: 1974-76 commercial vs. 1974-76 limo

lesinfamous
03-28-07, 11:15 PM
I wanted to know the difference in length between the two. I know the limo
rode on a 151.5" wheelbase. How about the commercial chassis? If the commercial chassis was longer, how much longer would a 75' hearse be than a 1975 9 passenger sedan? Also, i wanted to increase the length of my 75' fleetwood limo by 6 inches, anybody have ideas???

sizanjdf
03-30-07, 04:13 AM
I think the commercial chassis has a 155 inch wheel base and a 255 inch total length, about 4 inches on the limos. As far as extending it I would say take it to a professional, but thats gonna be big bucks. Why waste the time with 6 inches...Id stretch it a good 12-18 maybe even 24 to squeeze in a rear facing seat. I had pictures of a stretched 74 caddy...Ill have to see if I can find them.

Fleet
03-30-07, 08:32 PM
The '76 Limo has a 151.5" wheelbase and is 252.2" long.
The '76 Hearse has a 157.5" wheelbase and is 255.2".

It seems to me that extending the length by (only) 6" would be a lot of time and money. Do want a larger interior? I find my '76 limo to be plenty large enough!
As sizanjdf said, I would stretch it by at least a foot and more like 2-3 feet. Of course, then it would be even harder to park.

lesinfamous
03-30-07, 09:42 PM
Yo whats up Fleet, yea man i want a larger interior, it is sufficient but for some reason i just want a bigger interior. I have seen pictures of stretched broughams made by Moloney coaches. I want to stretch it but keep the same proportions. Anybody have ideas of companies that do this? That is why i do not want to stretch it 2 or 3 feet. I just want a little more leg room. sizanjdf, when you can please post those pics. Thanks a lot fellas

Fleet
03-31-07, 12:51 AM
You want more front or rear leg room?
Actually, I had the same idea with my '76 limo. I thought it would be fun to stretch it a little and have a bigger rear compartment. But when I realized the time and cost, I just reminded myself that I was lucky to own a limo in the first place. After all, the rear compartment of a limo has a little over 4 feet of horizontal space!

lesinfamous
03-31-07, 01:22 AM
i want more rear legroom. i have the 9 passenger sedan, you said it has 4 ft, i thought it would have been closer to 5 feet of horizontal space. how would i go about stretching it?

Fleet
04-01-07, 01:35 AM
i want more rear legroom. i have the 9 passenger sedan, you said it has 4 ft, i thought it would have been closer to 5 feet of horizontal space. how would i go about stretching it?
The only way I know of enlarging the rear compartment is by the way the custom places do it.. cutting the car in half and adding a section in the middle. That would be very expensive, of course.
BTW, if you put the front seat all the way up, you may have 4 and 1/2 feet!

Why do you want 5 feet? Are you planning to install an entertainment system (TV, DVD player, etc) or a bar like some have?

z06bigbird
04-01-07, 12:17 PM

Tow truck at each end. Make sure they both start pulling at same time.

Ed