: Just picked up my "new" Lincoln Town Car

JRau
03-31-07, 01:53 AM
Well, for the second time in my life, I'm a Lincoln owner. This one's a 1997 Town Car Signature Series in Vibrant White with a Cordovan leather interior. Looks, smells, and drives new at 34,000 original miles. Always garaged, all receipts--even every oil change. Plus I have known the owners for the past 7 years. I had lots of fun programming all the electronic gadgets tonight (radio, keyless entry, memory seat/mirrors, and integrated garage door).

Here's a few pics from a month ago: http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/JRauCDM/Lincoln%20Town%20Car/DriversSideRearView.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/JRauCDM/Lincoln%20Town%20Car/Frontseatingarea.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/JRauCDM/Lincoln%20Town%20Car/Rearseatingarea.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/JRauCDM/Lincoln%20Town%20Car/Engineview2.jpg

I enjoyed driving my Brougham home from the Chicago area (where my new job is) to buy the Lincoln today. The Brougham will sit in a climate controlled garage until the upcoming National Meet in Des Moines, Iowa coming up in May!

JRau

Lord Cadillac
03-31-07, 02:00 AM
Very nice.. Another car I'd love to own one day...

Pckstude
03-31-07, 02:11 AM
Very nice car.

JRau
03-31-07, 02:16 AM
Very nice.. Another car I'd love to own one day...

Sal,

You'll see me on the Lincoln site now, as well as here. Thanks for the compliment.

JRau

Cadillacboy
03-31-07, 09:11 AM
The car is a lovely one but the new owner is much greater person (Jrau)
I am happy for you and enjoy your car ;)

c5 rv
03-31-07, 09:25 AM
Congrats on the new ride. LOL I think there are more Lincoln posts on cadillacforums than on lincolnforums.

JRau
03-31-07, 09:28 AM
Congrats on the new ride. LOL I think there are more Lincoln posts on cadillacforums than on lincolnforums.

Yeah, what's up with that? :confused: Oh, well.

JRau

Benzilla
03-31-07, 10:12 AM
It's nice, but I see way more White Town Cars on the road than Antelope Firemist Broughams. The Brougham stands out more.

I like the interior, but when I'm driving down the road, I want to know I won't be mistaken for anybody else.

JRau
03-31-07, 12:44 PM
It's nice, but I see way more White Town Cars on the road than Antelope Firemist Broughams. The Brougham stands out more.

I like the interior, but when I'm driving down the road, I want to know I won't be mistaken for anybody else.

I hear you, and for the 15 days the Brougham was in the Chicago area, I got compliments from all walks of life and creeds. And that is one of the reasons I want the Lincoln to be my daily driver in the Chicago area. Since it doesn't attract as much attention, I am less susceptible to vandals and thieves, and that's a good thing. Plus, it's a little trimmer, and should be easier to park and not get door dings.

Don't get me wrong, I will have a really difficult time parting with Brougham if it winds up that I really have to get rid of it.

JRau

77CDV
03-31-07, 04:04 PM
JRau,

Congrats on the new TC! She looks pristine. I love the way they ride, so comfy. Great, durable car that'll last for eons. Nice choice for a daily driver.

Craig

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-31-07, 07:38 PM
Congrats John! That thing is beautifiul! The 90-97 Town Cars are excellent luxury cars, better than the deVilles in some respects, and you will not find a smoother riding car from that era! And like Craig said, a great daily driver luxury car, perhaps better than the Brougham Were you able to keep both cars?

gary88
03-31-07, 08:33 PM
Congrats, looks nice! That engine bay is unbelievably clean for a '97.

You're in Downers Grove now? I'm 10 minutes away in Lemont.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-31-07, 08:36 PM
That red leather is really starting to grow on me. Burgundy leather is the red I don't like, not the medium red you have.

Jonas McFeely
03-31-07, 09:34 PM
My friend had a 97 Town Car with the blue/green changing paint.It was stolen,all windows smashed and driven into a lake...

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 09:42 PM
My friend had a 97 Town Car with the blue/green changing paint.It was stolen,all windows smashed and driven into a lake...

Okay....

Very, very nice car, and clearly a well taken care of example. I can appreciate the quality and durability of Town Cars, it just still comes down to the too common, etc. factor for me--even though that does have it's benefits.

They definitely had much better constructed and layed out interiors than the full size GM cars of the same time, and were also a bit more refined as well, however.

Good luck with it:thumbsup:

Jesda
03-31-07, 11:59 PM
Wow, that car's had an easy life!

JRau
04-01-07, 01:04 AM
Congrats, looks nice! That engine bay is unbelievably clean for a '97.

You're in Downers Grove now? I'm 10 minutes away in Lemont.

Thanks for the compliments. Funny thing, the lady paid me to detail her car in September--I got $200 for the work. The engine was in good shape, just dusty at the time. She had driven the car about 10 miles since September. She was actually starting to let me drive it about once a month or so on nice days to keep it "exercised." She had another car that she used for her daily driver-- a 2007 Toyota convertible.

Yeah, I work in Downers Grove during the week, then home to Newton, Iowa on weekends until the kids finish school and we get the house ready for selling. Maybe we can meet up and have dinner somewhere--I've been hitting some of the famous restaurants in the area. 96Fleetwood's not that far away either in downtown Chicago.

Not looking forward to driving in 30 mile/hr. winds for 5 hours tomorrow....

JRau

JRau
04-01-07, 01:12 AM
Congrats John! That thing is beautifiul! The 90-97 Town Cars are excellent luxury cars, better than the deVilles in some respects, and you will not find a smoother riding car from that era! And like Craig said, a great daily driver luxury car, perhaps better than the Brougham Were you able to keep both cars?

Thanks, Chad! It really rides very smoooooth. It's quieter than the Brougham is, probably due to it being newer and having the radius cornered doors rather than the exterior rain gutter. Took it to the Des Moines Symphony tonight with my 14 yr. old violinist son and my wife--enjoyed every minute of the ride. It's got every option on it except for heated seats and the moonroof.

I'm workin' on the wife about keepin' the Brougham. Like you are dealing with right now, I have to assess if I really have the money for a "Sunday Only" type car that the Brougham would become. We may not be able to afford the extra insurance in the Chicago area, nor will we necessarily be able to afford garage space for the Brougham either. I got 3 boys--2 of whom are soon heading to college, and that takes some $$$. If I wind up selling it, I will start during the big Nat'l. meet in May in Des Moines.

JRau

Destroyer
04-01-07, 04:20 AM
You are not kidding, I posted at the lincoln forums (wife got a Mark VIII) and have not had one response. Its cool that Caddy guys are into Lincolns as well. Anyway, JRAU that Lincoln looks killer condition wise and mileage wise but seriously bro, your Brougham is more distinctive and much more modifiable (incase that matters to you). I would not give up the Brougham for it but it would be cool to own both. :thumbsup:

Sandy
04-01-07, 03:25 PM
JRau, I saw you on the Town Car Board ! I've been there since '03.
Nice car you got. Good luck with it.
I post over there, as here, as "Sandy" mostly on the 2003-2007 section.
Did you see the guy over there with 310,000 miles on his '96 T.C.? He claimed never having engine work. But many sets of brakes.
Again, safe miles - many smiles!! :)

Sandy
04-01-07, 03:50 PM
DESTROYER

Try here:- http://mark8.org/lod/

That's were I hung out when I had my 1998 Mark 8 Collector's Edition.

I think pics of it are still up on there. License plate (New Jersey) was

LAST MK

96Fleetwood
04-01-07, 07:46 PM
You have my number JRau... give me a call sometime and we can meet up when our schedules permit. I live in the River City building can't miss it if you take 290 into the city.

The TC is nice, but believe me.. that will get just as much attention as the Brougham in the Chicagoland area. I fear I will be buying something very cheap and ugly soon to drive to the hospital...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-07, 08:09 PM
The TC is nice, but believe me.. that will get just as much attention as the Brougham in the Chicagoland area. I fear I will be buying something very cheap and ugly soon to drive to the hospital...

Bad attention?

Destroyer
04-02-07, 12:49 AM
DESTROYER

Try here:- http://mark8.org/lod/

That's were I hung out when I had my 1998 Mark 8 Collector's Edition.

I think pics of it are still up on there. License plate (New Jersey) was

LAST MK
Sandy, I like you. I disagree and fight with you at times but I still like you. Thanks for link, seems there are many guys like me there that like to modify their cars. I dont know how much I will modify the wifes Mark VIII but if it proves to be a good car I will purchase one for myself as well and the forum you linked me too seems like it will be invaluable. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Jonas McFeely
04-02-07, 01:36 AM
JRau, I saw you on the Town Car Board ! I've been there since '03.
Nice car you got. Good luck with it.
I post over there, as here, as "Sandy" mostly on the 2003-2007 section.
Did you see the guy over there with 310,000 miles on his '96 T.C.? He claimed never having engine work. But many sets of brakes.
Again, safe miles - many smiles!! :)

When i worked at the auction,i remember seeing a '91 or '92 Town Car with 325k on it,it ran ok,but everything else was long gone.

We also got a '93 Chevy Lumina with 565k on it,it was nuts.

Benzilla
04-02-07, 01:38 AM
Who could drive 565,000 miles in a Lumina? lol.

Jonas McFeely
04-02-07, 01:41 AM

A very miserable sad sad man. Ive driven a couple,theyre not all that bad.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-07, 01:42 AM

Traveling salesman probably.

gdwriter
04-02-07, 03:45 PM
Who could drive 565,000 miles in a Lumina? lol.My sentiments as well. Those godawful things were not worthy of the Bowtie.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-07, 04:49 PM
Those godawful things were not worthy of the Bowtie.

Well maybe an LTZ with the 3.8 and the floor shift/bucket seats, but that's it. All others suck, and I oughta know, my dad's had a base '97 model for 9 years now.