: 95 FWB Location of ride pump.

Rob Benham
03-30-07, 02:35 PM
Hi, I have looked for my air ride pump but can not locate it. I don't what to buy a tech book cos I'm selling the FWB for another SLS.

Please can anyone tell me how to get to the airpump? I thought I would power that up direct to see if it runs.

I can see the level switch/control. also thin pipes to the shocks, but the pipes seem to go into a vertical (ish) part of the bodywork.

The 30a fuse was blown but it is now taking little or no current and does not blow a much weaker fuse.

All the wiring round the switch looks like new. Haven't pulled any plugs to see if the contacts are clean...they look as if they will be.

Thanks Rob

SupaFly
03-30-07, 02:48 PM
Isn't it in front of the driver's side front tire? It's behind that small chrome panel. You're selling your Fleetwood?

96Fleetwood
03-30-07, 05:17 PM
Yep, that is where it is.. it is a bitch to get too...

Rob Benham
03-30-07, 08:53 PM
Well, that's the last place I expected it to be. Thanks guys. Selling? Yep it has to go. Despite it making it from Tx to the end of the Fl Keys without using a drop of oil, she's just too big. As soon as I sold my SLS I wished I hadn't. It handled just like the BMW that I had back in the UK...very taught.

It was nice to be able to sleep in the back while the wife drove however:yawn:

Old Fleetwood
03-30-07, 10:13 PM
Rob -
OMG! It's a twin to mine! Right down to the TX DPS stickers on the windshield which I haven't removed since I had it shipped up here from Plano.
Even the front license plate bracket is cattywhompus like mine.
Must be a Texas thing.

Rob Benham
03-30-07, 11:37 PM
Perhaps we should leave them together for a while and see what happens:bouncy:

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 08:34 PM
Well, good luck selling and in finding another Seville! Another Calypso Green Fleetwood too--for being the rarest color, there sure has been a lot of them popping up lately with people. It's a great car, and I love mine, but holy crap yes is it ever a boat in comparison to most vehicles--even if you've firmed up the suspension.

Today, for example, I went out with a few friends (rarely ever have anyone in the car aside from me) and got this:
-"Holy crap that thing is long! It's like the titanic, literally. How can you drive that?"
-In and closing the door, as I start it and pull away..."Wow, it really is like a tank."
-"Whoa, look at those digital gauges. Straight from the 90's and for old people."

Overall, mostly positive, but I'm always intrigued by what people say about it, especially since I'm so used to it and very few others are...these two, particularly, as one has a newer Civic and the other an Accord.

I'd love to be able to store it away as a weekend project car and drive something smaller and sportier during the week, but that's just not in the cards right now. Still always fun to see others reactions in the meantime, just like you coming from a Seville--that could be a shock, for sure.

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 09:40 PM
But back to the main topic, any success in whatever leveling issue you were having?

Rob Benham
03-31-07, 11:00 PM
Well, it's so good when not loaded up it hasn't been a priority, but I'll maybe look
in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted on what I find. Rob

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 11:07 PM
Well, it's so good when not loaded up it hasn't been a priority, but I'll maybe look
in the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted on what I find. Rob

Well, if it isn't really an issue, are you just going to list it for sale as is or is it something that should need resolved beforehand?

96Fleetwood
04-01-07, 05:03 AM
I would pick a LT1 powered Cadillac over a Northstar powered Cadillac anyday...

You can easily firm up that ride on the Fleetwood. Mine handles better than my brother's STS and the price of all four Bilstein shocks was less than one electronic shock for the STS :)

caddycruiser
04-01-07, 09:46 AM
I would pick a LT1 powered Cadillac over a Northstar powered Cadillac anyday...

You can easily firm up that ride on the Fleetwood. Mine handles better than my brother's STS and the price of all four Bilstein shocks was less than one electronic shock for the STS :)

Agreed, and that's also a key option, he just seemed a bit more out of sync with the car's mass and not just it's feel, so I didn't think it was worth bringing up.

Never know, though.

Rob Benham
04-01-07, 04:22 PM
Well, it's been for sale on craigslist, and a guy from Sweden was very interested and was going to ship it home. However, he found one in the NE, about half the journey time including the flight.

The thing is that my SLS may have been remapped. Looking back, it just seemed so powerful compared to the 7series manual shift that I had. I tried a SL600 for a few days, and that 385 hp V12 just didn't seem that much more powerful than my old 94. It never used any oil or water and drove straight. The only reason I sold it was to get into something more modern. Selling it was a bad day's work, cos I havn't found anything to replace it.

If it was remapped, I will be dissapointed in the standard car I guess.