: Official 2008 Changes...

BarryH_GEG
03-31-07, 03:41 PM
Deletions

- Exterior color (80U) Infrared
- (QF8) 18" 9-spoke, non-faceted polished cast aluminum wheels.
- (LY7) 3.6L V6 VVT SFI Engine
- (MX0) and (MX7) 5-speed automatic transmissions
- Eucalyptus wood trim

New Features

- (PDP) V6 Luxury Collection (1SB only)
- (PDQ) V6 Premium Luxury Collection (1SC only)
- (PDU) V8 Premium Luxury Collection (1SE only)
- (PDV) V8 Performance Collection (1SG only)
- (Y41) V6 Luxury Level Two Package.
- (Y53) Driver Awareness Package.
- Exterior color (12U) WA-519Q Black Cherry
- Exterior color (89U) WA-505Q Crystal Red Tintcoat. Available at extra charge.
- Exterior refresh, includes new grille, fender extractors, rocker panels, front and rear fascias and exhaust tips
- Interior refresh, includes center stack, door trim and new wood accents.
- (P40) 18" x 8" polished cast aluminum wheels
- New design for (PD5) 18" x 8" chrome wheel
- (UFL) Lane Departure Warning. Standard on STS-V. Included and only available in (Y53) Driver Awareness Package on STS.
- (UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert. Standard on STS-V. Included and only available in (Y53) Driver Awareness Package on STS.
- New design for (NR7) Heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel with Kinetic aluminum trim. STS-V only.
- Sapele Pommele wood in (B19) and (B20) Wood Trim Packages.
- (LLT) 3.6L V6 SIDI Engine. Standard on V6 (6DW29).
- (JL7) Enhanced 4-channel StabiliTrak with Active Steering on 1SG with AWD..
- (MX0) and (MX7) 6-speed automatic transmissions on V6.

Changes

- (PCZ) Performance Handling Package now available on 1SC and 1SG AWD.
- (UV6) Head-Up Display available without (K59) Adaptive Cruise Control on V6 and V8. Requires (YQ4) Audio system with navigation.
- (UV6) Head-Up Display now standard on STS-V.

Curious George
03-31-07, 03:52 PM
No more Infrared paint (80U)? When can we see Crystal Red Tintcoat? Is it offered on any current Cadillacs?

Onalaska
03-31-07, 09:40 PM
I can't believe they are deleting my favorite color.

caddycruiser
04-01-07, 02:11 AM
The colors really aren't that different--at least not with other revised GM models, where colors were dropped and replaced with nearly identical ones, with a new name. These are terrible little thumbnails of them on the 2008 SRX, but you get the idea:

Exterior color (12U) WA-519Q Black Cherry
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/07cadsrxgm12wa519q_nf.jpg

Exterior color (89U) WA-505Q Crystal Red Tintcoat. Available at extra charge.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/lightduty/newfeatures/07cadsrxgm89wa505q_nf.jpg

So, shouldn't be that different, at least for the red.

Jesda
04-01-07, 10:51 AM
For reference:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/102972-2008-sts-press-release-pictures.html

justgreat
04-04-07, 01:33 PM
the colors don't mean much to me (white diamond with the grey interior on my 06 sts6) but the drivetrain: lots of questions there...do we know whether the di v6 will still operate on regular gas like the current 3.6? are there any power/torque graphs available for the di 3.6? and finally do we know the ratios for the six speed tranny behind the v6 and will the 2 wheel drive version retain the 3:42 rear end?

jackg
06 stst6

05STSWOW
04-11-07, 08:33 PM
So why not a Red STS-V like the CTS-V & XLR-V? I've had three red STS's ('97, '02, & '05 STS4 1-SG) and I'm not trading up unless it's red. Thunder Grey (or whatever they call it now) looks like a US Gov't Motor Pool color.

dhemrick
04-11-07, 10:32 PM
I agree. I have a beautiful black STS-V with the black and red interior, and love the color, but when I drove up in that car, the first question everyone asked was "What? It's not RED!" If they made a red one, I would have bought it. However, I completely understand because red is a polarizing color for people, especially on a large Cadillac.

All my former cars and trucks have been red, including my red 78 Eldorado Biarritz and red 02 Eldorado ETC collectors series (I had to hunt for that one because they only made 532 red ones). It is taking some getting used to not having a red Cadillac, but hey... it's an STS-V.... I can adjust and it looks damned good in black. :)

justgreat
05-25-07, 08:18 AM
so...does anyone know what the ratios will be in the six speed? and will the final drive remain a 3:42?

jackg
06 sts6

justgreat
05-25-07, 08:25 AM
and another question: will the di 3.6 require premium grade fuel?

i must say that the dropping of the port injected 3.6, especially if the di is engineered and mapped for premium grade fuel, is a mistake. one of the great selling points for the 3.6 is the great performance that is attainable from 87 grade fuel...hopefully, the di version will have "fuzzy logic" ignition mapping to allow the maximum performance out of both reg and premium.

jackg
06 sts6

Force-1
05-25-07, 02:16 PM
A Notable Feature of the 2008 Cadillac CTS

Fuming over the price of premium-grade fuel? How about 300 horsepower on regular-grade gas? That's what the top version of the 2008 Cadillac CTS V-6 promises thanks to GM's take on high-pressure direct injection, the latest wrinkle in the quest for power and economy. Lots of rivals use gasoline direct-injection system, but few claim to deliver maximum performance on 87-octane fuel instead of 91- or higher-octane premium.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/2008-cadillac-cts.htm

justgreat
07-11-07, 10:18 AM
it's great and should be no surprise that the engineers designed the v6 to operate on 87. caddy has been doing that for a while now. it is true that when the sts came out, they went back to premium grade for the 4.6 but i suspect that was more to differentiate between the 6 and the 8.

actually, the use of 87 for the di 3.6 is simply a matter of design engineering. either 87 or 91/93 can be engineered for any engine. for absolute performance both in numbers and flexibility, using 91/93 is preferred...but in the real world, every day driving realm you would never notice the difference between an engine designed for 87 or 91/93.

jackg
06 sts6

dwight.j.carter
07-30-07, 05:23 PM
Any word on if the Northstar is going to become direct injected ?

Jesda
08-04-07, 07:10 AM
Any word on if the Northstar is going to become direct injected ?

There are no rumors or any info about updates to the Northstar. I think it will be replaced by the V12.

RedGalant2k1
09-20-07, 04:11 AM
I just saw a 6lug (yes 6x115mm) Cadillac STS Sport, it was NOT a STS-V.

It was at Don Massey Cadillac in Plymouth, MI.

lreddiablo
09-21-07, 12:29 AM
Ok, so for the changes to the '08 STS. As far as I can tell it does not have a built in hard drive or nav traffic, or dvr of the xm radio like the new cts. Is this the case? Why would they skimp on the higher-end STS? I'm also waiting for built in HD radio. Let's see how many years it takes them to integrate that. I'm not impressed at all by the changes. I just got a deal on a fully-loaded '05!

Jesda
09-26-07, 03:38 AM
The car is being retired soon, so Cadillac is no longer interested in investing in it.

STSOB2008
03-07-08, 05:58 AM
Brand new owner of a 2008 STS V6 with all wheel drive. (Anyone aware of this? Cadillac has done a piss-poor job of marketing this fact.) One week, 1000 miles driven - really nice car. Averaging 24mpg on 87 octane - very happy about that. Comfortable, handles well, excellent engine and tranny. Now the gripes...broke my key after two days and subsequently, inevitably, lost the fob. 2 hours on the phone with on star, $35 parking ticket, $240 tow, $170 key replacement and the audacity to charge another $50 to program it. OUTRAGEOUS. The keyfob design is so poor that they need to redesign it, period. Also, be electing to forgo the Nav system I cannot get an iPod hookup - this is simply a stupid oversight. Honda Civics come with aux inputs for pete's sake.

Onalaska
03-07-08, 09:15 AM
Doesn't the 2008 have the aux inputs in the center console like the 2005 does?