: Spoiler on Caddy???

Roswell256
03-26-04, 02:30 PM
Would this spoiler HERE (http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog.asp?A=11&S=1994&idModel=240&idModelYear=1109&idProduct=319&chrYear=1994&idMakeTemp=&idModelTemp=&idB=) look to ricy? I don't think it looks that bad. But wonder what it would look like on my '94 Deville Concours??

What do you think?

-Roswell-

hcvone
03-26-04, 03:05 PM
I would not do it, but it's your car

Chuck C
03-26-04, 03:21 PM
I would not do it, but it's your car

Actually, it looks like a tasteful spoiler...no rice detected. (bias alert: I have a spoiler on my caddy...see link in my sig)

D148L0
03-26-04, 04:26 PM
Chuck's car has a different body style.

I agree with hcvone. ANY spoiler in that model of caddy looks ricer.
But you are the one that has to like it, it's your car.
There is a link somewere around here to a caddy with a complete body kit. In a weird way, I found it somehow attractive...

Budabear
03-26-04, 05:31 PM
The Seville,Eldorado and the Alante are the only Cadillacs that would look good with a rear spoiler. The body styles are sporty enough for the consideration. Any of the other cadillac are too big, too luxury, toooo....
to have a spoiler.

It wouldn't look recey on a Deville, it just plain and simply wouldn't look any good!

Night Wolf
03-26-04, 10:49 PM
yeah, even those "low profile" ones.... no, not on a DeVIlle/Brougham/Fleetwood etc... maybe a Seville or Eldo..... the back end of the car looks sweet with out it....

Pimpin_Whity
03-26-04, 11:11 PM
do whatever u want but i wouldn't put a spoiler on my car. if i had a nice sports car (not a supra) then i would think of somethin. the caddies already have perect rear ends ;) .

oildrip
03-26-04, 11:17 PM
kinda reminds me of when I see a "No Fear" sticker on the back on a Chevy Cavalier. It just dosn't belong there...IMO

Chuck C
03-26-04, 11:33 PM
kinda reminds me of when I see a "No Fear" sticker on the back on a Chevy Cavalier. It just dosn't belong there...IMO

lol!

Speedingpenguin
03-27-04, 02:03 AM
IMHO, spoilers should be kept at least 100 yards of any cadillac at all times. I dont think that ANY cadillac (well....the catera MIGHT slide in, havnt seen enough of the XLR to know for sure) looks good or normal with a spoiler.....its just not meant to be guys...haha
Again, thats just my opinion....I dont think it looks 'ricy', but i think it looks cheap and takes away from the appearance of the car (No offense to anyone who has a spoiler on their caddy or who likes them). There are certian cars that look good with spoilers, and certian cars that dont. I definatly think that the cadillac falls into the 'dont' catagory. Again, thats just my opinion.

Night Wolf
03-27-04, 09:17 AM
IMHO, spoilers should be kept at least 100 yards of any cadillac at all times. I dont think that ANY cadillac (well....the catera MIGHT slide in, havnt seen enough of the XLR to know for sure) looks good or normal with a spoiler.....its just not meant to be guys...haha
Again, thats just my opinion....I dont think it looks 'ricy', but i think it looks cheap and takes away from the appearance of the car (No offense to anyone who has a spoiler on their caddy or who likes them). There are certian cars that look good with spoilers, and certian cars that dont. I definatly think that the cadillac falls into the 'dont' catagory. Again, thats just my opinion.

I think the lip spoiler thingy on the CTS looks neat....

Budabear
03-27-04, 11:53 PM
I think the three piece spoiler on the rear of a Seville is HOT!

:lildevil: http://www.erebunicorp.com/images/autos/seville679r.jpg :lildevil:

AElayyat
03-28-04, 12:21 AM
Nothing personal man, but Caddies are not spoiler cars. If you had a Lexus or a BMW, then in that case yeah.

LacSeville
03-28-04, 12:43 AM
Hey.... I may be the queer one out here, but I like it! I really like it! I mean, it's not ricey and it adds a little sompthin to the ass. Clean looking...

Elvis
03-28-04, 12:49 AM

How about Calvin urinating on a logo or a NASCAR number?

Elvis
03-28-04, 12:50 AM
Hey.... I may be the queer one out here, but I like it! I really like it! I mean, it's not ricey and it adds a little sompthin to the ass. Clean looking...

Queer eye for the Cadillac guy... :D

knifeparty420
03-31-04, 06:41 PM
i got the 3 piece spoiler on the back of my 97 STS i think it looks good. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have one either.

MongoloidElvis
04-01-04, 02:32 PM
MAN, don't do it. Spoilers and ground effects and stuff like that just aren't for caddys. If you want to do something to make your caddy stand out get a custom paint job or drop it, don't be sucked into the rice patties, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

Pimpin_Whity
04-01-04, 06:58 PM
this is the only caddy i'd love to have with a spoiler (or without one)

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Cadillac/cadillac_ctsV_racing_manu_09.jpg

gothicaleigh
04-01-04, 08:01 PM
Spoilers look bad on any car. Hell, I'd even take it off the CTS-VR, if I had one (and that one is functional). Putting one on a Deville is absolutely a sin that should be punishable by death. :p

75pimpdeville
04-01-04, 09:20 PM
Yeah spoliers are bad ideas on cadillac

patfarrell
04-01-04, 09:56 PM
you guys might not like this but here is my spoiler and body kit on my eldorado
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/246000-246999/246381_60_full.jpg

MeanGreenCaddy
04-01-04, 11:47 PM
I have that same spoiler on the eldo. It came with it when i bought it, but i like it. I like your Bodykit too. Wish i had one.

Budabear
04-03-04, 04:39 PM
i got the 3 piece spoiler on the back of my 97 STS i think it looks good. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have one either.
:lildevil: NOW THATS'S WHAT I'M TALIN' ABOUT! :lildevil:

Post a picture if you can so we can see a close shot of how it looks. The three piece is what I'm putting on my car. That's also the only spoiler I like on the Seville.

156MPH
04-04-04, 07:33 PM
Added a CTS-V race CAR type spoiler today to the DEVILLE aka "BADDEST DEVILLE ON THE PLANET" Will post pics tommorow......The spoiler is black of course

Night Wolf
04-04-04, 11:11 PM
Wow, that bodykit on the Eldo is nice... where do you get them?

156MPH
04-05-04, 01:07 PM
I like it Wheels added soon

Caddy Man
04-05-04, 02:20 PM
PLEASE tell me thats photoshopped!!!! :helpless: :bonkers: :annoyed: :tisk: :canttalk: :confused: :suspect:

D148L0
04-05-04, 02:36 PM
I like it Wheels added soonMake those wheels at least 20" with spinners! and don't forget the "Type R" sticker... ;)

156MPH
04-05-04, 03:16 PM
18x8 black 5Zigen drilled rotors,its getting lowered too!
"BADDEST DEVILLE ON THE PLANET"

MAN DON'T BE SO HARD!

156MPH
04-05-04, 03:37 PM
try a cadillac "v" emblem.peace bro !

Msilva954
04-05-04, 06:48 PM
OMG, Damn that spoiler is big. Not my type of taste but it sort of goes with the theme of the car too. So if you like it thats all that matters.

I do like those CTSV badges though, they actually look great in my opinion.

Put some dual 3" flowmaster pipes on that baby.

Pimpin_Whity
04-05-04, 08:48 PM
156MHP, you dissapoint me :tisk: . i never thought i would give a caddy one of these......:crying:.......but.....:crying:......he re it goes :drinker

RICE CITATION

You are hereby cited for the following RICE offense(s).
It is obligatory to cite you for these offenses and suggested that you rectify the violation(s) in a timely manner.

Color: MONEY GREEN
Make: CADILLAC
Model: DEVILLE
License Plate: 156 MPH
State:
Driver: 156MPH
Date: APRIL 5, 2004
Time: 7:50PM EASTERN TIME

The above committed the following offense(s) contrary to respectable automobile modification, maintenance, and/or vehicle operation.

Vehicle Violations

Exhaust System
p Excessively large exhaust tip
p Lack of an exhaust system
p Lawnmower sounding exhaust
p Dual exhaust on 4 or 6 cylinder engine

Exterior Modifications
p Single rice windshield wiper
p Outrageous/asymmetric body kit
x Outrageous and pointless wing
x Self-applied window tint
p Ridiculous or lack of paint job
x Lame or lack of grill
p Excessive chrome trim
p Chrome/spinner hubcaps
p Stupid vanity plate
x Fake disc brakes
p Cut springs / RICE bounce
x Rims exceed value of car
p Metal oxide styling
x Other ____GREEN PAINT__________________________

Lighting System
p Excessive fog lights
p Clear and excessive corner/tail lights
p Lame neon plate frame
x Various colored bulbs
p LEDs (Tire, Nozzle, Brakes, etc.)
p Goofy scanner lights
p Lame head/tail light covers

Badge and Vinyl Applications
x Special/sports package badge (VTEC, R, ///M, etc.) on a car not so equipped
p A real sports car emblem on your POS
p Stupid advertising banner(s)
p Display of misspelled words
p Racing stripe(s)
p Visible duct tape
p Display of words in a foreign language (especially Japanese)
p Other on car not so equipped: _____________________________________________
x Got ___________STYLE___________?

Interior Modifications
p Tacky dash kit
x Stupid smelly tree on mirror
x Obscene shift knob
p Display of fire extinguisher
p Stereo exceeds value of car
p Dashboard resembles kiddy playground at McDonalds
p Other _______________________________

Driving Violations

x Speeding in residential areas
p Sorry excuse of burnouts
p Trying to race cars superior to your own slow POS
x Pretending to talk on cell phone while driving
x Failure to observe and/or comprehend traffic signs/signals
x Driving around school/parking lot _________ times
x Stopping to pick up ugly and desperate girls
p Thumping bass to mask weak engine sound
x Unable or too stupid to park between two straight lines
p Being too much of a wuss to take your racing to a REAL track/strip because you know someone with a real car will kick your ass and make you cry, so you stick to “street racing”.

Miscellaneous Violations

x Not possessing minimal IQ (70) to operate moving vehicle
p Your girlfriend is proof that your car CAN’T get girls
x Domestic RICE
p Other _______________________________

*The proper and timely correction of the above checked offense(s) is very much appreciated by your normal friends, family _members, co-workers and most of the people who saw you or your vehicle. Thank you!

Now you're not the only one giving tickets :cop:

Vesicant
04-05-04, 09:23 PM
18x8 black 5Zigen drilled rotors,its getting lowered too!
"BADDEST DEVILLE ON THE PLANET"

MAN DON'T BE SO HARD!I think the wing could work, if it was lower and was wider...

Also, the V symbol..:hmm: :tisk:

Other than that, its sweet...

--------------------

Vehicle Violations

Exhaust System
p Excessively large exhaust tip
p Lack of an exhaust system
p Loan-mower sounding exhaust
p Dual exhaust on 4 or 6 cylinder engine
Whats up with the spelling of Lawnmower? :drinker

ShadowLvr400
04-05-04, 10:49 PM
you guys might not like this but here is my spoiler and body kit on my eldorado

Hey Pat, liking your kit as well?

For the guy who asked about the kit, I have a link to sleepyvalley enterprizes on my cardomain site. I think the site is www.sleepyvalley.com As for my caddy's site, with her spoiler on! is www.cardomain.com/id/iceheart

I say the spoiler is good.

Pimpin_Whity
04-06-04, 12:11 AM
the body kit look OK on the eldo, but it makes it look too massive like a tank or something. as for the spoiler, i think it looks better without it but that's just me.

if u want a good laugh then check out the Rice-O-Roni (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10896) post in the The Cadillac Forums Lounge (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19) :)

156MPH
04-06-04, 05:41 AM
Pimpin.................great post.....funny

156MPH
04-07-04, 08:33 PM
You guys were right .Itook it off

Martialartsguy
10-01-04, 12:23 PM
I thought about putting one on my 2000 deville but it would not look right. Spoilers are really made for sports cars - not devilles. I would leave it alone. :lildevil:

juiceE
10-01-04, 02:32 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

holy f|_|ckin shit, is that car for real? the paint job is fantastic, the wheels are straight but god dam....wdf is that big ass f|_|ckin wing doing on the back of a big body ??????? :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker :drinker

the only analogy i could even think of that would fit with puttin that spoiler on that beautiful car would be : "cant turn a hoe into a house wife".

... maybe he's from bizzaro world?

juiceE
10-01-04, 02:40 PM
ohh, he took it off...my bad