: Brake option question

codewize
03-30-07, 09:27 AM
Can someone just tell me what codes on the build sheet there are for brake options. I'm ordering brakes for my 93 Brougham and I want to make sure that I don't have the heavy duty brake option.

Thanks

Old Fleetwood
03-30-07, 02:29 PM
From what I downloaded on this BB a while back, option

J56 SPECIAL HEAVY DUTY BRAKE PACKAGE

is the one which is the one you may be looking for. But there are a whole bunch of others.
What "J" options does your car show?

codewize
03-30-07, 08:25 PM
Mine is JM4

Thanks

Old Fleetwood
03-30-07, 11:24 PM
JM4 is
SYSTEM, POWER, FRONT DISC, REAR DRUM, CAST IRON
Which means you have "plain Jane" brakes. Actually, that isn't all that bad, either.

codewize
03-31-07, 06:32 PM
I'm not worked up about it I just wanted to order the right shoes for the rear. LOL.

Thanks. The car has 200k on it now and the paint is showing it's age, small rust starting on the insides of the rockers. The usual stuff so I'm just not all about 'The Best' anymore. At this point it's, preserve the car the best we can and keep it running as long as we can.

I love the car and it's been super dependable. hopefully we'll have many more years together.

96Fleetwood
04-01-07, 06:04 AM
You can powdercoat those rear drums while you have them off. Looks 10 times better! :thumbsup:

z06bigbird
04-01-07, 01:06 PM
Call any GM dealer parts dept with your VIN. They can print out a complete RPO report for you. Make a few extra copies, and keep one everywhere.

Ed

N0DIH
04-03-07, 11:03 AM
If you don't have a limo you don't have J55's. They are the truck rear brakes, same ones on the 96 K1500 Suburban (11.5" x 2.75" drums). If you have ABS you do NOT have J55.

So don't fret it, it is VERY rare and didn't happen on sedans.

I have the V4P towing package car and I don't even have J55's. I have the J55 backing plates (the truck ones) and have toyed with installing them. I am doing an axle shaft swap here this weekend if I can get a dry day and going to look into it. If all goes, I will have my posi and possibly J55 rears.... The problem is the ABS sensor has never been on that backing plate.