: 07 SRX issues

blackedoutcadi
03-31-07, 02:04 PM
Hi, just joined, 1st thread 5th Cadi. I'd like someone to help me, step by step with the DVD bypass?? Also, has anyone seen the HORRIBLE reflection in the side mirrors on the new 07? I have emailed the dealership and Cadillac, no responses. Does anyone's Cadi roar loudly at idle? I have had this only a week and already it's been to the dealership for a rough ride over 65... they balanced all four tires & it STILL rides rough at 70-80... anyone know what that's about? Is there a way of taking the mileage off the dash? POOR clock choice, bad placement of the temp, (the mirrors) this DVD thing, and does anyone really use those change slots??? Other than that this 07 SRX V-8 AWD is AWESOME!!

urbanski
03-31-07, 02:05 PM
thanks for saying hi.
the Lounge is just for that...
questions belong in the proper forum for your vehicle. moved here.

edit: pics!

sgilbert
03-31-07, 04:21 PM
Haven't had any of your problems with my '04 V8 AWD.

As for the DVD bypass, it cannot be done on any SRX after mid-'05 models. Sorry.

c5 rv
03-31-07, 04:41 PM
Welcome. I'm sorry your awesome SRX has so many problems. I wish I understood what you meant by some of them, though:

- Horrible reflection in side mirrors? Please describe.
- Taking mileage off the dash? Don't know what you mean here.
- Poor clock choice? Please be more specific.
- Bad placement of the temp? Did the 07 temp move from the DIC to the mirror like most other GM vehicles?

blackedoutcadi
03-31-07, 05:52 PM
Ok, as I said, 1st time visitor.... the things I'm complaining about ARE small, BUT..the reflection is a huge problem. I don't know, but will figure out how to post a picture. The clock is a analog, the temperature is down by the "D" and the speed, I'd rather it be nearer the clock. The mileage, I would like to get it off my information screen, which shows the mph, & temp & gear your in.
Too bad about the DVD, thanks for the info though. I just got home & the vibration in the seats at 71-82 is so bad you'd think you were in a massage chair. My water is sloshing all over the place.........

blackedoutcadi
03-31-07, 05:53 PM
It would be nice is someone could tell me how to post a picture.... I'd like everyone to see the reflection problem. We tinted the windows thinking that would help, then we tried 2 sizes of stick on mirrors. NO GO

sgilbert
03-31-07, 07:22 PM
As you have Michelins on your V8, I'd go to a Michelin dealer and have them checked out. Sounds like you have a broken steel belt in, at least, one tire.

Exactly what is reflecting in the side mirror(s)? Perhaps either toning down the culprit, or changing seat positions will help.

c5 rv
03-31-07, 08:14 PM
When adding a reply, scroll down a bit to find the button named "Manage Attachments". Click it and it will lead you through. Small pics, please.

Tom Wheeler
03-31-07, 09:52 PM
I have a 07, and the reflection he is talking about are from the brushed finished outboard dash air vents. This bugged me at first as well, but got used to it rather soon and really don't notice it as much any more. As for the analog clock, you can also have the time digital displayed all the time as part of the radio display. Now for the mileage display, using the DIC controls, you can display many different items, or nothing at all, your salesman should have run you though the system. In any case take a look at your manual and it will run you though the Driver Information Center (DCI).
Like you said these are small little disapointments, like I think a vehicle such as a Cadillac would have two sunvisors on each side with sliders to help block the sun. This little lack of detail and funtion has bugged me the most, but I still like my SRX very much.

Have those tires checked out by a Michelin dealer, and then sit back and enjoy your new SRX...

Tom Wheeler

robhersch
04-01-07, 09:06 AM
Hi, just joined, 1st thread 5thAlso, has anyone seen the HORRIBLE reflection in the side mirrors on the new 07?
.......for a rough ride over 65... they balanced all four tires & it STILL rides rough at 70-80... Other than that this 07 SRX V-8 AWD is AWESOME!!

My guess is the reflections are due to the "new VW style trim improvements"; my 05 SRX N*V8 with the "old ebony interior" suits me fine.
On placement of readouts, do you have NAV? My opine: too many concurrent clocks/ info readouts tend to provide "info overload" to a driver who needs to watch the road & traffic.
On the bumpy ride, do you have MRC?; what are your size & type wheels, tires, and pressure??; FYI my OEM Michelin 18" at ~34 psi present no ride problems at freeway & a bit above speeds; poor tire balancing and - I also would guess that - tire aspect ratios under 45 could make for increased roughness.
Good luck, hate to see an AWESOME SRX with an unhappy owner.

blackedoutcadi
04-01-07, 01:20 PM
Ok, we've got another appointment at our favorite Cadillac service & we'll have them check the tires again, the roar, etc. I have forwarded the pictures, I hope they're small, I didn't see that option. Also, the tires are...factory 20" Goodyear RS-A P255/50R20, pressure 33. We have the SRX-4 which has a sport package so we have the analog clock, the DIC didn't help the mileage either, thanks to all for their input.

c5 rv
04-01-07, 03:02 PM
Wow, those are annoying reflections. Polarized sunglasses may help quite a bit. My MKZ has the tan interior and even though the dash pad is darker, it still has a lot of reflection in sunlight. Polarized glasses make a big difference.

urbanski
04-01-07, 04:23 PM
wow thats horrible

john d
04-01-07, 04:56 PM
With the anti-glare material used on the instrument panel it would seem that the chrome trim got past the more astute designers.
That said, it looks as thought the mirrors are positioned for a view too far inboard and upward than how I like to position mine.
These pictures seem to reflect the sides of the vehicle and the sky.
Wonder how the reflection would be minimized if the mirrors were tilted outward to not include the side of the SRX with more of the road and downward to see less of the sky?

tonygxp
04-01-07, 08:46 PM
where the heck are you sitting? up into the dashboard? I have an 07' and am only 5'9" (wife is 5'4") and we have nothing like that (I am tinted btw)... that is really odd... and another piece of info, I have 255/50R20 RSA's on my TBSS and they are pretty quiet (7k mi on them so far) at 36psi, but like all Goodyear tires the flat spots are horrible when they sit, worse in the cold, something even my little 17" SRX RSA's do as well. usually after a 1.4 mi or so they straighten out... only complaint though..

robhersch
04-02-07, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the photos.
My interesting observations: the driver side vent reflection mostly appears in the OEM mirror with less in the small spherical add-on, and note that the reflection also extends below the mirror surface!?! And strangely the passenger side reflection appears over more than the whole external mirror!?! Taken together, I would conclude that either: 1) the reflections shown are from the front door windows and not the mirrors (try viewing and photographing with front door windows down), or 2) a good photo shop overlay.
I would suggest: 1) having both outboard vents powder-coat finished with either flat or semi-gloss with the same color as the surrounding dash may be a good solution, or 2) having an anti-reflective coating added to the ... inside .. of the front windows.
Good luck in finding a solution that corrects your problem.

fg3
04-02-07, 08:54 AM
We have an '07 V6 SRX4 and have noticed the following:

The reflection in the mirrors form the chrome trim surrounding the side vents.

The vibration in the ride... this is the only REAL concern. I haven't identified a specific speed range, but sometimes the vibration is really bad. You can feel it through your whole body and even see it when you look at the rear headrests in the rear view mirror. btw, we have the following tires: P235/65R17 front, P255/60R17 rear - Goodyears.

Anyone else notice the vibration/had it fixed???

blackedoutcadi
04-02-07, 10:23 AM
I agree about the vibration, as stated. It will be at Crest Cadillac tomorrow & I will let you know what we find. The pass mirror is correct in the view, the driver's well.... I was driving (less than 15mph)... so it may appear off view alittle. Yes, that's correct about the flat spot on these tires WOW! I failed to mention that this was a V8, but it seems the 07 SRX4 are the same with their small problems. More on Wed. thanks!

blackedoutcadi
04-02-07, 12:22 PM
updated picture, SITTING in the road so one can see my view, my sitting angle as well.

sgilbert
04-02-07, 02:09 PM
That reflection is on the window, NOT the mirror. The vent needs to be replaced, by Cadillac, with a re-designed one. That assumes, of course, that they conceed that the problem exists. Enough owners complaining would do the trick, I'd hope.

tonygxp
04-02-07, 02:13 PM
I will take some pics of mine, maybe I'm blind I do not have any reflections in my windows from any angle? are you guys tinted? before I put the tint on I didn't notice that either? strange?

blackedoutcadi
04-02-07, 04:22 PM
The reflection was there before the tint. We thought the tint would help, but no. Also, we've tried 2 sizes of stick on mirrors. Yes, we know that the reflection is on the glass, but it obstructs the mirrors. The more sunny the worse it is. We agree it's the chrome, but the vent itself actually is involved. It's like one of those 3D posters, you have to re-adjust your eyes... which isn't good driving. The vibration in the steering wheel seems to be @ 55... then it takes on a whole new meaning at 72-80+.

tonygxp
04-02-07, 08:20 PM
alright everyone in this thread sucks, I to have this reflection, although I have NEVER NOTICED THIS UNTIL READING THIS....I look right past it, price of a beautiful new interior, one I will take gladly over the older one..

fg3
04-02-07, 09:36 PM
To me the reflection is a minor annoyance.

The real problem is the vibrating ride.

Anyone else have / resolved this?

Ours is going in tomorrow to see what they can find.

I'll post re: our experiences getting it resolved.

leeclapp
04-03-07, 08:22 AM
I complained about this same issue back in January on this forum, and then I went to Cadillac corporate---whom said that the dealer had a 'fix' for it. Well, guess what, the dealer did not have a clue as to what the fix was---nor would they call Cadillac (to the 800 number that I provided) to find out the resolution......and so now I am back to square one. Maybe, if enough of us complain they will issue new trim rings in the same color as the dashboard. Lee Clapp Fort Myers, Florida

Fyreman235
04-03-07, 10:22 AM
Is that aftermarket tinting? Might be installed wrong, or a bad choice that reflects too much inside light. Tinting should reflect from the outside but not inside. If it is factory tinting, you have a valid complaint to the dealer.

fg3
04-03-07, 05:24 PM
the dealer did not have a clue as to what the fix was---nor would they call Cadillac (to the 800 number that I provided) to find out the resolution......

Time to find a new dealer, imo.

tonygxp
04-03-07, 08:20 PM
Is that aftermarket tinting? Might be installed wrong, or a bad choice that reflects too much inside light. Tinting should reflect from the outside but not inside. If it is factory tinting, you have a valid complaint to the dealer.

says it was there before the tint...

fg3
04-04-07, 01:17 PM
Just heard from my dealer... it turns out one of my tires was bad and apparently it has been replaced. Hopefully this takes care of the vibration issue. I'll let you all know once I've driven it.

donjumpsuit
04-04-07, 01:44 PM
alright everyone in this thread sucks, I to have this reflection, although I have NEVER NOTICED THIS UNTIL READING THIS....I look right past it, price of a beautiful new interior, one I will take gladly over the older one..

So anyways, this happened to me, upon reading the "Vibration in the driver side door when the stereo is loud" post.

Now i pay attention to this vibration constantly, if i never read the post, i probably would have dismissed it.

blackedoutcadi
04-05-07, 06:31 PM
We were told by the dealership that we had a "bad" tire, (humm why didn't the dealership we purchased from find that last week -- remember my car is only 3 weeks old) that was replaced, they were balanced, and it seems to be a little better. Still vibrations at 40, you can feel it in the seat, right side...unsure about the 70-80 range. But the BEST THING was that the dealership acutally had a corporate guy down and they showed him the reflection & he said " oh, this has gotta be dealt with"... so maybe the 2009 dash won't be an issue. That's it really, the reflection of the sun onto the dash, reflects the vent in the mirror... good Lord! (Col. Mustard in the billard room...... haha!

c5 rv
04-05-07, 08:41 PM
But the BEST THING was that the dealership acutally had a corporate guy down and they showed him the reflection & he said " oh, this has gotta be dealt with"...

Maybe they'll send you a can of flat black spray paint?

tonygxp
04-05-07, 10:43 PM
Maybe they'll send you a can of flat black spray paint?

I am not changing mine, I don't care about the reflection and I'll tell you this... If I bring my car into the dealer for something and get it back with some F'd up vents due to some BS recall I'm kickin someone's ASS!!!:thepan:

airbalancer
04-06-07, 06:53 AM
We were told by the dealership that we had a "bad" tire, (humm why didn't the dealership we purchased from find that last week -- remember my car is only 3 weeks old) that was replaced, they were balanced, and it seems to be a little better. Still vibrations at 40, you can feel it in the seat, right side...unsure about the 70-80 range. But the BEST THING was that the dealership acutally had a corporate guy down and they showed him the reflection & he said " oh, this has gotta be dealt with"... so maybe the 2009 dash won't be an issue. That's it really, the reflection of the sun onto the dash, reflects the vent in the mirror... good Lord! (Col. Mustard in the billard room...... haha!

2009 dash :thepan: SRX is off the market after 2008

fg3
04-06-07, 07:45 AM
Wow. We were told we had a 'bad' tire as well. They put a new tire on the right front. We drove the car 500 miles from Cincinnati to Atlanta last night and it still vibrates. It comes and goes, even on a a consistant road surface with the cruise set at 80. I'm thinking it must be a balance issue. I bet with the staggered tire sizes front/back rotating at different speeds that the off-balanceness gets in / gets out of sync causing the vibration to come and go. I'm going to try to get a dealership down here to check it out / balance the tires again.

Any thoughts?

blackedoutcadi
04-06-07, 08:02 AM
We've already blacked out the chrome vents.... the actual slats still show. No, the dealership hasn't helped on that AT ALL, we just wanted suggestions on what could reduce the glare. We have tried everything thinking on our own. Today, we're covering them up with a flexable flat black plastic. That will do the trick! I'll post a picture when we've finished. Now, this is OUR problem, I understand, but it's nice to get other owners input on their problems as well. Thanks.
Onto another topic: are these 07 SRX4 supposed to have a cargo net? Is there anyway to get the back to raise WITHOUT pushing the keyfob button? Is there a "trunk" button somewhere? I can only open it with the keyfob???

leeclapp
04-06-07, 02:52 PM
I just received a call from Cadillac and they stated that I can take the SRX to a different dealer (their body shop) and they will 'tint' the chrome around the air outlets and the center stack (so that it matches) to a flat black, for the nominal charge of around $100. Other than that fix, nothing else is forthcoming from Cadillac...............Lee Clapp

n7don_srx
04-06-07, 06:53 PM
Is there anyway to get the back to raise WITHOUT pushing the keyfob button? Is there a "trunk" button somewhere? I can only open it with the keyfob???

Haven't found anything but the keyfob button and outside mechanical latch handle. I use the later most of the time. I found the keyfob button had to be held for several seconds before it activated. Occasionally I'll use the button located on the left-hand bottom edge of the hatch door for power closing.

blackedoutcadi
04-07-07, 11:47 AM
Update on this vents..... this isn't as bad, but when the sun is out, there is still the reflection. Onto plan #5.
About the cargo net... we just asked for one & our salesman shipped it to the house, there was never a talk of buying one, we wanted it. Now, how the hell does fit on? I guess with my CTS and CTS-V I was just used to reaching down & puching the truck release on the driver door. This keyfob being the only way(other than the back)... I don't like it.

john d
04-07-07, 12:35 PM
Could mount the mirrors on the fenders two feet forward of the windshield like my 57 Ford. IMHO those mounting spots were better anyway as I didn't have to take my eyes so far off the road to glance at them AND there was a wider view that covered the "blind spot" negating the need for those pesky stick-on wide angle dental mirrors.
Retro styling is hot these days!

tonygxp
04-07-07, 09:35 PM
I always close the hatch with the button on the SRX itself, I too am annoyed that there isn't a button to depress for the hatch to open anywhere in the car... also, the fuel door?? it took me 5 minutes to stop looking for the release lol... of course, as a man, I couldn't open the book and read it, but after thinking about it it's not a bad idea, something every car mfr should have done a long time ago so the gas attendant doesn't have to knock on the wdw asking you to "pop" the door open!!

jdanek
04-09-07, 05:11 PM
Update on this vents..... this isn't as bad, but when the sun is out, there is still the reflection. Onto plan #5.

Wow, the blacked-out trim looks great. I'm going to do the same. Do you have any details on the type of paint they used?

I called Cadillac support today to complain about the vent reflections. I figured it was a waste of time but wanted to give it a go. Well, after checking their database and consulting with a couple technicians the support guy claims I was the first person to complain about this :helpless:. Their recommendation was to contact my dealer to see if they could address the issue.

My dealer said they would contact the "brand quality representative" to see what could be done. At this point I'd be happy just to have them split the cost of having the trim painted black.

John

blackedoutcadi
04-10-07, 12:09 PM
Thanks! Don't count on the dealership to do anything about the vents. And DON'T pay them anything. We went to Lowe's and bought Rust o leum Professional Grade spray paint in FLAT BLACK. We thought it looked good too, but you can still see the slats.... what to do about that??

blackedoutcadi
04-23-07, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the delay, computer problems. Ok, this is what we've put up to block the sun & WOW what a difference! It's amazing, I don't notice it, can't see it, doesn't interfere with my line of sight, isn't noticeable from outside, works for me perfect. Now, if I can just get the vibration out of the ride.... it's better with the new tire & balancing, but not 100%.

leeclapp
04-25-07, 09:26 AM
Two questions please---did you paint them while on the vehicle or remove and paint?? Secondly, did you also paint the center stack to match?? Thank you, Lee Clapp Fort Myers, Florida

blackedoutcadi
04-25-07, 12:20 PM
Hi, we took off the actual metal vent. We obtained how to do this from the dealership. No, we left the center... but we're thinking of painting it too. Did you click on the pictures to see what we added to totally make the reflection disappear in the line of sight?