but I am not that impressed with the interior. I agree with you on the quality of materials. On my test drives, I noticed a big difference in the comfort of the old style vs. new style seats. I missed the fold down arm rests on the front seats, and the center console rocked with my arm on it. And, I am not that crazy with the new wheel design. The 22's are too much bling for me, and the 18's look too small on the vehicle.

I maybe waiting to see what happens with the 2008. What color did you get?

Sta11ion
04-03-07, 12:34 PM
You can always go to lincoln , I ended up getting a mark lt 2007 and I have to admit it drives very nice also it doesnt have that thug look like the new 2007 escalades do its more classy in my eyes...but to each there own. I was impressed hauling around my trailer with my bobcats on and was astonished how it drove. As for the interior excellent the leather on it and finish is very nice not one single crack or noise from anywhere.

TOM K
04-03-07, 01:22 PM
Diamond White, I am waiting to see if anything changes for 08 , if not I would definately not buy another one,so far I am chaulking this one up to a 60 thousand dollar mistake, I might have to listen to the Lincoln guy. But you know I looked at the Merecedes 450 SUV and when I was sitting in it with the salesman he was sitting in the passenger side when he tryed to get out the door handle broke off and I had to go around and let him out! So is any of them any better?

Synergetic
04-03-07, 01:28 PM
Interesting. Anybody else having problems? ...with the power side of things?

TOM K
04-03-07, 01:34 PM
I think if you could put 3.73's in it, it would pull but that is not an option, on the Yukon's etc. there are 3 choices. this thing is only what I would call a "grocery getter"

Playdrv4me
04-03-07, 02:10 PM
If you think the Escalade is bad, the GL450 is absolute trash.

Even with its problems, short of the Range Rover Supercharged, nothing can come close to the Escalade on looks/performance/luxury for the money. Especially when you consider the insane dealer discounts on Domestic cars.

Im sorry but a Mark LT is nothing but an F150 with makeup. I dont consider the Mark LT in the same class as the Escalade at all, the Navigator? Maybe, but not the LT. In fact, a King Ranch F150/250 seems to be more cushy and luxurious than a Mark LT. Its just another Blackwood without the wood.

I agree that the quality of materials in the 07 Escalade has gone down, but the OVERALL package is still more luxurious and theres alot of features you can't get in 02-06 that are now available in the 07. And like I said, Mercedes' new GL is even worse compared to its predecessor.

Some of your concerns probably are not easily addressable, but if your willing to wait for the 08, Id say alot of them might be resolved. There probably isnt anything else out there that would easily satisfy you right now otherwise.

parexa
04-03-07, 02:35 PM
But you know I looked at the Merecedes 450 SUV and when I was sitting in it with the salesman he was sitting in the passenger side when he tryed to get out the door handle broke off and I had to go around and let him out! So is any of them any better?

lmao :lol:

tmclaug1
04-03-07, 02:50 PM
The new BMW X5 is not much better. Problems, problems, problems ...

sj1400
04-03-07, 02:54 PM
I turned in my 04F150 Lariat in NOV and picked up the 07 ESV in Dec. On the way to pick up the ESV I stopped at my old Lincoln dealer. Took the Navigator out for a 1hr drive. I'm glad I picked up the Caddy. THis comes down to personal opinion. The only benefit I see with Lincoln comes from the use of regular unleaded & the console mounted gear shifter. I also detected wind noise but it was not as bad as the Escalade.

In terms of performance - game over - Caddy definetly has the edge.
Ford really dropped the ball with the hp deficit and increased weight.
I actually like the look of the extended Expedition better then the Navigstor.

Hopefully GM will address the wind noise,flimsy armrest, and install bluetooth.

hcvone
04-03-07, 03:06 PM
Well I don't know about no power, I pulled a 26 ft 6800 lb snowmobile trailer back and forth from PA to Quebec, got over 12 mpg and spent most of the time going 65-75 mph, it pulled it much better than my 03' Escalade, but I do agree about the seats not being very good compared to the 02' - 06' Escalade's which had the best seats of any car I have owned. Try adjusting the headlights, I do a ton of night driving long distances and the 07's lights are better than any on my BMW's or Benz's, but they did not come adjusted correctly from the factory. My 3rd row seats come out as soon as I get home from the dealership, wish you could delete them. Of course my second 07' exploded in my garage after 30 days of ownership, but I will say that I have never been treated better from any car company, Cadillac really did good for me in replacing mine. I don't have much of a wind noise issue, but been in several that it has been really bad.

delliot
04-03-07, 03:58 PM
Love my 04... but the 07's sure look nice! As far as the navigator goes...
It's the Number one SUV!
for problems! according to JD Powers

hcvone
04-03-07, 04:03 PM
Love my 04... but the 07's sure look nice! As far as the navigator goes...
It's the Number one SUV!
for problems! according to JD Powers

My neighbor is a big Ford dealer, he has at least 7 dealerships, I have driven several 07' Navigator's, well lets say I beat the hell out of several Navagator's, like the truck, but it's way under powered, doesn't handle great, but it rides nice.

zx6racer
04-03-07, 07:22 PM
My Nav radio has a clock. Maybe because mine was made at the end of oct. and it was a software upgrade ??? I had no clock on my 03 EXT. Only when the radio was off. Than there was an update at the dealer and it was on after that.

zx6racer
04-03-07, 07:23 PM
I like the power of my 07 ESV a lot more than my 03 EXT. They both have the same mods.

LLT
04-03-07, 11:45 PM
Firstly, I have close ties to GM and a long, long family history so it's rather painful to type, but I'm pretty disappointed with the 07's. It goes a bit beyond first year model issues - the quality of the components are not what they used to/should be.

My first 07 ESV: The window fell out (completely fell out) on the first night. The navigation unit failed, the hvac failed, the liftgate broke, the shift-selector module failed causing "R" and "N" to be "R" and "D" and "M" to be manual mode, excessive wind noise, all sorts of little electrical failures, countless number of software calibrations applied and a total of nearly two of three months of ownership spent in the shop.

I'll echo hcvone in that Cadillac was fantastic to deal with. They, without question, ordered a new ESV, kept me informed every step of the way and were awesome to deal with (I never mentioned my ties to them, so I was just a normal customer.)

I received my newly built replacement unit and while much better than the first, it too has excessive wind noise, fluttering/shaking mirror (which was already replaced once), the paint is bubbling on the corner of the liftgate, there's sections of the liftgate and door jams that haven't even been painted or painted very lightly! Cheap plastic everywhere. As mentioned in another topic, I drove 6 others ranging from early to recent build dates and all exhibited similar characteristics - things didn't line up properly, wind noise, etc. It's a disgrace to me - very depressing.

I'll be honest in saying I'm more picky than most and it only gets worse the older I get, but I have an Expedition, a Lincoln several GM cars of course and a 2007 Toyota Camry. All are leaps and bounds above the caddy (at least the ones I've owned and/or seen and driven) on the perfection scale.

As much as I feel like I'm betraying my heritage, the ESV is going down the road and I'm not looking back until GM gets its Cadillac division in order and figures out who they're targeting. It's clearly not me anymore. I want more out of a vehicle, especially with a $70k price tag.

I drove the new Navigator. I wouldn't say that's a clear winner either, but it was, without question, 10x more refined and quieter than the poor ol' Slade. Power? It's a dog with a limp. I don't much care about that anymore. I've owned Corvettes, Chevelles, etc. my "out to prove something" days are over - I just want comfort, luxury and refinement.

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles as well. Best of luck!

Kickboxer
04-04-07, 03:24 AM
My problems have been a little long.

Water in the right headlight
3rd row seat wouldn't come out
rear hatch piston leaked (left side)
wind noise
drivers power seat function for front up stopped working

I fixed the wind noise mostly on my own. Headlight and 3rd row seat was warranty, still need to take it in for the drivers seat and rear hatch.

Kickboxer
04-04-07, 03:26 AM
PS- Tows my 7500lb boat to Havasue with little issue. Sure not a diesel but it's fine for limited use.

hapaschold
04-04-07, 04:23 AM
after looking at a esv several times, and denali, fit/finish issues etc... i m back in another navigator for now. found a smokin deal on a left over 06, its my 4th navi now. the 07 navi s didnt do much for me either, interiors too cheap looking.

TOM K
04-04-07, 09:17 AM
Oh I forgot to mention if you are not careful the hood will cave in when you shut it! I had this dent in the front of the hood last June ,I thought it was because of the hail storm it was in , the dentman took a couple other ones out, I never thought more about it till I closed the hood with a couple of people watching and it caved in again, like you say 70k and it's made out of beer cans!!!

TOM K
04-04-07, 09:23 AM
as for the clock, my 04' had gps time it would change automatically when you crossed time zones etc. 07' is the $2.00 clock you have to change by hand. The pulling, 92 gallons to go 512 miles pulling 2 snowmobiles in a small enclosed trailer,about 2800lbs.

hcvone
04-04-07, 09:36 AM
My last trip from Huntingdon Valley Pa (home) to Old Forge NY (other home) and back is 654 miles (327 each way) 62 gallons (it uphill going and down hill coming home) pulling trailer up but not back. I have used more driving thru snow, this time the roads were clear.

hcvone
04-04-07, 09:37 AM
as for the clock, my 04' had gps time it would change automatically when you crossed time zones etc. 07' is the $2.00 clock you have to change by hand. The pulling, 92 gallons to go 512 miles pulling 2 snowmobiles in a small enclosed trailer,about 2800lbs.

What grade fuel do you run?

Dif
04-04-07, 09:40 AM
LLT, I'd say you summed it up pretty good ..... Especially being so close to it all.
I've been a die hard GM person all my life but it's getting harder all the time.
I liked my 04 EXT,.. had an Avalanche before that and now the 07 EXT.
The Avalanche and EXT is what I need/like in a vehicle and there isn't anything like it from any other manufacturer.
So far , knock on wood, I have no problems with my 07 and if it wasn't for the wind noise I would not have a bad thing to say aside from the smaller issues, like why they made the seats the way they did etc.
I'm as picky as you and I'd go on but, you already said it all.

I would have kept my 04 with it's 1960 technology if they hadn't upgraded the 07 drive train, steering (rack/pinion) especially, suspension and other things to bring the new vehicles up to date with what other manufacturers have had for years now.
I like the new styling but that was the least of my reasons for wanting the 07.
Just my opinion, and maybe not in all categories, but I think even though the Escalade line is very far from perfect it's still 90% unmatched by other auto makers.

A bit off topic but, I was shocked when I drove a New DTS rental from my dealer to see how bad the Cadillac cars have gotten, and all the GM cars.
The SUV line is like night and day in comparison to the cars.
I would buy a Chrysler 300 before I ever got one of the new Cadillac cars and I've never liked Chrysler.

It's too bad but I think GM has fallen prey, ...like many other Corporate US business to the ,..
make the Boss happy syndrome.
They don't have anyone in the trenches on the front line knowing what people really want or should really be done to make a quality product.
To many charts and graphs and smoke and mirrors.

The plane is falling from the sky because it's too heavy to fly, but their logic is throw out the engine to make it lighter :thepan:

hcvone
04-04-07, 10:12 AM
I agree the quality could be MUCH better, but I own several high end cars and I can say that about all of them. I do not keep cars/trucks more than a year or two, so I hope for many improvements, but don't really have many choices, I own an 06' Range Rover and that's no better, and really don't want to drive a Ford product. :)

DWCamaro69
04-04-07, 12:25 PM
I don't get the power when pulling complaint? I just went 1,000 miles with a tandem axle car trailer w/ a heavy old big block muscle car (aprox. 5,500 lbs total), over 2 mountain ranges. I couldn't have been more impressed! I walked away from every diesel pickup pulling tandem trailers on the hills, no grade could keep me from going 75 with about 1/4 throttle and I got 10.5 mpg for the trip. Something is very wrong if you got half my mpg with half the load. I agree there are alot of problems with these '07's but power and towing isn't one of them.

hcvone
04-04-07, 01:33 PM
I don't get the power when pulling complaint? I just went 1,000 miles with a tandem axle car trailer w/ a heavy old big block muscle car (aprox. 5,500 lbs total), over 2 mountain ranges. I couldn't have been more impressed! I walked away from every diesel pickup pulling tandem trailers on the hills, no grade could keep me from going 75 with about 1/4 throttle and I got 10.5 mpg for the trip. Something is very wrong if you got half my mpg with half the load. I agree there are alot of problems with these '07's but power and towing isn't one of them.

Welcome to the Forum. :)

TOM K
04-04-07, 01:34 PM
premium all the time I tryed racegas for a tank 110 didn't do a thing! I think Carl V. is right there is something wrong but I have had it in twice and still the same they kept it for 9 days the last time??????????????

LLT
04-04-07, 03:39 PM
I don't want to turn this into a union debate, but the problem with cars is really the labor force - both from a quality of assembly standpoint and quality of components. When you have guys sweeping the parking lot pulling in $65k/yr. not including health care (GM's biggest cost) something has to give. It's not going to be the vocal union, so it's the quality of the vehicles. Period.

My first ESV had no retaining clips in the window frame (it's not that they broke - it's that they were never there!) That's not a defect - that's a lazy union worker making far too much money to do far too little. My new ESV is missing paint in some areas - we're talking bare metal! That's not a "bug" - it's sheer laziness and lack of pride. Moving past that, the automakers still have to pay those brightest of the bright folks a significant wage. As sales slip, profits follow as does cash flow, naturally. To compensate, they tell Acme Supplier "do it cheaper" and thus, the beer-can thin body panels, plastic and Styrofoam make it to light. Then, rather than limit production based on demand, they churn out cars like candy to appease the labor force, end up with far too many cars they can't sell and in turn roll out insane incentives that drives the used car market into the crapper, further burying customers in their cars to the point they can't get out of them to buy new cars (seems like a great plan, eh?) To their credit, they insist they won't be doing the latter anymore.

It's a shame. I expect a normal amount of issues with cars, but lack of attention to detail and glaring omissions (such as window clips :D) are inexcusable and something you don't often find with *gasp* foreign brands (it really does pain me to say that!) Much of it comes down to pride. Those building cars here in the states have little to none. :(

G-lade
04-04-07, 07:42 PM
hi everyone i have an 05 lade was thinking about buying the 07 lade. is anyone happy with the truck or should i just wait on buying a new one?

Synergetic
04-04-07, 08:18 PM
hi everyone i have an 05 lade was thinking about buying the 07 lade. is anyone happy with the truck or should i just wait on buying a new one?

:yeah:

Playdrv4me
04-05-07, 12:14 AM
Get an 08, most of the major problems should be addressed. Not to say you wont have problems, but most of the major issues (mostly software problems by the way) should be worked out by then.

Dif
04-05-07, 12:49 AM
I traded up from an 04 and I'm happy with my 07 except for the wind noise.
It's turned into one of those things just have to live with.
I think the 07 are way ahead of the older models but you need to drive one .. quite a few times to see for yourself.
I wouldn't be scared off by all the posts complaining about the 07's.
It's just the normal things that happen with a new model year and by no means are the 07's bad.
I wouldn't want to have to go back to my 04 if that answers your question.
In your position though you have a choice of trying to find an 07 you like or wait for the 08's and see if things are improved when it comes to the bugs being worked out.
I have 2,000 miles on my 07 and knock on wood have not had a single problem aside from the wind noise and it turns out most have that.
Even the Avalanches.
The new model years are a different Animal and well worth trading up to.
Just don't be in a rush.

swerc_1
04-05-07, 12:08 PM

Im very happy with my truck but I must say the first one I had the transmission blew up... But I also must say that the dealership took very good care of me, I had a brand new lade within 2 weeks and this is becuase I wanted a black on black, He (salesmanager) even offered me one on the sales floor the was hooked up with after market (giovanna wheels) monitors in the headrest and some more crap for the same price I paid for mine but it had tan interior. Im happy with mine I dont haul anything I just drive to work and look good in it. The nav are ugly as hell to me and the denali well, I wanted a caddy, I was in ML's most of my life Im happy

Playdrv4me
04-05-07, 01:22 PM
Im very happy with my truck but I must say the first one I had the transmission blew up... But I also must say that the dealership took very good care of me, I had a brand new lade within 2 weeks and this is becuase I wanted a black on black, He (salesmanager) even offered me one on the sales floor the was hooked up with after market (giovanna wheels) monitors in the headrest and some more crap for the same price I paid for mine but it had tan interior. Im happy with mine I dont haul anything I just drive to work and look good in it. The nav are ugly as hell to me and the denali well, I wanted a caddy, I was in ML's most of my life Im happy

Man, coming from an ML, I think *anything* would be a step up! :eek: ;)

Playdrv4me
04-05-07, 01:32 PM
I agree the quality could be MUCH better, but I own several high end cars and I can say that about all of them. I do not keep cars/trucks more than a year or two, so I hope for many improvements, but don't really have many choices, I own an 06' Range Rover and that's no better, and really don't want to drive a Ford product. :)

I think the Range Rover's quality has gone down slightly since Ford actually started tinkering with what BMW provided them originally in 2003 (the first 2003-05 LR's were entirely engineered by BMW, including the 4.4L motor), reliability issues aside. The new ones are still quite nice and feel very upscale.

However, I wouldnt throw ALL manufacturers under the bus here. There are still a few out there who pay attention to the details, Audi definitely comes to mind here. The Q7 may not be much to look at from the outside, but inside its every bit as refined as the A8.

KYBRIGGS82
09-10-07, 06:51 PM
I purchased a 2007 Cadillac Escalade for my wife after she got tired of her 2005 BMW 545i which I happened to love. Now experiencing Cadillac for the first time I can truly understand after buying an American car why there is a stampede to purchase European !! I miss the quiet ride of the BMW and I am amazed by the terrible wind noise I get from the front drivers side door. My son put his baseball bag on top of the 2nd row leather bucket seat and caused a tear in the Cadillac paper thin leather. I can assure you this would never happen in the BMW. I have attempted to get the wind noise and other items fixed but I always find myself having to come back for more "service". BMW has it right and when you leave the dealership you can rest assured your problem is FIXED AND FIXED FOR GOOD !!!
Don't walk but RUN from GM products..

TSS
09-10-07, 07:58 PM
Hey, one post wonder, your BMW dealer/employer called. They are moving you out of your cubicle on the sales floor and into a shared office with the used car manager.

Congratulations on the promotion.

becker500
09-10-07, 11:10 PM
I must be one of the lucky one's. Traded an '03 for an '07 and never looked back. 16k on it, and towed my boat over 5k of those miles with never a trip back to the dealership. No complaints except piston noise on cold mornings. Definitely one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I looked at the Range Rover (too small) and the 450 (my SL had so many problems I passed on the Merc) Glad I did.

hcvone
09-11-07, 09:16 AM
I purchased a 2007 Cadillac Escalade for my wife after she got tired of her 2005 BMW 545i which I happened to love. Now experiencing Cadillac for the first time I can truly understand after buying an American car why there is a stampede to purchase European !! I miss the quiet ride of the BMW and I am amazed by the terrible wind noise I get from the front drivers side door. My son put his baseball bag on top of the 2nd row leather bucket seat and caused a tear in the Cadillac paper thin leather. I can assure you this would never happen in the BMW. I have attempted to get the wind noise and other items fixed but I always find myself having to come back for more "service". BMW has it right and when you leave the dealership you can rest assured your problem is FIXED AND FIXED FOR GOOD !!!
Don't walk but RUN from GM products..

I have owned 4 BMW's and a few Range Rovers when BMW owned them, they all have were back to the dealers more times than my 11 Corvette's and my 3 Escalade's put together, talk about more service, my last 2 M5's were at the dealer several dozen times, never for anything major, weather stripping tore 5 or 6 times, not only causing wind noise, but rain came in. It was there so many times the owner would pick it up on his way to work and bring it back on his way home. Any car/truck can give you problems, and I have or had owned Porsche, Benz and even a 550 Ferrari, and believe it or not the service I get from my Caddy dealer is as good or better as any of the other cars I have owned.

KYBRIGGS82
09-14-07, 11:06 PM
O.k. from the "2" post wonder.. First, I'm a Police Officer and NOT a BMW Salesperson. Second, my honesty and integrity are very important to me so I expect the same from my cars and the companies that sell their product. I have had numerous vehciles over the years and as I've gotten older my choice of vehicles have leaned towards the upper end of comfort. I feel after driving American and European vehicle that the craftsmanship from German car builders is more exact and complete than American car builders. I purchased an American made vehicle because I love my Country. I believe I should support our Country and our American workers but I feel I made a bad choice buying my Escalade. So be it. Sorry to anger any of you but because this is America I can still tell you how I feel without repercussions.Have a great weekend all.

SFX Group
09-15-07, 05:24 AM
The new BMW X5 is not much better. Problems, problems, problems ...

I dont understand this, i will be moving to Canada but will buy a USA truck (which is why i am here), but in Europe (i'm in the UK) we dont have any of these issues at all, everyone complains and then there fixed....

Many Thanks
Ashley

hcden
09-15-07, 03:44 PM
Man, don't feel bad. I know how you feel but when you consider other SUVs out there, the Escalade is better. I had a 2007 (got in in May 2006) GL450 which I traded for 2006 Range Rover in Oct 2006 and eventually trade it for 07 Escalade last June 2007. I just wish the air conditioner could have been better. It just could not cool the fresh hot air coming from outside. I have to keep it on recirculate. Other than that, its my first Cadillac and I was quite impress by its overall package.

KYBRIGGS82
09-15-07, 09:37 PM
Well your right...At least I drive my favorite 1963 Ford Thunderbird Sports Roadster and my wife drives her 2007 Escalade so I'm not really all that unhappy after all !!! Thanks for reminding me life is pretty good if I just don't drive her Escalade and I stay on my side of the carriage courts with the other motorcars.

Wheelman322
09-18-07, 12:42 AM
Hmmm....As a guy who is thinking of selling his 07 Infiniti M45 Sport and 06 4x4 V6 Tacoma and getting an 08 Escalade...I don't know. I wanted to downsize to a single vehicle that would complete the tasks of my car and P.U. Would the Escalade be right for me??? Should I just save some peso's and grab a Denali?

TSS
09-18-07, 08:20 AM
Can't say anything bad about the Yukon Denali except that I personally am not fond of the front end. Looks a littler too similar to the Envoy in my opinion - especially the Envoy Denali. I also think the Lade has a greater "presence". I realize to some people that is not only not worth a dime, but in fact is undesirable. For those, the Denali is a great choice.

However, when you get to the bottom line with similar features, the price out the door (or for lease) may not be as different as you may think. With the Caddy, you get some extra warrantee , loaner vehicles, and I think a few extra ponies up front (380HP versus 403HP?). I could be wrong about the ponies. With the Denali, the power flip second row is standard too I think, versus an option on the lade, so keep that in mind when doing your price comparison.

Either way you will be happy.

ncCADDYman
09-18-07, 08:32 AM
only changes from 2007 escalade to 2008 are exterior color choices and the key fob

Ravensblack_ESV
09-20-07, 03:28 PM
Went from an 04 to and 07. The seat thing is a big complaint. I don't mind them being firm, but better lateral bolster support would be nice, so I don't feel like I'm sliding off. The old seats were soft an cushy so you kind of sank it to them like a big easy chair.

hcvone
09-21-07, 08:22 AM
Went from an 04 to and 07. The seat thing is a big complaint. I don't mind them being firm, but better lateral bolster support would be nice, so I don't feel like I'm sliding off. The old seats were soft an cushy so you kind of sank it to them like a big easy chair.

That was my biggest problem, the new seats, and why I am used to them now, they are junk compared to the 02's to the 06's seats, although the seat fans are great

HALO
07-31-08, 12:44 AM
Firstly, I have close ties to GM and a long, long family history so it's rather painful to type, but I'm pretty disappointed with the 07's. It goes a bit beyond first year model issues - the quality of the components are not what they used to/should be.

My first 07 ESV: The window fell out (completely fell out) on the first night. The navigation unit failed, the hvac failed, the liftgate broke, the shift-selector module failed causing "R" and "N" to be "R" and "D" and "M" to be manual mode, excessive wind noise, all sorts of little electrical failures, countless number of software calibrations applied and a total of nearly two of three months of ownership spent in the shop.

I'll echo hcvone in that Cadillac was fantastic to deal with. They, without question, ordered a new ESV, kept me informed every step of the way and were awesome to deal with (I never mentioned my ties to them, so I was just a normal customer.)

I received my newly built replacement unit and while much better than the first, it too has excessive wind noise, fluttering/shaking mirror (which was already replaced once), the paint is bubbling on the corner of the liftgate, there's sections of the liftgate and door jams that haven't even been painted or painted very lightly! Cheap plastic everywhere. As mentioned in another topic, I drove 6 others ranging from early to recent build dates and all exhibited similar characteristics - things didn't line up properly, wind noise, etc. It's a disgrace to me - very depressing.

I'll be honest in saying I'm more picky than most and it only gets worse the older I get, but I have an Expedition, a Lincoln several GM cars of course and a 2007 Toyota Camry. All are leaps and bounds above the caddy (at least the ones I've owned and/or seen and driven) on the perfection scale.

As much as I feel like I'm betraying my heritage, the ESV is going down the road and I'm not looking back until GM gets its Cadillac division in order and figures out who they're targeting. It's clearly not me anymore. I want more out of a vehicle, especially with a $70k price tag.

I drove the new Navigator. I wouldn't say that's a clear winner either, but it was, without question, 10x more refined and quieter than the poor ol' Slade. Power? It's a dog with a limp. I don't much care about that anymore. I've owned Corvettes, Chevelles, etc. my "out to prove something" days are over - I just want comfort, luxury and refinement.

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles as well. Best of luck!

I'm getting an Infiniti Qx56..after reading problems in this forum with the lade and comparing it to problems in the Qx forum....

SFX Group
07-31-08, 06:44 AM
I live in the UK, Merecedes are BAD, thay always have quality issues, its very well known here, they used to be good, they cant get anything right internally now and that goes for all there cars or any price.

If you want a quality vehicle then BMW, but there 4x4 (X5) really is just a large car.

I prefer there quality and service but not for a the 4x4 side, i own a 750iL and is the best car ive ever driven with loads of toys (TV, voice control in 1998, 3D navigation (you see your car drive under signs as well), power and control. However i dont tow things.

I do think GM need to get there act together for the money.

I needed an MOT (in the UK we need this paperwork every year to prove the car is legal on the road, it checks items on the car like brakes, windows, seatbelts, chassis every year), this cost 50 (1:1 $50).

The BMW dealer collected my car from my door (free), washed it (free), vacummed it (free) full internal vallit (free), then took it to the MOT testing station (free), it passed, then brought it back to my house (free). All that for the same price i would pay going to another testing station if i drove there.

Ive not seen anything like that from a GM (Cadillac) service dealer and your charging the same price as some of the 7 series BMW for these trucks.... ineresting that...

Its horses for courses, i like the 07+ look, might be willing to live with some of the problems inside, depends how bad they are... However i have to agree, trucks should get better in design not work like seats that are the same, that said ive not sat in one longer than 5 mins yet.

Diamond White, I am waiting to see if anything changes for 08 , if not I would definately not buy another one,so far I am chaulking this one up to a 60 thousand dollar mistake, I might have to listen to the Lincoln guy. But you know I looked at the Merecedes 450 SUV and when I was sitting in it with the salesman he was sitting in the passenger side when he tryed to get out the door handle broke off and I had to go around and let him out! So is any of them any better?

Rolex
07-31-08, 09:34 AM
I'm getting an Infiniti Qx56..after reading problems in this forum with the lade and comparing it to problems in the Qx forum....

Get whatever you want, but many of these problems are from the first model run (2007). Personally I never buy a new model until the obligatory bugs are worked out. You dug up a thread that's well over a year old. ;)

TSS
07-31-08, 11:09 AM
10 month thread revival.....from LAST post :suspect: