: New around here

danomac
03-30-07, 12:05 PM
Well, I guess for some reason I never bothered to look for forums for my Caddy. I do frequent forums for my other car, however.

Back in 2001(?) I bought my 1981 Coupe DeVille 6.0L/368cid w/V864 for $300. Body is straight, no rust, the A/C was working, interior in decent shape, but blown engine and tranny.

Having bought a Sedan DeVille with running gear but crap everything else for $170 earlier, I swapped the drivetrain around. That engine was in pretty iffy shape, but it ran and past emissions. In 2003(?) one cylinder gave up on that abused engine, and I found a replacement in the JY that was on propane for $185. (!!) Replaced the seals and that's what's been powering my car since then.

I just need to get rid of a couple nagging transmission leaks, and find a flywheel cover. The dealership lost mine when I asked them to put a dye in the transmission.

Looks like this site will be helpful in the future. I've started one other post besides this one (I think) and have posted to various threads already, stating my 2 bits on the topic. :thumbsup: I was rather surprised to see a lot of people were having all these funny issues like I was. :)

RightTurn
03-30-07, 12:43 PM
:welcome: Enjoy your stay.

Rolex
03-30-07, 01:56 PM
:welcome: to the forums. Thanks for signing up. :wave:

90Brougham350
03-30-07, 04:02 PM
Howdy! How about some pics of your DeVille?

danomac
03-30-07, 04:07 PM
I only have one picture from a few years ago. I can't really take pics right now; it's up on wheel ramps with the fuel sender out. ^^;

The sender should be fixed on Monday, then I'll put it back together and take better pics. :)

Here's the only one I have right now: http://www.danomac.org/images/cadillac1a.jpg

I have plans next year to get it repainted (it's faded badly...) and was poking around to get the interior redone (at least the seats, anyway.)

CadillacGurl
03-30-07, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the forums!

CIWS
03-30-07, 05:45 PM
Greetings and :welcome: to the Cadillac forums !

jrose7004
03-31-07, 12:33 AM
Welcome to the forum!

77CDV
03-31-07, 04:47 PM
Welcome, Dan! Hope you find the forums useful. Tell us more about that propane-fueled engine. Enquiring minds want to know.

Craig

danomac
04-01-07, 01:20 AM
Actually, I converted it back to gas. I thought about transplanting the stuff from the wrecker... but at that time I didn't want to go through the pains of figuring it out.

JRau
04-01-07, 01:28 AM
Welcome aboard! It's a great place for info and craziness.

JRau