: Prank idea, I need your thoughts

90Brougham350
03-29-07, 11:50 AM
Popcorn in the tailpipe.

Would it work? The kernels would probably be heavy enough not to be blown out, but the popped corn would be. I could push them over the axle with a coat hanger and a ball of tape or tin foil on the end. Would the kernels actually pop? Would this damage anything (don't really see how it could)? Would the exhaust actually blow the popcorn out? The vehicles in consideration for pranking are an '89 Buick Regal and 2 '95 Pontiac minivans.

EcSTSatic
03-29-07, 12:05 PM
My guess is they would be blown out before they popped. Neat idea though if it worked.

Spyder
03-29-07, 12:06 PM
I dunno...I bet they would be blown out before they got hot enough to pop, plus I don't know if they WOULD get hot enough, plus I don't think they would be very loud inside of a tailpipe.

There's a "tornado" looking thing that you can buy for a couple of bucks and stuff into peoples tailpipes that is supposed to make a god-awful whistling sound. Not sure where I've seen it, but it seems like it would be good. And reusable.

Spyder
03-29-07, 12:07 PM
Duct tape and a balloon, or, even better, a condom, over the exhaust? Oughta work. I don't think it would take much time at all for the thing to blow up so you wouldn't have to worry about it choking out and killing the motor. Easy to install and take off, no damage, loud bang when it pops.

pabstcadillac
03-29-07, 12:10 PM
You live in MN, just do like we used to & pi$$ on there handles & windshield. That way it freezes. :alchi: Ahhh how I miss the old days sometimes. :alchi:

DILLIGAF
03-29-07, 12:40 PM
M personal fav is Duct tapeing a piece of garden hose on the driveshaft.

derrty_deville
03-29-07, 12:40 PM
^It wont get that cold.

I wonder if you could put the popcorn in tin foil with oil and attach it to the exhaust manifold under the hood.

pabstcadillac
03-29-07, 12:56 PM
^It wont get that cold.

I wonder if you could put the popcorn in tin foil with oil and attach it to the exhaust manifold under the hood.

Hmmm, it is March already, but I can't tell you how many cars got that treatment at the MAC, SCSU, Crossroads, etc. It was several a nite sometimes. Oooh I almost forgot the cop cars at Sammy's Pizza too. :alchi: :highfive:

OffThaHorseCEO
03-29-07, 02:48 PM
I dunno...I bet they would be blown out before they got hot enough to pop, plus I don't know if they WOULD get hot enough, plus I don't think they would be very loud inside of a tailpipe.

There's a "tornado" looking thing that you can buy for a couple of bucks and stuff into peoples tailpipes that is supposed to make a god-awful whistling sound. Not sure where I've seen it, but it seems like it would be good. And reusable.

wooo wooooooooo

wooo wooooooooooooooooooo!

d-dash
03-29-07, 02:52 PM
best I heard was to get a few bottle rockets and a long fuse. put the rockets somewhere safe, but have access to vly out in front of the car. then run the fuse to the tailpipe or manifold. don't know if it would work or not. just heard it from someone else.

dkozloski
03-29-07, 03:14 PM
We hooked the end of a piece of fence wire to the driveshaft. He must have had a hundred yards or so wound around it before he saw the fence posts going down behind him. It took him the rest of the day to get it unwound.

Cadillacboy
03-29-07, 03:45 PM
It's very Mythbusters project lol

Jonas McFeely
03-29-07, 04:10 PM
You live in MN, just do like we used to & pi$$ on there handles & windshield. That way it freezes. :alchi: Ahhh how I miss the old days sometimes. :alchi:

Ive heard of putting poop under door handles so they get poopy fingers. Now thats funny stuff.:banana:

Spyder
03-29-07, 04:51 PM
Tampering with brakes sounds like a good idea!

:/

90Brougham350
03-29-07, 05:14 PM
LOL, these are great ideas, guys. The people I wanna prank are an old hall director of mine and two of the campus safety vans. That's why I thought popcorn might be a good prank, it's harmless. Do you really think the exhaust would blow the kernels out before they pop?

pabstcadillac
03-29-07, 07:01 PM
Do you really think the exhaust would blow the kernels out before they pop?

Yes, watch myth busters. They did a whole special on car myths, including the banana in the tail pipe gag (Shot it out like a rocket). Given the time of year perhaps try Vaseline on the windshield. Stuff is a bastard to get off. :alchi:

Spyder
03-30-07, 12:21 AM
Fill the trunk with BEER!

Oh...wait...that would be COOL for the owner.

Scratch that...

malcolm
03-30-07, 09:51 AM
Dead fish under the seat, ala the movie "Grumpy old men"

Spyder
03-30-07, 11:21 AM
Haha...reminds me of one of my favorites. Grab someones cell phone, pop the battery cover off, pull the battery out, put a little battery-sized slice of some thin sliced lunch meat in it. Put battery back in phone, put batter cover back on, turn phone on, strategically replace phone to persons possession.

Give it a week

They'll notice and be TOTALLY unable to figure out WHAT the hell smells.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-30-07, 11:22 AM
caca on the door handles, and unhook one of the battery cables, and put caca on the latch that you pull to let the hood open fully.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-30-07, 11:24 AM
Haha...reminds me of one of my favorites. Grab someones cell phone, pop the battery cover off, pull the battery out, put a little battery-sized slice of some thin sliced lunch meat in it. Put battery back in phone, put batter cover back on, turn phone on, strategically replace phone to persons possession.

Give it a week

They'll notice and be TOTALLY unable to figure out WHAT the hell smells.
that would be bad, it could possibly ruin the phone unless it was totally dry lunchmeat.

it the lunchmeat was wet it might mess up the circuitry and itd be hard to replace under warranty since the moisture indicator would show evidence of moisture

Spyder
03-31-07, 03:10 AM
But it'd be damned funny...and smelly!

creeker
03-31-07, 03:58 PM
Put a dead fish or canned sardines on intake manifold,phew,what's that smell?.

ShadowLvr400
04-01-07, 10:03 AM
How big is the car? If you can, with the aid of a few buddies, pick it up, and put it sideways in the parking space, to it takes up 2. Then park cars snug up in the next 2 spots, so they can't worm their way out. Or do like I did once to a buddy, picked up his car at work, and took it home for him. (84 Colt, we tossed it in the bed of my truck)

Oh yea, once we also picked i up and set it between 2 trees. He had to do about a 40 pt turn to get out.