: Seek/Scan Radio Controls on Steering Wheel

VelocitySTSV
03-30-07, 08:08 PM
With the heated steering wheel in the STS V, Cadillac conveniently removed the scan funtion for the radio stations ie.. when you hit the button on the steering wheel to change the radio channels, it searches for all channels rather than through your preprogramed stations. Has anyone found a way to change the function of this button?

Kadonny
04-02-07, 09:20 AM
Ummmmmm, mine scans through the preprogrammed stations. The outermost right hand button does both. If you press up on it, it scans all stations. If you press down on it, it scans only your preset stations. Thats why the button is labeled "1-6" on the bottom of it, it scans your 6 preset stations.

Berger 93
04-02-07, 02:59 PM
Ummmmmm, mine scans through the preprogrammed stations. . . . Thats why the button is labeled "1-6" on the bottom of it, it scans your 6 preset stations.

Really! Damn I must pay more attention driving mine! :bulb:

VelocitySTSV
04-03-07, 09:38 AM
Mine doesn't have that 1-6 button.. weird. Do you have the heated steering wheel? The dealer informed me that with the heated steering wheel, that other function was eliminated.

dhemrick
04-03-07, 12:12 PM
Mine doesn't have that 1-6 button.. weird. Do you have the heated steering wheel? The dealer informed me that with the heated steering wheel, that other function was eliminated.

Mine is an 06 with the heated steering wheel. It does not have the 1-6 function. The scan button does a seek up or down and has a +/- printed on it.

Actually, I prefer this over the one in my old Eldorado which scanned the presets, but then again that is user preference. I agree that this should be a configurable option.

VelocitySTSV
04-03-07, 03:32 PM
Sounds like they must have corrected this on the 2007 models. Great, now I have to trade mine in..

Kadonny
04-03-07, 08:09 PM

w00t! 07 guys are the winners! Kidding, kidding :thumbsup:

Yes, I have the heated steering wheel and yes I have an 07. My steering wheel controls are perfect. Volume up/down and preset scrolling I use all the time. Not preset scrolling I use now and then and the source button on the left I use all the time. I assume you guys have the source button too that scrolls between Am, Fm, Xm, weather and CD.

These controls are sooooooo much better than the CTS-V.

dhemrick
04-03-07, 10:47 PM
w00t! 07 guys are the winners! Kidding, kidding :thumbsup:

Yes, I have the heated steering wheel and yes I have an 07. My steering wheel controls are perfect. Volume up/down and preset scrolling I use all the time. Not preset scrolling I use now and then and the source button on the left I use all the time. I assume you guys have the source button too that scrolls between Am, Fm, Xm, weather and CD.

These controls are sooooooo much better than the CTS-V.

Yes. The source and volume buttons are the same.

z06bigbird
04-04-07, 08:50 PM
_itch, _itch, _itch.

Ed