: Anyone familiar with Mazda??

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 07:32 PM
I was just wondering what kinda info i can get from the members on here, My gf back home just bought an 07 mazda 6 i sports 4 door sedan, and im really not seeing the money well spent here, i believe what she told me the other day (and then just purchasing the car without me giving here any advice) she was looking at about a 17,500 sticker, basically got 2 g's off for it being a showroom car, then getting the boot out to the lot lol i know this seems reasonable for a brand new 07 but options dont seem to great, 2.3 liter 4 cylinder 156 horse (this was my key argument with her, power is huge in my eyes as connecticut is alot of freeway driving) cloth seats, few power options but it basically extends to just windows and drivers side seat (no lumbar or anything) single disc, seriously thats all i can think of, i mean great for her on the purchase but would you guys ever buy a car for 20k with barely anything to offer you??? she def coulda went used with a couple grand down and been cruising in luxory like us, i guess to each his own......but anyways anyone have any experience with these ie how often is this gonna be heading back to the dealer and me bustin my knuckles :histeric: or is it overall a good ride???

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 07:33 PM
on a positive note i dont have to make any more excuses for me not allowing her to drive the cts anymore :thumbsup: "you have your own new car now" :histeric:

Vesicant
04-02-07, 07:40 PM
I can tell you her decision wasnt a bad one.

They should be a fairly reliable car, especially since she got the latest model. The 6 platform has been around for a while and definitely long enough for them (Mazda) to get most kinks out. Looking at reliability reports it seems the 03-05 had the only issues.

and better yet, Jesda liked the 6 for what it was. LOL

We own an RX-8 btw. Mazdas are becoming more and more reliable.

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 07:47 PM
I can tell you her decision wasnt a bad one.

They should be a fairly reliable car, especially since she got the latest model. The 6 platform has been around for a while and definitely long enough for them (Mazda) to get most kinks out. Looking at reliability reports it seems the 03-05 had the only issues.

and better yet, Jesda liked the 6 for what it was. LOL

We own an RX-8 btw. Mazdas are becoming more and more reliable.

yah i guess im not really bashing the car, i myself just cant seem to get over the fact that she def has the money to put a few grand down, be in the 20 grand area, and buy used cadillac, lexus, infiniti etc with all the creature comforts of a luxory vehicle, 20k and cloth seats is not doing it for me :bigroll: and the engine :bighead: ahhhh my bike isnt far off from her new car lol like i said i will never buy anything under a v6 for the rest of my life

thanx for the info BTW!!

Jonas McFeely
04-02-07, 07:56 PM
All of the major car magazines love the 6.It handles well,is reliable,and the ergonomics are top-notch. I belive she made a good choice.

My father has a '96 MX-6 V6 5 speed.Hes had it since '99 and its been very reliable.He's had no major problems with it.Still has the original clutch in it with 125k.

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 08:24 PM
All of the major car magazines love the 6.It handles well,is reliable,and the ergonomics are top-notch. I belive she made a good choice.

My father has a '96 MX-6 V6 5 speed.Hes had it since '99 and its been very reliable.He's had no major problems with it.Still has the original clutch in it with 125k.

sweet im glad to hear its a overall sound car at least

c5 rv
04-02-07, 08:29 PM

I have an 07 Lincoln MKZ which is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6. I also owned a 94 Mazda 626 which was the predecessor of the Mazda 6. Overall, the Mazda 6 is probably a better handling vehicle than a Camry or Accord, but underrated.

The mid-90s 626 / MX-6 / Ford Probe triplets were very good cars, so long as you avoided the automatic trans which tended to puke at about 100K. We looked long and hard for one for my one son, but couldn't find one with a manual that didn't have other problems.

Curious George
04-02-07, 08:31 PM
I'm a former Mazda owner. Mazda makes available lots of dealer-installable options: nav, in-dash CD changer, many cosmetic bits, etc. I the lady wants to pimp/bling her ride all she has to do is ask her dealer and wave some green.

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 08:36 PM
I'm a former Mazda owner. Mazda makes available lots of dealer-installable options: nav, in-dash CD changer, many cosmetic bits, etc. I the lady wants to pimp/bling her ride all she has to do is ask her dealer and wave some green.

i did notice this as well on the mazda home page while doing a little research, id much rather gather the parts at a cheaper price and diy as im fairly accustomed to moding vehicles, ill go that route though if anything interferes with the warranty, thats another reason im pretty interested in this car because basically its gonna be my other car cuz i do all the driving lol but my driving is done in the cadillac :bouncy:

Jesda
04-02-07, 08:36 PM
I love the Mazda 6! Great looking car thats fun to throw around corners. Quick steering, nice enough interior.
Back seat is smallish.

I'm also a former 626 owner. Had a 1995 5-speed with IIRC 240k (ran PERFECTLY when I sold it, perfect body and interior).

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 08:38 PM
I love the Mazda 6! Great looking car thats fun to throw around corners. Quick steering, nice enough interior.
Back seat is smallish.

I'm also a former 626 owner. Had a 1995 5-speed with IIRC 240k (ran PERFECTLY when I sold it, perfect body and interior).

i dont mind the interior but im not feeling the exterior, the hood, to me, looks like someone stepped on it and flattened it out lol

thanx BTW!

Jonas McFeely
04-02-07, 08:42 PM
I have an 07 Lincoln MKZ which is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6. I also owned a 94 Mazda 626 which was the predecessor of the Mazda 6. Overall, the Mazda 6 is probably a better handling vehicle than a Camry or Accord, but underrated.

The mid-90s 626 / MX-6 / Ford Probe triplets were very good cars, so long as you avoided the automatic trans which tended to puke at about 100K. We looked long and hard for one for my one son, but couldn't find one with a manual that didn't have other problems.

Glad to hear someone say something good about them.They are very underrated cars.If you can find one thats been well cared for,which is very rare,there are so many things you can do to them,and the parts and mods are fairly cheep. If i can ever convince my dad to sell me his,i want to do the KLZE engine swap.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-07, 08:47 PM
Mazdas are a good solid car. From July '94- May '05 my father had a '91 626 DX with the 2.2L I-4 and four speed automatic. When it got totaled due to somebody running into it head on, it had 196k miles on it and the only thing he had replaced prior to that was the starter. Other than that, it didn't have any expensive repairs, it was an *extremely* reliable car and if it wasn't for the accident, he'd probably still be driving it daily. That's the car I learned how to drive in, and it was kinda a fun little car to drive. The motor was pretty peppy (but not fast), the steering was real tight and quick, handled real nice, held up real well after 14 years of minnesota winters took their toll.

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 08:51 PM
Mazdas are a good solid car. From July '94- May '05 my father had a '91 626 DX with the 2.2L I-4 and four speed automatic. When it got totaled due to somebody running into it head on, it had 196k miles on it and the only thing he had replaced prior to that was the starter. Other than that, it didn't have any expensive repairs, it was an *extremely* reliable car and if it wasn't for the accident, he'd probably still be driving it daily. That's the car I learned how to drive in, and it was kinda a fun little car to drive. The motor was pretty peppy (but not fast), the steering was real tight and quick, handled real nice, held up real well after 14 years of minnesota winters took their toll.

sounds like everyone likes the car, also your post put two mazdas in this thread to 200k, shell have it for a long time at least!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-07, 08:55 PM
Damn, now I'm starting to kinda miss that little thing....

It felt so wierd driving that little thing around after I had gotten used to driving my Roadmaster all the time! What a change!

c5 rv
04-02-07, 09:08 PM
The older 626 / MX-6 / Probe used to be built at the Auto Alliance plant in Flat Rock, Michigan (94 - 98, don't know about older ones.) I think the current Mazda 6 / Fusion / Milan / MKZ is built at the Ford plant in Hermosillo Mexico.

samoskacts03
04-02-07, 09:15 PM
:food-snacking: taking it all in...thanx for the info guys and gals