: Tampa Meet July 21, 2007

Lady Danielle
04-02-07, 07:24 PM
July 21 Tampa meet...

Updated by Boombotz.
It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647.

8ball
04-02-07, 08:13 PM
How about Mons Venus :bigroll:

cooncat
04-02-07, 09:23 PM
I'm in. I'll put it on my calendar and pray for nice weather. I know, it's summer and we have a good chance of thunderstorms. Maybe we will be lucky.

Boombotz
04-03-07, 07:53 AM
We should be able to come, but it is my (J's) dads B-Day so I have to see. Usually... I would just go see him the day before instead, but that is my Moms B-day. I am thinking he wouldn't mind a Sunday get together though. I will try and work out the details and make this date work.

ejguillot
04-04-07, 02:42 PM
I'm in - I'll set the day aside. Wonder if those members who didn't make it out last time (for whatever reason: working, car damaged, etc.) will come out for this one. It's about 3 1/2 months of advance notice, I don't think there should be any excuses! :)

Lady Danielle
04-05-07, 09:53 AM
I'm in - I'll set the day aside. Wonder if those members who didn't make it out last time (for whatever reason: working, car damaged, etc.) will come out for this one. It's about 3 1/2 months of advance notice, I don't think there should be any excuses! :)

No excuses!!

Loos Cannon
04-05-07, 10:09 AM
Hell if Im going as far as driving down, they can come.

Lord Cadillac
04-05-07, 10:41 AM
Hell if Im going as far as driving down, they can come.
Still thinking about driving down, huh?

Of course, I'll be there. :)

Loos Cannon
04-05-07, 10:46 AM
How can I go to a cadillac meet without my own?! I'm driving down.

ejguillot
04-06-07, 02:24 PM
We start the meet earlier (say, 4 to 5 pm) than last time. 2 reasons:

1) Stake out a section of parking as Cadillacs only. :)
2) Have plenty of daylight to see all the cars.

Opinions?

cooncat
04-06-07, 03:33 PM
That sounds like a great idea. Of course we have to pray for no rain or hurricanes that day.

I everybody will have their Caddy's all shined up.

Are people with brand new Corvettes invited to this or is this strictly Caddy's.
I have a friend of mine who is in the process of ordering a brand new convertible.

Jesda
04-08-07, 05:22 AM
I have it marked as a "likely" on my SHINY NEW CADILLAC CALENDAR. :) I'll probably be on vacation in Washington/Idaho/Oregon at that time, but I'd be happy to fly down for a day and hang out.

A vacation within a vacation, if you will.

Jesda
04-08-07, 05:23 AM
I have a friend of mine who is in the process of ordering a brand new convertible.

Hell, I've never owned a Cadillac. Bring the Vette!

Lord Cadillac
04-08-07, 12:19 PM
Earlier than last time is fine by me.. It WOULD be nice to have all the Cadillacs parked in the same area..

Lord Cadillac
04-08-07, 12:20 PM
I have it marked as a "likely" on my SHINY NEW CADILLAC CALENDAR. :) I'll probably be on vacation in Washington/Idaho/Oregon at that time, but I'd be happy to fly down for a day and hang out.

A vacation within a vacation, if you will.
Cool. We'll hook you up. :)

G.A.R.Y.
04-08-07, 02:04 PM
Well the allante is in Pa., but I might drive the vette up form Miami. A couple of allnte guys might be there. Also, looking forward to meeting the Lord caddy hisself.

G.A.R.Y.

cooncat
04-21-07, 09:28 PM
How do all feel about having a meet either in New Tampa or Brandon? I figure we should spread this around a little bit.

What are your thoughts

Bob

ejguillot
04-30-07, 04:25 PM
Perhaps a hillsborough area cadillac meeting, before the big one on July 21st? :o

8ball
04-30-07, 06:22 PM
Perhaps a hillsborough area cadillac meeting, before the big one on July 21st? :o

Where at?

cooncat
05-02-07, 08:00 AM
I have a couple of thoughts for the New Tampa area. One is the Ruby Tuesday's near the movie theatre. We could park the cars in the far end of the movie theatre parking lot and then go in for dinner. Or we could go to the Tampa Brickyard and if we get there early enough we could snag some spaces in the side lot. The Tampa Brickyard is in Tampa Palms. Both restaurants have bars. I have to checkout to see if there are any bars/restaurants in Pebble Creek. At this point I don't know what is in Brandon but I will investigate when I get back from my cruise and I leave for Ft. Lauderdale on Friday.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

8ball
05-02-07, 10:18 AM
I have a couple of thoughts for the New Tampa area. One is the Ruby Tuesday's near the movie theatre. We could park the cars in the far end of the movie theatre parking lot and then go in for dinner. Or we could go to the Tampa Brickyard and if we get there early enough we could snag some spaces in the side lot. The Tampa Brickyard is in Tampa Palms. Both restaurants have bars. I have to checkout to see if there are any bars/restaurants in Pebble Creek. At this point I don't know what is in Brandon but I will investigate when I get back from my cruise and I leave for Ft. Lauderdale on Friday.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

They also have a new Beef O Bradeys a little further up plus Chilies and some other places.

cooncat
05-02-07, 10:56 AM
Those all sound good.

ejguillot
05-02-07, 07:05 PM
Agreed - any of those is nice and close to home.

cooncat
05-02-07, 09:00 PM
How does Peabody's in Tampa Palms sound?

Night Wolf
05-06-07, 01:21 AM
Late July?... its a Saturday, if all is still the same, I'll be there!

Hopefully the Brougham will be in even better shape.... hmmm

Jonas McFeely
05-08-07, 01:14 AM
You can count me in. I think by late July i should have the body work done and bumper fillers in. I doubt paint though. Maybe a new viyl top. It hasnt changed much cosmetically since the last meet i was at. I mean ive dumped over $1000 into mechanical issues since then,but shes still lookin a bit rugged. But not nearly as rugged as Night Wolfs :thepan::stirpot:. Even if none of that is done i'll still come down. Probably bring a friend or two and get a hotel for the night.

Hopefully there will be a bigger turnout than the Orlando meet.

Yeah, i cant wait!

cooncat
05-17-07, 12:27 PM
Hi folks,

I've been doing some thinking and that is always a dangerous thing when we do that. How does Peabody's in Tampa Palms sound? It is located in the Shoppes of Amberly. The parking lot is large and I think we could grab the back part if we get there early enough.

Night Wolf
06-01-07, 01:32 AM
Brougham will be there :)

Just got it on the road today.... still needs a ton of work, and a handful of things I'd like fixed before the trip to FL....

She will not be looking very pretty but... ah well... it's a Caddy, right?

This will be the 3rd Cadillac I have owned.... and brought to the meets, the Tampa folks will have seen em' all :)

ejguillot
06-01-07, 12:39 PM
Peabody's would be great!

cooncat
06-01-07, 01:41 PM
Then it's set. Let's make it for the Shoppes on Amberly and we can go to Peabody's. We'll keep close to home for us on the northeast side of town. What would be a good time to meet?

8ball
06-04-07, 10:44 AM
Sounds good to me too and close to home!

cooncat
06-06-07, 08:39 PM
Hi folks how does 5- 6pm at the Shoppes of Amberly sound?

ejguillot
06-08-07, 12:39 PM
That sounds great. See y'all there!

Night Wolf
06-10-07, 02:57 AM
Can we get an address?

Lord Cadillac
06-10-07, 08:13 PM
Do we have a list of who's coming yet?

Night Wolf
06-10-07, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I was just going to say... we need a "final details" thing...

exact place, what time, who is going etc...

Count me and Ms. Aimee in with the Fleetwood Brougham.

Jonas McFeely
06-10-07, 10:05 PM
I agree. Full details. Im 90% sure i'll be there. May or may not get a hotel out there.

cooncat
06-11-07, 06:53 PM
Okay, so far we have attendiing:

G.A.R.Y.
ejguillot
8ball
Night Wolf
Jonas Mcfeely

It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647. Let's pray for no afternoon thunderstorms or hurricanes. Look my beautiful stealth gray 2006 STS.

Jonas McFeely
06-11-07, 07:48 PM
Okay, so far we have attendiing:

G.A.R.Y.
ejguillot
8ball
Night Wolf
Jonas Mcfeely

It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647. Let's pray for no afternoon thunderstorms or hurricanes. Look my beautiful stealth gray 2006 STS.

Looks like a bunch of youngins so far.

Come on people, i know you want to see the Sage sled in person.

ejguillot
06-12-07, 03:27 PM
Bring it! Just don't try to ghost ride it. :rolleyes:

Night Wolf
06-12-07, 05:51 PM
What about boombotz and stoney?

Lord Cadillac
06-12-07, 06:09 PM
I don't see a problem with Danielle and I being there...

Boombotz
06-12-07, 11:56 PM
What about boombotz and stoney?
I don't think we are going to make it. We have 2 birthdays that day. We will see if we can make a breif appearence.

8ball
06-13-07, 12:04 AM
Looks like a bunch of youngins so far.

Come on people, i know you want to see the Sage sled in person.

Youngins...thank's for the compliment :) So is that all who is going?

cooncat
06-13-07, 07:49 AM
Being the old man in the group, I sure hope not. I know we have some people in the western Pasco/Hernando area. I hope they come.

Brett
06-14-07, 08:57 AM
i should be able to make it

JNL518411
06-14-07, 12:46 PM
Ill be there but where are we doing it at Mons that place is always packed. theres a green iguana on anderson rd in the same plaza as the Veterans AMC 24 with plenty of parking Bennigans and a few other food places as well

Boombotz
06-14-07, 01:12 PM
Ill be there but where are we doing it at Mons that place is always packed. theres a green iguana on anderson rd in the same plaza as the Veterans AMC 24 with plenty of parking Bennigans and a few other food places as well
Its not at Mons, That was just a joke. It is at Peabody's in New Tampa. By Amberly dr. and Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

Lord Cadillac
06-14-07, 02:18 PM
Is it possible we could have just picked a bad day? If we don't get more people coming, maybe we should just reschedule it... I mean.. It's all about getting people there.. If we're only planning on seeing 8 -10 people, you can usually cut that down to 4-5 actually showing up. Let's get something going where we can expect at least 20 and expect to see at least 10...

Night Wolf
06-14-07, 03:48 PM
I agree.... my favorite part about our Caddy meets are..... meeting everyone and talking to the folks from the site I only get to talk to at the meets....

Brett
06-14-07, 04:02 PM
i can pick up some bodies at manpower on the way over

cooncat
06-14-07, 04:23 PM
Perhaps it could be the day. Should we have a poll to see which date would be the best day to hold it. You are correct that the point of these meets are to meet people and the get the largest number of people and Caddy's there possible. We could go either one week earlier or perhaps a little later and pray there are no hurricanes. We could still have it at the same place. Peobody's is a nice place, bar, pool hall, etc. The food there is good. What better place to have a Cadillac meet than in prestigous Tampa Palms.

Jonas McFeely
06-16-07, 12:49 PM
OK. Someone needs to spearhead this thing get word out there,as im sure many people dont visit the "meets" forum.

I plan on being there,but only if there is a substantial amount of people,at least 10 or 15. It is a far drive for me,and dont want to waste the gas just to hang out with Night Wolf.

Im going to put a thing in my sig and someone should allow someone to post something in the Lounge and V forums,as im sure most dont know about this meet.

A poll may also be a good thing also.

Lets get this thing rolling people!

8ball
06-16-07, 05:48 PM
Put on the the Escalade forum too.

jspano
06-16-07, 06:21 PM
boombotz you out there tonight

cooncat
06-16-07, 08:10 PM
Here are the dates:

Saturday, July 14th
Saturday, July 21st
Saturday, July 28th
Saturday, August 4th

All at 6pm, unless people prefer 5pm. I think 6pm there will be enough light and not too early in the day.

I staked out the parking lot at Shoppes of Amberly and it is plenty big enough for us to have our own section.

Let's see the vote.

Bob

Jonas McFeely
06-16-07, 08:32 PM
I say stick to the 21st. No sooner,maybe later if we cant get enough people on board in time.

ejguillot
06-18-07, 02:25 PM
I agree with the 21st, but can do the 28th if need be.

Playdrv4me
06-18-07, 03:30 PM
Im in, but guys we need to get the date set, we are getting really close and people wont show up if they dont have a date hard pounded into their brains.

I can do any Saturday or Sunday type thing, the 21st sounds good to me.

Jonas McFeely
06-18-07, 03:35 PM
I say 21st. All who agree say "I"

cooncat
06-18-07, 04:09 PM
From the few response I have seen, let's keep it on the 21st, unless other people differ in this opinion. Not all people will make-it all dates. How do you all feel about meeting at 6 rather than 5? I think now 5pm is a little too early.

Jonas McFeely
06-18-07, 04:10 PM
Im flexible all day. I do need an exact adress so i can Mapquest it.

cooncat
06-18-07, 04:41 PM
I have it on an earlier posting.

Bob

ejguillot
06-18-07, 09:59 PM
The 21st at 6pm is fine with me. After all, we'll still have 2 1/2 hours of daylight. :bouncy: and after we can :alchi:

Jesda
06-19-07, 08:55 AM
I figured the 21st was firm since its in EJ's sig.

Count me in. This time, I'll have more flexibility (school's out for summer) so I can take the train instead of flying.

Jonas McFeely
06-19-07, 10:08 AM
I figured the 21st was firm since its in EJ's sig.

Count me in. This time, I'll have more flexibility (school's out for summer) so I can take the train instead of flying.

Wow awesome. Ive always wanted to meet you.

cooncat
06-19-07, 11:38 AM
Hey Jesda,

It will be great seeing again. This time you will see my beauty nice and clean and shiny. My only hope is that we don't have one of our afternoon showers. If we do, out comes the towels.

ejguillot
06-19-07, 03:51 PM
It'll indeed be good to see Jesda again. As for rain, keep a couple of microfiber towels in the trunk.

And the 21st is my preferred date - I just took off the entire week! :bouncy:

regentselite
06-23-07, 07:59 PM
Can newbies go? I am always up in that area!

Brett
06-23-07, 08:05 PM
everyone is invited new or old....we'll see you there Regent

Stoneage_Caddy
06-23-07, 10:45 PM
just keep hashing out the details ....

ill see if i can make it , provideing i dont have a PGR mission that day , IE not only pray for good weather but also that none of our boys get killed over in the sand box....

ill prolly make a descision that day on weather and if the caddy or the harley will be my ride ...it should be out of the shop by then

DopeStar 156
06-25-07, 01:25 AM
Jonas McFeely VS. Night Wolf
HT4100 VS. 5.0

Inquire in the Cadillac Owners Meets forum or PM me.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...21-2007-a.html

Be There or Be Square

I want in on this, I have a 500 now.....

Destroyer
06-25-07, 06:56 AM
I find myself Cadillac-less and dont think I'll have another by July 21st. Still invited?. :eek:

cooncat
06-25-07, 07:53 AM
Sure, come-on down. I see you have a couple of Lincolns. They will fit in quite well.

The more people the merrier.

Night Wolf
06-25-07, 10:54 AM

lol, wow, this would really be the misfit race.... it would be a battle of the slowest cars.... lol

Somehow though I can see all 3 of the cars being fairly equal, each ones pros off setting the others cons etc...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-25-07, 03:42 PM
Damn this looks like it'd be fun. I should check into prices for airline tickets and hotel rooms....

Jonas McFeely
06-25-07, 07:32 PM

If youre in Tampa on 21st, youre more than welcome to join in, but only after me and Night Wolfs head to head.

I find myself Cadillac-less and dont think I'll have another by July 21st. Still invited?. :eek:

Hell yes, i'd love to see either of your Mark VIII's.

Damn this looks like it'd be fun. I should check into prices for airline tickets and hotel rooms....

You really should, i'd love to meet you. I guarantee its gonna be a blast, even if the highlight is me and Ricks race. Thats going to be one of those legendary videos on here.

I dont feel like explaing why its going to be such a great race for those who dont already know why,but for those who remember how bad me and Night Wolf used to feud/clash, its just that much better.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-25-07, 07:40 PM
You really should, i'd love to meet you. I guarantee its gonna be a blast, even if the highlight is me and Ricks race. Thats going to be one of those legendary videos on here.

I dont feel like explaing why its going to be such a great race for those who dont already know why,but for those who remember how bad me and Night Wolf used to feud/clash, its just that much better.

Even if there wasn't the previous clashing/feuding, it'd still be great to see an HT4100 Brougham and a 307 Brougham go at it. Just make sure to bring an hourglass to time it, because I don't think the timer on the track reads hours. :histeric: Maybe after that race Rick will be a trooper and grab the Isuzu and you can race that too!

I just wanna come down and meet the FL people because it's tough to have a meet where everyone shows up from any part of the country, but I do say our Nat'l meet was pretty good...Gary came all the way from Oregon.

Night Wolf
06-25-07, 08:35 PM
Maybe after that race Rick will be a trooper and grab the Isuzu and you can race that too!

Nice play on words.... (I've got an Amigo tho)

And... honestly, my Isuzu would be either of the Broughams.... kinda sad eh?

the clashing aspect never passed my mind.... racing a Fleetwood Borugham with a Fleetwood Brougham is just amusing to me.

Jonas McFeely
06-25-07, 09:14 PM
racing a Fleetwood Borugham with a Fleetwood Brougham is just amusing to me.

Agreed.

DopeStar 156
06-25-07, 10:25 PM
lol, wow, this would really be the misfit race.... it would be a battle of the slowest cars.... lol

Somehow though I can see all 3 of the cars being fairly equal, each ones pros off setting the others cons etc...

If anyone witnessed this, it would just be sad.....

Jonas McFeely
06-25-07, 10:38 PM
If anyone witnessed this, it would just be sad.....

No way,if i saw it, i would be like Hell Yeah!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-26-07, 01:01 AM
Nice play on words.... (I've got an Amigo tho)

Oh lol I know I know, but I just used Trooper because it's a noun commonly used in that sort of sentence. Maybe I could have said "if rick were to be an Amigo...." but that wouldn't work as well.

Stoneage_Caddy
06-26-07, 09:27 PM
so far it looks to be the harley will be riden to the meet , repairs have finally begun with a date of july 16 as the day it will be done ....ill be itching to ride ...

unless SCG wants to go too ...then itll be the caddy

Destroyer
06-26-07, 10:16 PM
Yeah, do it Chadly.:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-27-07, 12:17 AM
Oh it'd be fun to meet you too Nick!

The Tony Show
06-28-07, 09:47 AM
Sounds like fun, and Tampa's only 1 1/2 hours from me.

I'll be there! :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
06-28-07, 10:40 AM
Well look at that! I might get to meet Cadillac Tony! :p

Jesda
06-28-07, 09:49 PM
KNIFE FIGHT!

The Tony Show
06-29-07, 06:00 PM
Well look at that! I might get to meet Cadillac Tony! :p

I'll be signing autographs for 1 hour only, so start forming a line now. :D

I'm looking forward to putting a face to the name, Sal- I always subconsciously picture you looking like the Geico Caveman from your old avatar :eek:.

I didn't have time to read through the whole thread- any other V's coming?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-29-07, 08:40 PM
If I come down, can I get in on the race too?

1985 Fleetwood Brougham v. 1989 Brougham v. The Chad.

I'll run next to you guys, it'll be pretty close. :cool2: :p

lochenjons
07-01-07, 04:36 PM
haha you guys are racing? since im on the west coast, i probably wont be able to make it... but if i was there id totally race you too. take videos!

Jonas McFeely
07-01-07, 07:16 PM
haha you guys are racing? since im on the west coast, i probably wont be able to make it... but if i was there id totally race you too. take videos!

Thats what all that crap in the RWD forum is about, Me and Night Wolf are racing at the Tampa meet on the 21st. My HT4100 vs. his 307. Chad i dont think will be there, though should be.

Videos will be taken from all angles and from inside both cars.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-07, 07:29 PM
I've still gotta present this to my folks, I have punched the numbers and it's cheaper for me to drive (and pick up Jesda on my way down) than it would be to fly down. I think I can do the driving, eating and meeting for less than $400 and only miss one day of work. I'd leave on a Thursday night right after work (6 PM) and get to Jesda's place outside of St. Louis at about 2:30 AM and then leave from there Friday morning around 11 and get to Tampa around 11-12 that night.

My mom told me earlier today that I need to start saving more money, and this isn't gonna help at all. lol

cooncat
07-01-07, 08:34 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade guys and I don't know how serious you are about the racing. This is just a beauty show, there is going to be no racing and I don't think it will be sanction by the boards. Please confirm this with me Sal. This is being held in a very upscale and prestigious community. I do want to see your beautiful cars though and meet all of you.

This is from the old man in the group.

Just a few short weeks until this big event.

Sal, when are you going to send official invitation to everybody?

Bob

Jonas McFeely
07-01-07, 09:21 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade guys and I don't know how serious you are about the racing. This is just a beauty show, there is going to be no racing and I don't think it will be sanction by the boards. Please confirm this with me Sal. This is being held in a very upscale and prestigious community. I do want to see your beautiful cars though and meet all of you.

Bob

Doesnt matter if the boards support it or not. It has nothing to do with them. We are doing this on our own time. We arnt going to do it on the street in this "prestigious" community. We have not decided on a place, but dont worry, you arnt being forced to be involved.

Those who wish to witness this may follow us to the place we decide on. This is between me and Rick. You dont have to be a part of it if you dont want to be.

The race, which IS going to happen, will happen after we all meet eachother, talk, eat, hangout etc. After that,those who wish to see our incredibly slow and pathetic race can. Dont worry, you can pretend like you never heard about it.

We are taking the risk of getting in trouble, which is doubtful as our cars are so slow and old, no one will probbaly pay it any mind.

I take full responsiblity if i happen to get in trouble for this. And the boards, nor any member would be mentioned.

Night Wolf
07-02-07, 09:24 AM
so far it looks to be the harley will be riden to the meet , repairs have finally begun with a date of july 16 as the day it will be done ....ill be itching to ride ...

unless SCG wants to go too ...then itll be the caddy

SCG? Stonage Caddy Godess?

It'll be really cool to see the Harley...

but....

....man....

Gladys man! You gotta bring Gladys... I havn't seen her in a while.

Night Wolf
07-02-07, 09:28 AM

Bob

Sorry old man in the group, I don't care how prestigious the community is... I am gonna be leaving a mile of rubber on the road each time I acclerate from a stop.

Jonas McFeely
07-02-07, 10:11 AM
Sorry old man in the group, I don't care how prestigious the community is... I am gonna be leaving a mile of rubber on the road each time I acclerate from a stop.

That is by far the best post i have ever seen flow from your fingertips. Also the shortest. I never thought i'd say this, but +1 for you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-07, 12:24 PM

What are ya gonna do? Throw condoms out of the window of your Brougham for a mile after each stop?

90Brougham350
07-02-07, 01:50 PM
What are ya gonna do? Throw condoms out of the window of your Brougham for a mile after each stop?

:histeric:

Post of the year award!:thumbsup:

Brian

gdwriter
07-02-07, 01:57 PM
That is by far the best post i have ever seen flow from your fingertips. Also the shortest. I never thought i'd say this, but +1 for you.:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::histe ric:

What are ya gonna do? Throw condoms out of the window of your Brougham for a mile after each stop?:histeric::histeric::histeric::histeric::hist eric::histeric::histeric::histeric:

ejguillot
07-02-07, 02:36 PM
To cooncat:

Tampa Palms may think they are upscale and prestigious, but the reality check is that the whole area isn't as upscale as they like to think. And I live in that area, and been around it for 11 years! :)

Besides, an HT4100 and a 307, running flat out, will still accelerate slower than a Honda Odyssey minivan. That being said, Bruce B Downs is known for a heavy Tampa PD presence in that area, what with lots of people who can pay the ticket, are too busy to fight it, and aren't likely to shoot back! So the cops hang out there to make their quotas.

To Jonas and Wolf:

Scouting a location near the meeting place won't be easy, I can't think of any good location for a race that is 2 lanes, straight, AND doesn't have heavy traffic or lots of cops.

cooncat
07-02-07, 04:22 PM
EJ, you absolutely correct on all counts about BBD. I just wanted to send out the warning, but said it so much better.

Like I said, this is a beauty show to show off our beasts.

Boombotz
07-02-07, 04:58 PM
To cooncat:

Tampa Palms may think they are upscale and prestigious, but the reality check is that the whole area isn't as upscale as they like to think. And I live in that area, and been around it for 11 years! :)

Don't tell that to people who live in Tampa Palms.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-07, 05:23 PM
I think Jonas and Nightwolf should both install glasspacks on their cars so that everyone will know they're accelerating hard. Sure, they may not be going fast, but atleast it'll sound like they are! :cool2:

Jonas McFeely
07-02-07, 05:47 PM
Damn i feel cool.

Night Wolf
07-02-07, 08:06 PM
I think Jonas and Nightwolf should both install glasspacks on their cars so that everyone will know they're accelerating hard. Sure, they may not be going fast, but atleast it'll sound like they are! :cool2:

I've got an exhaust leak that makes the 307 kinda loud....

Stoneage_Caddy
07-02-07, 10:34 PM
SCG? Stonage Caddy Godess?

It'll be really cool to see the Harley...

but....

....man....

Gladys man! You gotta bring Gladys... I havn't seen her in a while.

SCG was very shortlived ....she turned out to be yet another lunatic who "needs to get her life together" ...for some odd reason i inspire women to go forth and do more with there life and fine a guy thatll treat them like crap ....parents should pay me for my services

well see how it goes ....but i think ill be on 2 wheels

Night Wolf
07-03-07, 07:41 AM
So no girl at the moment? :(

But, no matter how many wheels are on your vehicle, you better be there to witness the slowest race to take place on the board....

... I did race the golf cart at work with the other golf cart, but I was towing a ladder and they had a crate of parts on the rack on theirs.... maybe that was the slowest rave I've participated in.... close call.

Slowly and slowly tho, that race between my Isuzu an the 4cyl Ranger form 0-85mph seems to be more and more impressive..... Atleast the Ranger spun the tires off the line (I didn't pop the clutch) but I did get a nice squeel shifting into 2nd....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-03-07, 12:59 PM
I think you guys need to do a burnout contest too...maybe douse the rear tires of both cars in some bleach and have at it, and you've gotta do it in a residential area too, even better if there are small and/or handicapped children in the area.

Jonas McFeely
07-03-07, 05:11 PM
I dont need any liquid to get my tires smokey. I can do it just fine.

I think he does though...:stirpot:

The Tony Show
07-05-07, 06:10 PM
You guys are killing me! :rofl:

Worse than a bunch of V owners, I swear.....

Stoneage_Caddy
07-05-07, 08:36 PM
So no girl at the moment? :(

nope and never will be ....i faced the facts , thats done for me , too white too ugly and too nice and im unwilling to change ....but at least i got it all out of my sysem this time ...i have no desire to have anyone in my life ....

but ill have pleanty of money for toys

Night Wolf
07-05-07, 10:33 PM
nope and never will be ....i faced the facts , thats done for me , too white too ugly and too nice and im unwilling to change ....but at least i got it all out of my sysem this time ...i have no desire to have anyone in my life ....

but ill have pleanty of money for toys

ah man....

.... just give it time, at the least moment you expect it, it'll happen.... thats what happened to me.

Lookin forward to seeing ya at the meet.... Harley or Caddy.

Destroyer
07-06-07, 01:06 AM

but ill have pleanty of money for toysRight on!. This coming from a married man with children. The kids are awesome and make it worthwhile but if it weren't for them I'd be single forever!. :highfive:

Jonas McFeely
07-06-07, 10:14 AM
You guys are killing me! :rofl:

Worse than a bunch of V owners, I swear.....

Nah, only thing worse than V owners are VTEC owners. Those dipshits think VVT is like cold fusion. Every now and then i will hear one talking about VTEC and when it "comes on" and all that BS. Lol.

Youve got to admit V owners are some cocky mo-fo's. As much i love Cadillac, it still puts a smile of my face when they get their asses handed to them.

No offense.

I actually had a dream i had a V last night, but i was in the back seat, and it had footrests. Weird.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-06-07, 09:02 PM
Nah, only thing worse than V owners are VTEC owners. Those dipshits think VVT is like cold fusion. Every now and then i will hear one talking about VTEC and when it "comes on" and all that BS. Lol.

Youve got to admit V owners are some cocky mo-fo's. As much i love Cadillac, it still puts a smile of my face when they get their asses handed to them.

No offense.

I actually had a dream i had a V last night, but i was in the back seat, and it had footrests. Weird.

HAHAHA! Cold Fusion! I agree with everything said here, but what kinda V would that be....the Sixty Special V Series?

Jonas McFeely
07-07-07, 02:11 PM
Something like that. Someone should make a V limo...

Stoneage_Caddy
07-07-07, 02:40 PM
i rather see a limo made out of a john deere tractor ......beware of the punkrocker caveman with no taste !!!!

Night Wolf
07-08-07, 06:06 PM
Man, this meet is fast approaching, and I haven't been able to do a thing to the Caddy with my friend from Hawaii spending some time here.

I am gonna be able to throw in some new plugs, wires, cap and rotor... but thats gonna be about it... no more pretty stuff or anything... Still like to get the speedo fixed.

Jonas McFeely
07-08-07, 11:34 PM
Mine is going into the shop this week. A list of things im doing/may do before the meet:

Deffinately doing:

Oil change
Air filter
Trans fluid and filter change
TCC Solenoid if it needs it,which it probably will
Fuel filter
Install a tach.
Detail engine
Wax the crap of it

Probably/possibly doing:

Remove the cat.
Alignment
Replace rear diff. fluid
Replace spedometer cable(its accurate but noisier than a sweat shop)

I'll be ready. :stirpot: :bouncy:

cooncat
07-09-07, 07:51 AM
Nightwolf,

If you need to have your car washed for the meeting, there is a nice car wash on Bruce B. Downs Blvd. just northwest of I75. They do a pretty good job and they service a lot of high end cars. There is also a do it yourself carwash just south of the where the meet is to be held on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

Jesda
07-09-07, 08:39 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Night Wolf
07-09-07, 09:17 AM
Nightwolf,

If you need to have your car washed for the meeting, there is a nice car wash on Bruce B. Downs Blvd. just northwest of I75. They do a pretty good job and they service a lot of high end cars. There is also a do it yourself carwash just south of the where the meet is to be held on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

I'm pretty familer with the area.... I am not too concerned about taking it to a place that does high end cars... this car is kinda in rough shape.... I'll just bring it to one of the local coin-op places and blast the bugs off.

I'll do a couple basic things to it, but other then that, I haven't had time for anything else....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-07, 12:42 PM
Talked to my dad today about this. He's interested in it, didn't say no!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-07, 03:46 PM
I can't edit that post for whatever reason, so I'll just add it in here.

His only concernt is whether my car can make that 3000 mile drive w/o a problem. She runs fine, but you never know when something small (hose, etc etc) will break. That kinda worries me too. I believe it's in pretty good shape, but a good once over won't hurt. After seeing Gary drive his 230k mile '91 deVille 3000 miles I know these older, high mileage deVilles can do it.

Destroyer
07-09-07, 03:59 PM

His only concernt is whether my car can make that 3000 mile drive w/o a problem. She runs fine, but you never know when something small (hose, etc etc) will break. That kinda worries me too. I believe it's in pretty good shape, but a good once over won't hurt. After seeing Gary drive his 230k mile '91 deVille 3000 miles I know these older, high mileage deVilles can do it.Wow, you would drive 3000 miles for a meet?. Now thats dedication. I was debating whether or not to go and its only like 30 miles from me. :eek:

cooncat
07-09-07, 04:18 PM
That is impressive and we would love to meet you and your nice older Caddy. It is going to be nice to have a mix. I think mine is among the newest there. I have only had mine for six months now.

Jonas McFeely
07-09-07, 06:13 PM

His only concernt is whether my car can make that 3000 mile drive w/o a problem. She runs fine, but you never know when something small (hose, etc etc) will break. That kinda worries me too. I believe it's in pretty good shape, but a good once over won't hurt. After seeing Gary drive his 230k mile '91 deVille 3000 miles I know these older, high mileage deVilles can do it.

Do it. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-07, 07:38 PM
Wow, you would drive 3000 miles for a meet?. Now thats dedication. I was debating whether or not to go and its only like 30 miles from me. :eek:

Yeah lol, well here's how I see it. I get to miss a day of work, go on a 3000 mile road trip with a hell of a funny man (Jesda) and finally meet people whom I've been talking to online for up to three years.

gdwriter
07-10-07, 12:08 PM
After seeing Gary drive his 230k mile '91 deVille 3000 miles I know these older, high mileage deVilles can do it.Actually, it was just under 4,000 miles round trip from Oregon to Des Moines with a detour to Denver on the return trip. I added half a quart of oil the last day of the drive over and the other half the last day of the return.

Besides an oil change and tire rotation, the only other thing I did before the trip was have the serpentine belt changed. It hadn't been done since I owned the car, and I could see some scoring on the belt.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 01:45 PM
I asked my boss today if I could get the 21st off, he said it would probably be alright! I'm one step closer now! All that's left is the definitive yes from my parents, but that shouldn't be that hard to get.

Then comes the washing/waxing/vacuuming and other pre trip checks.

Jonas McFeely
07-10-07, 05:44 PM
Wow, this meet may actually be really cool.

You guys have ME to thank for the all the race hype and putting the info in my sig! I think alot more people will actually show up now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 08:51 PM
Won't be able to make it down.

Sorry guys. :(

I realized today that if I left from Tampa at 7 AM Sunday (which is a LOT earlier than I'd like to leave), I wouldn't get back to the Twin Cities until 5 AM Monday and that's with no sleep breaks, then I've gotta be at work at 11 on Mondays now. So that means after driving 20 hours, I'd get 4 hours of sleep then work 10 hours. Not gonna happen. And I don't wanna rush down and back to Florida...I'd much rather take 2-3 days each way down and back, to see all sites and get the necessary amount of time to sleep and eat, instead of having basically no time to do anything but drive. Then I can't do that because I only get 5 days of vacation time each year, and I've already used 3 for the National Meet two months ago.

And then who knows what could happen with my car on the trip. Maybe something would happen in the south somewhere and I'd then have to take it to a dealer for the repairs...who knows how long that'll take. Plus, she's got 137k on it now, that's lot of miles on a car that's supposed to go to Florida, and I don't exactly have the money/time to have all the issues addressed before hand.

Sorry folks. But I'll defintely be going to the national meet next year. Maybe by then I'll have another car with less miles???

Jonas McFeely
07-11-07, 01:48 AM
I have about a 1/5 of shit-brand Fleischmans Gin in me. Ive been druniking Gin and Tonics since 8:30. Its 1:23am now. I have to be at work at 8am, and the drive to Orange City and drop off a shit ton of duct flex. **** that ***** shit. "ehhh ,i havbe work, my car has alot of miles." Bullshit.

My car has a tick over 75k, but she is beat to hell and back and i drive her like i stole her. 22 years old too. I'd trust her to drive to Alaska to meet Koz and talk about retarded Alaska bullshit.

I was hoping youd show. Guess not. Hope Jesda is still coming. Really wantg to meet hima nd have acouple drinks with him. Anyhoo. I need to catch some zzzzs.

I guess youll get to ssee the video of our race ...

Boombotz
07-11-07, 09:04 AM
Wow, this meet may actually be really cool.

You guys have ME to thank for the all the race hype and putting the info in my sig! I think alot more people will actually show up now.

Wow........ now aren't you a bit cocky.

Cynical
07-11-07, 03:11 PM
I just joined the forum a few months back but I am going to try and make it to the meet up, I dont live to far ... Land O' Lakes to be exact.

cooncat
07-11-07, 03:20 PM
Please come, it should be interesting.

Jonas McFeely
07-11-07, 06:55 PM
Wow........ now aren't you a bit cocky.

A bit, but if it it wernt for me challenging Rick to a race, this thread would still be 7 pages and we'd still be talking about a deffinate date.

Also, sorry about my drunk post everyone^^^. Cheap Gin is,well, ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-11-07, 08:48 PM
Since I'm not going now, I think I'll spend that day eating Baconators in honor of what could have been. :D

:chad: :chad: :chad:

Night Wolf
07-12-07, 12:09 AM
I don't think the race thing is really a big deal.... atleast to me.... its still nothing more then a stoplight dash.... espeicaly given the engine output from our cars.

I don't remember who challenged who... but I know I wanted to "race" either way.... heck it woudln't mater who, but is someone brought another older Caddy to the meet, I'd want to race them too :)

Either way, its gonna be alot of fun... lets just hope the rain stops tho.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-12-07, 12:51 PM
If I went, I'd soo be racing you guys. It'd be a 4.x showdown! Haha! Or if we wanted to even the odds a bit, it'd be me v. Rick's Town Car v. Gladys.

Jonas McFeely
07-12-07, 05:59 PM
Either way, its gonna be alot of fun... lets just hope the rain stops tho.

Rain. I forgot about that. If it does rain, i say we just hit the gas and whoever stops spinning first wins!

Night Wolf
07-12-07, 08:03 PM
Actually......

looking at the forcast, there is a 60%+ chance of rain the entire weekend.

I am pretty sure I am not gonna take the Caddy :( I know, I know...

But the AC isn't working, I have a new compressor, accumulator and orifice tube that I need to install... but still, then I gotta find a shop that'll pull a vaccum and get it recharged... then the climate control system still dosn't work right, so it is overridden right now...

So it is gonna be in the 90's and raining... obvisouly need AC, on top of that the speedo is still broke on the Caddy, which is alright, I have my GPS to tell me speedo and mileage, but still, the torque converter dosn't lock up, so I was gonna wire it up to a switch so it would....

but then the front end is still worn.... having my friend here from Hawaii for the past couple weeks means I didn't do a thing to the car, so its really not ready for the trip... atleast the things I was hoping to get fixed first.

So.... I'll take the Town Car... I still wanna see everyone... and it'll be the first time Aimee and I have some alone time in over 3 weeks :) Only a couple little details on the Town Car I need to fix, otherwise its ready to go.... plus I'll actually be bringing a car there that has the abaility to shine up nice and look presentable.

Atleast I won't be the only Lincoln, I can park right next to the Mark VIII :) It'll be cool.

Actually this kinda ruins Jonas's race and stuff..... that stinks :( But the weather just says otherwise right now.

Jonas McFeely
07-12-07, 08:30 PM
Words cannot express my disappointment and my disapproval. You sir, have just let every single member of the forum down. Even if someone says they arnt disappointed, they really are deep down inside. The video would have been legendary. But no, you have to puss out.

This is bullshit.

We WILL race. This fall/winter. By then i will be even more ready, more hungry.

You are so going down.

I'll still come to the meet, but i may be :sad:

I will still entertain with a nice smoky burnout :bouncy:. Which im sure not many have seen an '85 Brougham do.

Sig has been corrected

Night Wolf
07-13-07, 03:48 AM
I'll still race you with the Town Car if you'd like :)

Sorry to ruin it for the entire site.... they don't have to be the ones driving 6 hours in the pouring rain at 90* F with no AC/defrost..... the thought alone scares me..... heck I'd take the Isuzu before I did that.... AC cranks nice in that little truck.

Jonas McFeely
07-13-07, 08:59 AM
I'd race you if i had my Dads MX6 LS,though that really wouldnt be a fair race(for you), but not in the Brougham. Im sure you remember my "Raced a Town Car" thread. That one oddly enough was the same color as yours. It raped me.

Im still mad.

And sad.

cooncat
07-13-07, 09:16 AM
Just a reminder, the meet is next week, not tomorrow. Who knows what the weather will be, but you know Florida.

With my car, I could out smoke any of you guys, but I won't race.

Jesda
07-13-07, 10:37 AM
Jonas: I will indeed be there!

I'm going to pick up another last-minute car+flight deal on Travelocity and do some hotel bidding on Priceline. I'm going to Nashville this weekend and got a 4-star for $75/night.

http://www.fuzzylion.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/shatner_roast.jpg

THANKS, BILL!

Jonas McFeely
07-13-07, 01:28 PM
Aweosme.

Ok. Lets get an up-to-date head count:

Who all is coming? Post a reply.

Night Wolf
07-13-07, 02:53 PM
yes, it is still a week away... but its been raining alot.

I'll check the weather as it gets closer.... it would have to be no rain form the day I leave to the day I come back...

Still tho, the car needs work, and I haven't been doing anything to it, also right now I am not very inclined to do anything with it since I am probably not going to be taking it.

Night Wolf
07-13-07, 02:53 PM
Aimee and I will be there.

cooncat
07-13-07, 03:16 PM
Looks like an interesting collection of Caddy's.

I would love to see some older ones there, like from the 60's and 70's era. That would be neat.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-13-07, 05:14 PM
Jesda was supposed to drive down with me, but now that's not happening, due to time constraints.
Love lies bleeding in my hands. :(

It's not all bad though, we've still got next year's national meet, which I'm spearheading :D

And I've still got the Baconator! :chad: :highfive:

Night Wolf
07-14-07, 03:03 AM
ahhh....

So I haven't drove the Caddy in about 2 weeks, and decided to take it to the movies tonight... then look for a place to eat afterword(failed....Georgia closes at midnight)

Anyway, I really missed driving the car.... kinda makes me want to drive it to FL....

I dunno if I did decide to drive it to FL I need to do 3 things:

1) fix AC.... first put all the new components in, then get it charged up

2) basic tune up with spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, fuel filter maybe (I remember then being a pain on the Q-jet)

3) if I can't get the speedo fixed by then, then atleast wire the speed sensor to a switch so I can make the torque converter lock up. Still tho, I want the speedo to work cause then cruise control will work.

Still, I dunno... *IF* I did make it, the car woudln't be pretty as I haven't done anything to fix it up in a while, still missig the rear trim stuff (can't get it to stay on with the clips) it is still loud.... but it would be fun to drive.

ejguillot
07-14-07, 10:19 AM
I will definitely be there. BTW, does anybody around here have a contact at a dealership (or have access to a Tech 2) who could do a crank variance learn for me (for a few $)? With some luck, I'll be getting a reprogrammed PCM from AJxtcman (see the Northstar Tuning thread), and I'll need to have that done in order to use it. :highfive:

cooncat
07-18-07, 08:16 AM
Hi guys,

We've been getting some pretty heavy late afternoon storms but I think I am hearing that will be changing to the reverse summer time pattern, meaning early storms.

That morning I'm taking my baby to Ed Morse to have the a/c checked/fixed, it's not really cooling as it should.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-18-07, 11:01 PM
ill be at the meet , but i cant get acess to the tech 2 for the meet ....but uh talk at me at the meet and we shall work something out ...

ill be there , the caddy is staying home ...I have a PGR ride that morning till 2 , a young solider lost his life in alabama on a motorcycle ...he will be laid to rest in plant city ....so depending on what shape im in afterwards i might buzz stirght tot he meet or go to moms house and get cleaned up a little ...

Night Wolf
07-19-07, 02:45 AM
:( I was just in Alabama too.....

Thats the first time I ever heard you refer to your car as "the Caddy" and not Gladys..... sheesh man, what is happening to ya?!?

Too bad tho, I was hoping to see her there!

Well, its 2:30AM, I got off work 3 hours ago, time to go work on the Caddy, still not sure if I am gonna take it or not, gotta put the new A/C stuff in, then get it recharged sometime tomorrow, maybe ni FL, I dunno.... got cap, rotor, plugs and wires to throw on and I really want to wire up the torque converter switch to be operated by a button.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 03:12 AM
Man I'm mad I can't go, This meet sounds like it's gonna rock!

Jesda
07-19-07, 07:10 AM
Man I'm mad I can't go, This meet sounds like it's gonna rock!

You suck, dude.

Night Wolf
07-19-07, 07:24 AM
Well, looks like I may well be taking the Fleetwood Brougham....

its 7AM, I spent the last 5 hours working on it, got the new A/C compressor, accumulator and orifice tube up, then changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires. She runs good..... still not pretty, still loud (not in a good way) and still broken.

I am gonna see what I can do to wire the speed sensor up to a switch so the torque converter will lock up... looks like I still don't have a speedo, and I need to get the A/C system evacuated and recharged, either here or in FL..... then load up my CD's, got an MP3 CD player again.... and hit the road :)

Night Wolf
07-19-07, 08:02 AM
Now I dunno, and I want to take the Town Car.....

No cruise control stinks, I'll be putting nearly 1,000 miles on which ever car I drive this weekend. Then the other odds and ends, and the fact I would have to wait somewhere to get the A/C going.

I haven't had the time I needed to get the car where I wanted it to be for the meet.... I may just wait until the next meet when hopefully it'll be where I wanted.

I guess I'll see how I feel when I wake up in a few hours.

JNL518411
07-19-07, 10:22 AM
is this meet still on ??

ejguillot
07-19-07, 10:23 AM
Yes it is. Would you be bringing the Escalade?

Cynical
07-19-07, 12:42 PM
I plan on coming so I hope we have a good turn out.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-07, 01:18 PM
You suck, dude.

I know man, I know, I'm a terrible let down of a person.
:D

Destroyer
07-19-07, 07:01 PM
I'm gonna try and make it. I have a few last minute appointments on Saturday so lets see what happens. I'll be bringing a Lincoln anyway so no big loss if I dont make it.:eek:

Jonas McFeely
07-20-07, 09:16 AM
Hell yeah! The Sage Sled is going to be fully detailed and waxed tonight. Didnt do everything i wanted to do it, but still did a few things. Yesterday i put in some Sylvania Silverstar headlights and a new air filter. Im going to see if i can get the oil changed today. The trans had to wait(BILLS), but i think she'll be alright.

Cant wait to see everyone!

Night Wolf
07-20-07, 03:56 PM
In Florida right now :)

I have the Town Car.... kinda wish I brought the Caddy, but coming down there was really nasty, really heavy rain and it was 90* outside, that woudln't have been good.... and no cruise control, that was kind of the tip off too.

ah well, it's all good..... except for the heater core going out in the Lincoln AGAIN.... gosh I just replaced that thing a few months ago when I got the car, the steering column needs to be dropped and the entire dashboard unbolted and slid back.... I guess thats what ya get for using a crappy aftermarket replacement (O'Riely, not Advance) instead of OEM.... I was in a jamb and it was my only car at the time :(

cooncat
07-20-07, 04:04 PM
Welcome down to our fair state. The Lincoln will fit in very well with Caddy's. At least it is in the same class. I'm sorry about the rain, but it was a heavy rain here in Tampa. I'm hoping the same weather pattern continues through tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Bob

Cynical
07-20-07, 05:53 PM
Sooo what time is everyone scheduled to arrive?

cooncat
07-20-07, 06:17 PM
This party is due to start at around 6pm

Jesda
07-20-07, 07:23 PM
I have reached the peninsula of Florida.

314-322-2081

I'm staying at a [former] Doubletree near Busch Gardens.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-20-07, 07:29 PM
hope jesda realizes ill be there and that im gonna ask about lego stoney ....

Destroyer
07-20-07, 07:38 PM
So... exactly what time does the meet start and is it still at the location specified at the beginning of this thread?. Thanks. :thumbsup:

ejguillot
07-20-07, 09:17 PM
The meet still starts at 6, at the same location (Peabody's, off Bruce B. Downs in Tampa). The same weather pattern as today would be real nice for tomorrow (rain quit at 5 pm or so).

Edwin
813-735-0293

Cynical
07-21-07, 05:36 PM
Its 5:18 and I am out wesley chapel area and the rain doesnt seem to look like its going to let up anytime soon, anyone else waiting around?

Stoneage_Caddy
07-21-07, 05:43 PM
i just decided not to go .....stupid rain ...

cooncat
07-21-07, 05:45 PM
I am at home myself. This thing is suppose to start at around 6pm. I am looking at the radar on Baynews 9 and the storm pretty much covers the entire bay area and is especially bad between 75 and 275 and north of I4. This is not good. The last time we had an official meet was in April and it rained. If anything, we will get together and talk and eat and drink.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-21-07, 05:56 PM
well im still studying radar , dont count on me to be there , but ill try ...im gonna run from here to land o lakes slowly ....check radar at moms , and if clear run the rest of the way into the meet , but if im not there you all will know why ....

but if it continues to be like it is here in NPR right now itll be a great ride

Brett
07-21-07, 05:59 PM
ill be there around 6:30 ish....rain or shine

Jesda
07-21-07, 06:48 PM
Call me Brett when you get there.

314-322-2081

Ian and I are at the hotel not far from the meet location. Damn weather! Its rained every time I've been here. You all had better show up. I walked all the way from Missouri!

Playdrv4me
07-21-07, 06:55 PM
Rain? What Rain!?

Destroyer
07-21-07, 07:22 PM
Man, I just got back. Drove through the crappiest storm to get there and nobody was there!. The power at Peabody's was out, actually there was no power in the whole strip mall and everything was closed. Definately couldn't have asked for worst weather to do this. What happened to everyone?. I thought this was gonna be a big turnout.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-21-07, 07:32 PM
i gave up a little bit ago , i wont be there ....

Night Wolf
07-22-07, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Aimee and I got there late, at 6:30 and didn't see anyone there, thought we missed everyone... I thought it was gonna start 5:30-6

Then within 10mins everyone started to show up....

Good thing cause if I got there any eariler, and didn't see anyone, we woulda probably left.

It was fun, I'll have to upload the video when I get home.

Mike, what made you want to bring the Harley to the meet so much instead of take Gladys?

Playdrv4me
07-22-07, 03:46 AM
Yup, I really enjoyed the meet, much smaller turn out than last time but we actually got to LOOK at the cars which made it more fun. Peabody's is a great little spot too.

Stoneage_Caddy
07-22-07, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Aimee and I got there late, at 6:30 and didn't see anyone there, thought we missed everyone... I thought it was gonna start 5:30-6

Then within 10mins everyone started to show up....

Good thing cause if I got there any eariler, and didn't see anyone, we woulda probably left.

It was fun, I'll have to upload the video when I get home.

Mike, what made you want to bring the Harley to the meet so much instead of take Gladys?

Gladys is down with ignition trouble , really didnt want to run it all the way over till i can get time to see whats wrong ...I imagine is just the timing got upset , not sure if i tightend the hold down on the distributor after i scaled the timing back to run on 87 ...i dont drive it much anyway , 12 mpg vs 55 mpg .....prolly this saturday ill take it to work with me ....just havent had time lately at work to mess with it , lots of appointments lately ...

ejguillot
07-22-07, 07:21 PM
Destroyer,
Sorry that we didn't get there earlier, the storm really put me behind schedule. Wish you had called.

Night Wolf,
Rick, have you posted Tim's burnout video on YouTube yet? :thumbsup:

Jonas,
:worship: The Sage Green color must be worth 50 horsepower. Nice tire roast!

To all,
I had a great time at the meet, and we should have held it today, IT HASN'T RAINED AT ALL! :rant2: Stupid weather...

I say we make the next meet at the same location, the 1st saturday in November... at the same time, maybe a little earlier if the sun is setting early.

Pics will follow...

Edwin

cooncat
07-22-07, 07:50 PM
Edwin, It was great seeing you again last night. You spoke too soon, we just had another downpoor here in Temple Terrace.

It was great seeing everyone again and making new friends as well.

This afternoon I had the pleasure of experiencing the Ed Morse Roadside Assistance. What happened was I took the car to the car wash on Fowler for the 24 hour rain check rewash and the car sat in the tunnel for about 15 minutes with the lights on while they were drying off a huge truck in the lane instead of driving it out. Well, what happened was during that time, the anti-theft device activated and nobody could start the car. Apparently, when the car sits like this with the lights on, it tends to drain the battery and everything goes to hell. I remember when the battery went dead in the Monte Carlo, the same thing happened. Anything, about 15-20 minutes after I spoke to on-star the tech showed up in his black Esclade and ran the car thought all the computer diagnotics to check. Then he put the jumper cables on the car started right up. I was very impressed with their roadside assistance. What a difference. Had AAA been called, who knows what would have happened. In the meantime the manager/owner (I'm not sure who he was) was trying to tell him what was wrong with car. The Cadillac tech has over 20 years experience with Caddy's. He was not happy with the car wash guy. Anyway, the car is now fine.

I just wanted you all to about my Ed Morse experience.

The November date sounds good. Hopefully we will not have any storms and we could get many more people to come. Let's get an official tread going on this.

Bob

Night Wolf
07-22-07, 09:09 PM
Here it is:

CIx0s1Tugj0

Night Wolf
07-22-07, 09:11 PM
hmmm, I just loaded it up, maybe it takes a bit to show up.

I gotta head to work, see if it pops up on my videos thing later...

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=InoventionsEast&p=r

ejguillot
07-22-07, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/CIx0s1Tugj0 is where I saw it.

Bob, good seeing you too, and it's nice to know Ed Morse took care of you!

Destroyer
07-22-07, 10:41 PM
Damnit, I should have stayed. Really wanted to meet everyone. Been on these forums since '03 so it would have been kinda cool. Bumped heads with Nightwolf and Jonas more than once but its all in good fun and in hindsight a lot of that was my fault. Anyway, even though I didn't stick around I'm glad you guys had a good time. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-23-07, 01:15 AM
Nice burnout Jonas! I never thought I'd see a 4.1 do anything remotely close to that!

cooncat
07-23-07, 07:52 AM
Edwin,

I forgot to tell you. When I saw you leave, I noticed one of the taillights on the passenger side was out.

Night Wolf
07-23-07, 08:10 AM
Nice burnout Jonas! I never thought I'd see a 4.1 do anything remotely close to that!

Heh.... parking lot was really wet from all the rain.

Still cool tho... HT4100 sound good. We all had alot of fun.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-23-07, 07:00 PM
Where are all the meet pics? Seeing as how Jesda was there, there should be thousands of pics! :p

RocketFast321
07-23-07, 10:27 PM

A wet parking lot does help :lol:

Jonas McFeely
07-24-07, 09:06 AM
A wet parking lot does help :lol:

It was barely wet, and i have done the exact same thing on bone-dry pavement. The HT4100 can move. That burnout didnt stress it all. In correct tune it is surprisingly not that bad.

I havnt been posting because my interweb was shut off. It will be back on today for sure. ( im at work now)

I will post pics of the meet.

And also of my latest addition... a baby blue '87 Brougham! Pics of her and a story to follow in the RWD section. Its not a maybe either, shes sitting in my parking lot in front of my apartment!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-07, 11:22 AM
And also of my latest addition... a baby blue '87 Brougham! Pics of her and a story to follow in the RWD section. Its not a maybe either, shes sitting in my parking lot in front of my apartment!

Whoa! Sweet! What happened with the sage coupe?

Jonas McFeely
07-24-07, 01:46 PM
Whoa! Sweet! What happened with the sage coupe?

Im not dealing with that ass hole until he gets a clue. Im not stressing it. That car isnt going anywhere, i dont think. The guy is stubborn and dumb as a brick, so i think i have time.

I got the Brougham out of nowhere,and its beautiful! Im going to fix it and sell it. Leather is great, cold A/C, paint and top are in great shape. Runs great. It needs a total brake overhaul, new battery, and new headliner. Im going to snap some shots when i get off work and post them along with how i came about getting it. Also post the meet pics.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-07, 02:13 PM
Cool, so how does the 307 in your works stack up against the 4.1?

Jonas McFeely
07-24-07, 02:45 PM
Cool, so how does the 307 in your works stack up against the 4.1?

Havnt driven it, it just got dropped off around 12am last night. Also, it has NO brakes, and battery is dead.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-07, 07:35 PM
So Jonas, would it be a lie if someone said you bought a 307 Brougham because you didn't get to race Rick's 307 Brougham at the meet? Now you can race 'em whenever you wanna! :p

Jonas McFeely
07-25-07, 08:47 AM
So Jonas, would it be a lie if someone said you bought a 307 Brougham because you didn't get to race Rick's 307 Brougham at the meet? Now you can race 'em whenever you wanna! :p

Yeah, i was so depressed i went out and bought a 307 so i can have have my own mini races. I would dress a friend up like Rick, put them in the Brougham,and race them over and over, the whole time crying.

A friend texted me on my way home from work Monday and asked me if i wanted his Brougham for $500. The county wanted it off his property because it wasnt registered. He towed it over that evening.

The sonofabitch at Bright House Cable wont return my calls. I have it set up where he comes by and picks up the cash for the cable bill. I think my roommate said something to piss him off. Anyhoo, i should have it back on tonight, i'll just pay it over the phone with my card,which i hate doing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-25-07, 11:09 AM
Yeah, i was so depressed i went out and bought a 307 so i can have have my own mini races. I would dress a friend up like Rick, put them in the Brougham,and race them over and over, the whole time crying.

You are a funny man Jonas, truly you are.

Night Wolf
07-26-07, 01:12 AM
Yey! I feel loved :)

cooncat
07-26-07, 01:07 PM
Shall we schedule the next meet. As Edwin suggested, the first weekend in November and that would make it November 3rd. I believe that night we turn the clocks back.

How does everybody feel about going back to Peabody's as to Edwin's suggestion. I think everybody had a great time there. The parking lot is nice and empty early so we can get our beauties all together and create a nice show.

Let's just pray for nice weather the next time around.

I had a great time myself this past Saturday nite.

Bob

Brett
07-26-07, 01:47 PM
i'm in for that

cooncat
07-26-07, 02:05 PM
What time did you leave Peabody's on Saturday Brett?

Brett
07-26-07, 02:08 PM
jesda, Ian and I stayed till right around Midnight

Playdrv4me
07-26-07, 02:44 PM
Yall should have hung around, the place really picked up later in the evening. Where the hell is Jesda with the pics!! :p

ejguillot
07-26-07, 02:51 PM
I'm in for that date, time, and location too. :bouncy:

ONEBADCADDIE
03-28-13, 03:48 AM
Do these happen anymore?

TMAC2000
04-03-13, 08:23 PM
I live in Tampa and just picked up an ATS Turbo. I owned multiple German cars previously where I meet with other owners regularly. I was happy to find this forum.

ONEBADCADDIE
04-05-13, 02:54 PM
Let's try and get some people together. I live near the AFB and run a bar near UT

AdvenJack
09-26-13, 12:46 AM
Hi All, My first post here. Today we acquired a pair of 2010's - CTS Luxury Sedan and Escalade Premium ESV AWD
Both have cashmere interior, sedan is black ext and ESV is White Diamond. Any meet-ups planned for the area be-
tween Tampa and Crystal River?