: Certified STS-V

JimKathy1
04-01-07, 10:29 PM
I always buy my Cadillacs a year old, low mileage and certified and I can't seem to find many STS-V's that have been Cadillac Certified. Any idea why?

Kadonny
04-02-07, 09:16 AM
Nobody is selling them maybe?

They are rare enough cars, trying to find a used one will be very hard.

dhemrick
04-02-07, 09:45 AM
Try eBay. There are several STS-Vs on there, and some from Cadillac dealers whom I (assume?) would sell them as certified used. It wouldn't hurt to ask them about Cadillac preowned certification.

I agree, though, that these cars are rare and will not likely show up frequently at local dealers until probably a few years from now, and even then not all that frequently unless you are in a large market.

Heck... my local dealer has mostly V6 new model STSs on the lot, and only had one new Northstar V8 model in stock which I find laughable, so the idea of them having an STS-V as a certified used car seems far fetched.

Hopefully your local market is better.

Falkolade
04-02-07, 11:12 AM
I would just try to look for a leftover 06. I know at the local dealer they have two 06 sts v's left over, and they are knocking 20,000 off!!! These are being heavily heavily discounted, so you might be able to get into a new one!

harryctsv
04-02-07, 12:12 PM
I would just try to look for a leftover 06. I know at the local dealer they have two 06 sts v's left over, and they are knocking 20,000 off!!! These are being heavily heavily discounted, so you might be able to get into a new one!
You are absolutely right Falcolade, why buy a used one when you can get such a good deal on an 06.

Harry

txcadvette
04-02-07, 12:34 PM
I just purchased my '06 "pre-owned" demo at Sewell Cadillac in Dallas which I found on EBay. They offered certification for $1650. They had 2 more "pre-owned" STS-Vs there and sell them to folks all over including Hawaii!

Covert Cadillac in Austin has 2 NEW STS-Vs on the lot at $15K off list.

BarryH_GEG
04-02-07, 04:10 PM
The dealer I purchase from has a new black/black '06 with tinted windows for $57K. They're in Eastern WA. I would have bought it but, as referenced above, STS-Vs depreciate too fast for the speed at which I flip my cars. I leased a 2007 for 27 months at a great monthly payment in February and the dealer gave me silly money for my '05 SRX AWD V8 (talk about depreciation).

Kadonny
04-03-07, 08:14 PM
57k is a steal for these cars, really. The luxury and power and performance is worth more than that. If anyone is not pulling the trigger at those numbers you are crazy!

z06bigbird
04-04-07, 08:49 PM
I have found that the really fast used Caddies with LOW MILES are very difficult to find. Last year, I missed a 99 STS with 25 k miles on it (at a Lexus dealer). I turned it down by mistake.

I then went on the car.com and autotrader. I could find a ton of SLSs with low miles, a ton of STSs with HIGH miles, but no STSs with low miles.

People with the fast cars drive them a lot. They do not sell them until they have a ton of miles on them--according to my short informal non-scientific research. (I realize that I am not talking about Vs, but I believe the analogy applies.)

Ed

txcadvette
04-05-07, 12:51 AM
You just have to look around. From time to time there are really good buys on EBay and as I mentioned, Sewell has 2 more STS-Vs with varying miles and my '05 CTS-V with 13,000 miles.

z06bigbird
04-05-07, 09:24 PM
I will play on the internet this weekend, trying to locate some STS Vs. Just curious.

Ed

Jeff K.
04-06-07, 02:45 PM
I just purchased a certified 2006 STS V yesterday. I had spent 2 months looking at the "V", 550 BMW's, etc. Mine has 474 miles(that is correct, it is not a misprint)and was sold to me certified which means I have the warranty until August 2012. This dealer told me the certification costs are $1500 to them. My last STS(plain) was certified and at that time, 2002, it was, a $1000, or so they told me. So, search hard! BTW, I understand mine was used by Cadi to show at auto shows, thus the low miles.

z06bigbird
04-17-07, 08:38 PM
Before you buy a car on ebay, you better put your hands on it. Too many rip offs.

Ed

Krug Ford
04-17-07, 08:56 PM
I can get anyone a STS-V..

Certified pre-owned.

Call me if interested.

dhemrick
04-17-07, 09:02 PM
Before you buy a car on ebay, you better put your hands on it. Too many rip offs.

Ed

While I agree that the potentia for rip off is there, I am currently on my 5th car off eBay... the last being the STS-V I picked up with 1800 miles on it. I have had great luck with all of them. Some have been from dealers and some from private sellers.

The key is to look at the seller's feedback, know what the value of what you are buying, and be knowledgeable about the product so you can ask the right questions.

Not only have I bought cars on there, but also restaurant equipment, car parts, appliances for remodeling my kitchen, electronic equipment... you name it.

The only thing that ever went wrong is a warming drawer for the kitchen arrived with the glass front broken thanks to UPS. I was refunded the value of the drawer, but I lost the $20 shipping (kind of ironic actually).

As far as the cars go, it is just like buying any used car. You run the same risks as if you bought it from a private seller or a used car dealer. eBay does give you some protection when buying through them, though, if the car is misrepresented, stolen, etc.

In the end, it is all what you are comfortable with. Some people only ever buy new cars because that is what is in their comfort zone.

thefred
04-19-07, 08:27 PM

Ed
I actually did just that. I found mine on eBay and because it was at a local dealer, I was able to put my hands on it. And then I couldn't take them off.....