: Sadness.....

DopeStar 156
03-29-07, 11:20 PM
1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS
August 2003 - March 2007

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1999%20Chevrolet%20Malibu%20LS/malibucrash1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1999%20Chevrolet%20Malibu%20LS/malibucrash2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1999%20Chevrolet%20Malibu%20LS/malibucrash3.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1999%20Chevrolet%20Malibu%20LS/malibucrash4.jpg

Mild concussion and whiplash, but I'm ok, I miss my Chevy..... :crying:

Benzilla
03-29-07, 11:48 PM
Whoa. Sorry, man. So it's totaled? At least you're okay, and it wasn't the Brougham.

LS1Mike
03-29-07, 11:52 PM
Damn sorry to see it dude...Didn't you just do a bunch of stuff to it too?
What happened?
Glad you are ok.

DopeStar 156
03-30-07, 12:06 AM
I was making a left into one of the entries to my school to go see Ms. DopeStar in class to get her keys to her house. My friend Mish happened to be there too. I started making the left after all the traffic cleared when this lady in her Audi rocketed up the hill, crested it and smashed into me. With sunglare I couldn't see her either. Mish ran over to my car and I got out, she ran to Ms. DS's class and got her out. My Chevy still running I drove it outta the intersection and had it towed.

We drove to the police station to sign a release but I needed my dad to sign it so we started to drive to the impound lot but first picked up some Dunkin' Donuts Coolattas.

While driving to the impound lot with Mish and Ms. DS, I started losing tracks of time. I was in my friend Mish's car for some reason, going somewhere, Ms. DS was in the front seat for some reason, and I had a Dunkin' Donuts Coolatta that I had no idea where I got it from. They explained to me what happened, I got upset and thought I hurt someone but I didn't. We got to the impound lot and again, I had no idea where we were, why, or where this drink came from. Then I saw my car and was like, "What the **** happened to my car?!" Again they explained the accident and Ms. DS looked upset for some reason, they decided to take me to the ER.

AGAIN in the ER I forgot what happened and Ms. DS was crying for some reason and I didn't know why, she thought I had some kind of permanant brain damage and again the accident was explained to me. According to the doctors in the ER I suffered a mild concussion and whiplash, they kept me overnight for observations. I was pretty scared but Ms. DS stayed by my side the while time, at this point I remembered everything and I was retaining memories just fine.

They let me out this afternoon, my dad drove up and we went to the impound lot, they wanted $350 to release the corpse. I just grabbed my shit and we let them keep it which eliminated the bill.

So my 99 Malibu is gone..... I loved that car, and I'm sad to see it go and I'm upset at the thought of it being stripped and parted out. I got my parent's 99 Ford Taurus they use as a winter car now as my daily driver. It's nice but it's just not the same.....

Destroyer
03-30-07, 12:50 AM
Well, we all know how much you liked that car and the recent work you had done to it so that sucks. Brougham is stlll well though so things arent that bad right?. Plus you didn't get hurt so the hell with it, it can be replaced.

Wiseguy2
03-30-07, 01:20 AM
Ouch that sucks :( Thank god you're OK tho!

gary88
03-30-07, 01:21 AM
Damn dude sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you're doing ok though.

gothicaleigh
03-30-07, 08:30 AM
Sorry to hear that.

...but on the bright side, it managed to take an Audi with it on it's way out. It's earned a place in car Valhalla for that one. :D

RightTurn
03-30-07, 11:46 AM
Aw, sorry about ur baby, DS. But like everyone said...at least YOU are ok.

Rolex
03-30-07, 12:28 PM
Oof :eek: . Glad to hear you weren't badly injured. Sorry about your ride Dope.

illumina
03-30-07, 01:00 PM
So who did the police fault for the accident?

Glad everything is alright though as far as your health is concerned...Damned Audis!

CIWS
03-30-07, 04:39 PM
Good to hear you are Ok Dope and not seriously injured from the accident.:)

I realize you had to lose your trusted steed in the accident, but at least you cracked an Audi in the process.

caddycruiser
03-30-07, 04:56 PM
That stinks, but good thing you're okay. Otherwise, out of curiosity, did you ever bother with the engine intake gasket, etc. work it was needing or not, prior to this?

codewize
03-30-07, 08:27 PM
Dope, I'm sorry to hear that. Wow that looks pretty bad. I'm glad you're ok but keep an eye on that whiplash thing. MAKE SURE you're really ok.

Dude take care and get well. Glad it wasn't the Brougham.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-30-07, 10:49 PM
Whoa, man! That really sucks, as I know how much you loved that car and just put a bunch of money into it doing the intake job, but hey, atleast you're OK and it's a good thing you weren't driving the Brougham!

gdwriter
03-31-07, 02:22 PM
Dope, I'll add my condolences to you and your Malibu. Like a loyal steed, it sacrificed itself for you, and am glad you're OK. It sucks to lose a good car, though, especially to some rich bitch driving too fast and probably yakkin' on her cell phone while drinking a no-fat, triple espresso, extra-foam latte. And as others have said, I'm glad it wasn't the Fleetwood.

Anyway, do be careful about the whiplash and don't let any insurance company--including yours--push you into signing off that you're fine until you're sure you are. I got rear-ended really badly 15 years ago by a Taurus that was probably doing 45 before he hit the brakes about two seconds before he hit me. I had really bad whiplash and nasty headaches for a year. Neck rubs from Ms. DopeStar will probably help.

77CDV
03-31-07, 02:41 PM
Wow, DS, I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're OK. That's the only thing that really counts. Just ask Rick. Looks from the pics like the Chevy did about as much damage to the Audi as the Audi did to the Chevy. I find that satisfying, somehow. And like GDWriter said, don't sign off on the insurance until you're totally sure you're physically OK. Those soft tissue injuries can be tricky and sometimes don't show their true colors for several days after the event.

Craig

caddycruiser
03-31-07, 08:51 PM
Whoa, man! That really sucks, as I know how much you loved that car and just put a bunch of money into it doing the intake job, but hey, atleast you're OK and it's a good thing you weren't driving the Brougham!

Oh, so the work was done--that stinks even more. If it wasn't, I was about to say good timing...

97DevilleBeige
03-31-07, 11:31 PM
Glad you are ok... as important as a car is to you, it's not that significant in the big picture.

JRau
04-01-07, 12:36 AM
Sorry about the accident as well, Dopestar. Things like that happen so fast, and your life can change in a blink of an eye. Glad you're ok.

JRau

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-07, 01:08 AM
Hey Dopestar, just look on the brightside, this gives you a chance to get a new car! Haven't you had your eye on a late '90s ETC for quite a while now?

caddycruiser
04-01-07, 01:13 AM
Hey Dopestar, just look on the brightside, this gives you a chance to get a new car! Haven't you had your eye on a late '90s ETC for quite a while now?

Yes, I must agree, that's always a fun thing--if you had insurance coverage that pays for it, that is. If not, well, it's only a little bit as fun and a lot more expensive.

Jesda
04-01-07, 01:16 AM
Ouch!

Nice Audi.

DopeStar 156
04-01-07, 08:24 PM
Well thanks everyone....

I've been experiencing neck discomfort since but it's not too bad, yes Ms. DS has been helping out, she hasn't left my side since.....

Unfortunately we had no collision coverage on the Malibu and the damage exceeded the car's value by $2,000 so it's completely gone, we sold it to the salvage yard it was brought to for $350 which just covered our storage bill.....

I'm driving my dad's 99 Taurus he bought as a winter car so I'm covered for commuter wheels. It's way below my preference though, I'm gonna save up maybe about a year and hopefully pick up a 2000ish Blazer. I want something with 4-Wheel drive and some cargo room that's pretty decent on gas. I've been eyeing these for a while now.....

http://image6.autorevo.com/1031/pics/91228_8256b637-5b6f-4414-8ab5-3f5b0ab6dc3f.jpg

Therapeudically, I took the Fleetwood on a nice weekend trip with Ms. DS to my Aunt's in Montgomery, NY. It was a great ride, I forgot how comfortable the Chrimson Behemoth was to drive....

LS1Mike
04-01-07, 09:11 PM
S-10 Blazer with a 4.3, good stuff, will run forever!
Sorry your neck hurts, but that too will pass I got rearend in a Dodge Omni once by a Ford Bronco, my neck hurt for like 2 months, hasen't hurt since.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-07, 09:53 PM
I got rearend in a Dodge Omni once by a Ford Bronco

Good god! Was there even anything left of the Omni?

Dope: stuck in a '99 Taurus eh? Unless it's a SHO, it's gonna be a loooong year until you can get that Blazer!

CadiJeff
04-01-07, 10:12 PM
that bites,glad you walked away...sorta, and even happier to hear your feeling better. ms. ds attention will help the healing process.
did the audi bitch have insurance or is it no-fault where you are?
I have a 90 eldo that needs a little work that i am getting ready to sell if you want a cadi runner.