: 1995 SLS cranking but not starting, code p035

rabnestic
04-02-07, 11:46 PM
A few days ago my mom's 1995 Seville shut down and hasn't started since. I've checked the codes and found P035 - PCM issue. Prior to this I checked the timing belt aok, spark aok, ICM aok - Has anyone out there had problems with the PCM?? If so how do you know, other than find it and replce the beast. Also, where is it?? HELP!

fubar569
04-02-07, 11:57 PM
A few days ago my mom's 1995 Seville shut down and hasn't started since. I've checked the codes and found P035 - PCM issue. Prior to this I checked the timing belt aok, spark aok, ICM aok - Has anyone out there had problems with the PCM?? If so how do you know, other than find it and replce the beast. Also, where is it?? HELP!

should be inside the airbox under the hood...
check all of its connections, and make sure the memcal is seated properly...

upon doing so...if it fails to resolve the issue, i would purchase a reman PCM or find one out of a similar OBD1 equipped northstar seville and install...

Ranger
04-03-07, 12:35 AM
P035 (E035) .......................... PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range
Check the battery voltage and cables.

fubar569
04-03-07, 12:49 AM
P035 (E035) .......................... PCM reference low signal voltage Out of Range
Check the battery voltage and cables.

thanks ranger for the clarification...i was going off from his description and didnt think to double check the code number...

rabnestic
04-03-07, 08:53 AM
I took the airbox completely apart and did not find this item. I did se a connector at the abs box which is directly under the airbox, but considered that tyo be abs related. As for the voltage, I'll check it, but the car hasn't needed a jump since it stalled on 3/31. I've been cranking it for numerous times over 2 specific days and it still cranks strong. Makes me think that the voltage is fine.

Ranger
04-03-07, 11:34 AM
I think PCM on the '95 is still under the dash, near the glove box. I am not sure what year it was moved to under the air filter housing, but I think it was after '95.

fubar569
04-03-07, 11:46 AM
I took the airbox completely apart and did not find this item. I did se a connector at the abs box which is directly under the airbox, but considered that tyo be abs related. As for the voltage, I'll check it, but the car hasn't needed a jump since it stalled on 3/31. I've been cranking it for numerous times over 2 specific days and it still cranks strong. Makes me think that the voltage is fine.

though the PCM's connection to the battery could be bleeding power and that could be causing the issue...based on rangers code description...

zonie77
04-04-07, 11:36 AM
Do you have fuel pressure? If you do not have a pressure gauge give it a good shot of starting spray and see if it starts.

rabnestic
04-06-07, 02:40 PM
Do you have fuel pressure? If you do not have a pressure gauge give it a good shot of starting spray and see if it starts.

BINGO Zonie77. Turns out to have been a bad fuel pump, eventhough I heard the thing priming. Thanks all for your help on this one!

You forum guys are great!!:worship: