: Official 2008 Changes

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 10:16 PM
Well, looks like the ordering guides are up, and changes are pretty minimal for the 2008 SRX:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2008&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=4659&type=0#

Deletions
Exterior color (80U) WA-301N Infrared
(K14) Auto recirculating air filter

New Features
Exterior color (12U) WA-519Q Black Cherry
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/07cadsrxgm12wa519q_nf.jpg
Exterior color (89U) WA-505Q Crystal Red Tintcoat. Available at extra charge.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/07cadsrxgm89wa505q_nf.jpg
(PFS) 17" x 7.5" painted cast aluminum wheel. Standard on V6.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/08srx_pfs_nf.jpg

Changes
(N93) 17" x 7.5" machined-finish cast aluminum wheel. Included and only available with (PDP) V6 Luxury Collection.
New design for (NP5), (NR7) and (N31) steering wheels

And, no specific pic, but the steering wheel should be the same or very similar as what the 2008 STS is getting.

tonygxp
04-01-07, 08:55 PM
That black cherry looks nice.. I have the machined face 17's and I can't see the painted ones looking presentable in any way?? I actually orderded these in chrome (exchange) to add some flare to the wheels (I like the 18's in chrome but the ride needs to be as supple as possible this is my family hauler, i have another vehicle for the "sport" side) I feel pretty good they didn't do too much to the 08' as I hate getting the "other" year lol..

miked
04-05-07, 02:58 AM
Note that the guide says heated steering wheel, and HVAC controls (in addition to audio) on the steering wheel. My guess, too, is that it'll be similar to the STS wheel.

I'd like to see some more goodies to make it more competitive with the new Acura MDX -- Bluetooth, iPod integration (not just an aux-in), rearview camera, etc.

jmayhew
04-10-07, 10:36 AM
I'd like to see some more goodies to make it more competitive with the new Acura MDX -- Bluetooth, iPod integration (not just an aux-in), rearview camera, etc.

i hear you...
not sure if this is avialable on the 2007 but the stereo needs to read Mp3's
thats my main dissapointment with the SRX.

i think bluetooth would be a good feature to add too & the rear camera is becoming more common on luxo SUV so def a good feature...but i don't mind just the sensors.
also how bout rear heated seats.

not sure about the 2007 but hows the glove box....i know on my 06 is sucks.

i bet that red is gonna look nice...hope both are available with blk interior.

miked
04-11-07, 12:34 AM
rear heated seats would be nice . . . we actually put them in aftermarket, and they've worked out pretty well.

RANGER 66
05-05-07, 03:46 AM
I would like to see the air conditioned seats that are available in the 2007 Escalades as well.

BMBLBEE
06-09-07, 04:51 AM
I think our '07 reads mp3's

c5 rv
07-04-07, 07:53 PM
Where's the DI 3.6 with 300 HP???

Tomko
07-14-07, 02:25 PM
Another change for the 2008MY is the manner in which the gas tank sensor operates.

Here's the internal GM explanation:

Fuel Level Sending Units Revisited

Operation of a typical in-tank fuel level sending unit is based on variable resistance. As the float moves up or down according to fuel level, the resistance in the sending unit varies. This varying resistance is processed by the engine control module (ECM) and the resulting information is sent to the instrument panel cluster (IPC) for display on the fuel gauge.

In the past, the sending unit was set up so that high resistance indicated high fuel level, and low resistance indicated low fuel level.

Sulfur contaminants found in some of today’s gasolines can form deposits on the sending unit (fig. 12), resulting in higher-than-intended resistance (TechLink, Jan. 2006). The high resistance from the deposits could be misinterpreted as a high fuel level, when in fact the fuel level is low. The driver may run out of fuel, even though the fuel gauge is not indicating low or empty.
figure 12

To offset this effect, engineering has begun “flipping” fuel senders, reversing the circuitry. This means that high resistance now indicates low fuel level and low resistance indicates high fuel level. So, if deposit build-up adds to sender resistance, the gauge will err in the direction of indicating less fuel than is actually in the tank.

The “flipping” process began in the 2004 model year and continued through model years 2005-06.

These vehicles will have their fuel level sending units “flipped” for the 2007 model year.

- Cadillac XLR
- Chevrolet Corvette
- Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Pontiac Grand Prix
- Buick LaCrosse (Allure)

These vehicles will have their fuel level sending units “flipped” for the 2008 model year.

- Cadillac CTS
- Cadillac SRX
- Cadillac STS

TIP: When diagnosing fuel sender operation, it’s critical to refer to the appropriate model year information in SI, to be sure which resistance specifications apply.

TIP: GMSPO offers GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS p/n 88861011 (88861012 in Canada) which helps protect fuel sending units from contaminating deposits.

Tomko
08-02-07, 07:54 PM
GM has announced another addition to the 2008 SRX.

For 2008, SRX adds a feature that will delight Cadillac customers accustomed to high levels of service at their fingertips. SRX now features the Adaptive Remote Start system, which starts the engine, can adjust cabin temperature to personal preferences, engage the defrosters, and activate the available heated or vented seats from up to 200 feet away.

miked
08-13-07, 01:52 AM
Sooo, this seems to intimate that there may be cooled seats in 08? Or, can we take that as a typo? I haven't seen any other news releases indicating that 08 will have cooled seats in addition to heated seats.

But they'd be welcome!

c5 rv
08-14-07, 11:09 AM
Sooo, this seems to intimate that there may be cooled seats in 08? Or, can we take that as a typo? I haven't seen any other news releases indicating that 08 will have cooled seats in addition to heated seats.

But they'd be welcome!

I was just checking on that, too, since both the STS and CTS will have cooled seats as an option in 08. Maybe Cadillac figures that most SRX drivers are women and they don't want cooled seats.

ArcticAir
09-23-07, 07:39 PM
Had my 07 SRX in for oil change and the dealer had a line up of 2008 SRX's. The only thing that looks different from the 07 is the steering wheel. Its thicker and has an metal finish and the buttons are flush .

crazypaisa
11-22-07, 10:03 PM
My sister just got a 2008 Toyota Highlander Special Edition for $39,000 and the car is awesome. The interior is nice, a lot of space, Nav system/DVD/mp3 player. All leather, remote ignition, 18" wheels, and a bunch of other things.
They have to step up to the game with the newer SRXs.

v8srx
01-08-08, 11:44 PM
Getting ready to replace my 04 with an 08. Just tried to build a v8 on the web-site. Is there not a 3rd row option anymore? Cant I get the sport grill and Magnetic ride at the same time?

john07slade
01-24-08, 05:26 PM
What about the rainsense wipers? I have them on my Escalade and love them, so we know Caddy has the bits to do it. Seems like a no brainer on a CUV in that price range, even if they made it an option.

smokiejoe
01-24-08, 05:38 PM
My SRX does not have Rainsense Wipers. I had them on my '04 Envoy, and they annoyed me. The wipers would come on from time to time when I had no need for the wipers, smudging the windshield.

I am actually happy that I don't have them.

MortnCyn
01-24-08, 06:36 PM
My SRX does not have Rainsense Wipers. I had them on my '04 Envoy, and they annoyed me. The wipers would come on from time to time when I had no need for the wipers, smudging the windshield.

I am actually happy that I don't have them.If I had them, I would find someway to disconnect Rainsense wipers.

ccaats
03-14-08, 10:45 PM
My sister just got a 2008 Toyota Highlander Special Edition for $39,000 and the car is awesome. The interior is nice, a lot of space, Nav system/DVD/mp3 player. All leather, remote ignition, 18" wheels, and a bunch of other things.
They have to step up to the game with the newer SRXs.

We bought a 2008 Buick Enclave for my wife and let me tell you, it is really nice. I am looking for an SRX for myself because I like a smaller, more nimble and sportier driving vehicle. The Enclave is a cruiser and comfortable for the whole family, but not quite as nimble as an SRX. The Highlander is butt ugly and BORING. GM has stepped up with the Enclave and it has ALL of the above features that the Highlander has and more such as articulating headlights, 19" chrome wheels, DUAL exhaust, DUAL sunroof, smart slide seats, third row that's as comfortable as a minivan's (and STILL more storage behind the 3rd row than ANY other CUV. It has as much interior volume as a Tahoe, but looks MUCH sleeker and sexier. If you think the Highlander is so great, go look at a Buick Enclave!