: 1970 Deville Fuel Gauge

3rd
03-30-07, 10:05 AM
I dont know what its called or how to find it or how much it cost, but the fuel gauge always reads "E" no matter how much gas I put in it, can someone tell me the part I need to fix it? Also about a month ago I broke my damn seat motor, I was playin with it:thumbsup: and it just started smoking:crybaby: , so now the seat will try to move back by itself, u can feel the motor try and start and the seat tighten up, anyone know how much that would be to get fixed as well?

danomac
03-30-07, 10:46 AM
If the guage reads empty all the time, something is shorted to ground. Try unplugging the fuel sender at the back of the tank.

If it goes back to full, the fuel sender is toast. If it stays at empty, there's a short in the wire that runs back to the tank. At least you can somewhat isolate the problem, although I have no clue how much it would cost to fix.

As far as the seat goes, it could be the track is seized? Or the motor itself? Time to try to find some parts. :)

3rd
04-02-07, 10:15 AM
:worship: thanks alot man, on the seat I know its the motor since it was literally *smoking*, and not a little wind of smoke, but like i lit something on fire

devilock76
04-02-07, 11:11 AM
I had a '72 Dart that did this. Turns out it was a "float" in the tank. Just a thought.

Ken