: Newbie Question on MRC and Sport Pkg

sfarley111
03-31-07, 05:27 PM
Hi all -

I am seriously considering a 2007 SRX V8 (w/ all the goodies). It would be my first Cadillac ever. I have a question that I hope this forum can answer. I see where you cannot get the Magnetic Ride Control w/ the 20” wheel/sport package, but I am uncertain if you can or can not get it with the 18” sport package.

The SRX website let’s you “build your own” with the 18” tires/sport package, but the MRC option disappears when you select the 20” tire package. The PDF brochure says MRC "Requires Driver’s Package. Not available with SRX Sport Tire/Wheel Package”. I have read here you cannot get MRC w/ ANY sports package, but I also read that the MRC is not available with the 20” SRX Sport Tire/Wheel Package, so am I to assume (dangerous) that MRC can be had with the 18” tire/sport package?

Anyone have a definitive answer on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Farley

TSS
03-31-07, 07:18 PM
Yes. MRC available with the 18 package . Also, highly recommend MRC. Love it!

bmeup
04-02-07, 12:52 PM
I have an '07, 2wd N*, Sport Pkg w/18's, MRC and 3rd row seat trailering pkg. The car is noisier and rides more harshly than I had anticipated on rough pavement. I don't know if it is the tires in the Sport Pkg, the MRC or the 3rd row seat pkg, or a combination of all three. The good news is that on smooth pavement it feels a lot like my CTS-V, which is like being on rails. My advice is to go to a dealer and try several different set ups, and definetly drive on some rough pavement at speed. Otherwise it is a terrific car. Good luck.