: New XBOX 360 "Elite" will be available in April

Blackout
03-28-07, 08:41 AM
I think it looks hot in black!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

nikon
03-28-07, 09:15 AM
thats bullshit...they better offer an upgrade for those of us that want hdmi....damned MS...they always do this crap.....If I didn't use media center I'd just can the whole thing and get an Atari.

edit: and if you gonna say hdmi isn't worth it for the games....it is worth it for hd-dvd.

Blackout
03-28-07, 09:43 AM
thats bullshit...they better offer an upgrade for those of us that want hdmi....damned MS...they always do this crap.....If I didn't use media center I'd just can the whole thing and get an Atari.

edit: and if you gonna say hdmi isn't worth it for the games....it is worth it for hd-dvd.Unles you have an HDTV that is 50"+ then HDMI is not worth it. You only notice a difference with HDMI in TV's 50"+ in size. I mean it would be nice to have in case you ever get a TV that size but out of everybody I've ever met I've onl met one person with a HDTV that was bigger than 50" and it wasn't 1080p capable so it still wouldn't make a huge difference.

gary88
03-28-07, 10:15 AM
What they really need to do is add built in wi-fi. More people right now would care about that than having HDMI.

slk230mb
03-28-07, 10:27 AM
Time to get a regular 360 when the price goes down.

d-dash
03-28-07, 10:46 AM
Wonder if i can tell best buy that mines broke and get an elite with my service plan.

d-dash
03-28-07, 10:47 AM
I just hate buying something, and then a newer better version comes out three months later.

T_Dogg8
03-28-07, 10:53 AM
sounds like xbox 360 is getting closer and closer to ps3 levels.

druboi31779
03-28-07, 12:44 PM
Sony IS Done...PS3 has officially lost the war......IMO

slingblade9
03-28-07, 05:36 PM

AHAHAHA. Now that was funny.

Blackout
03-29-07, 05:20 AM
AHAHAHA. Now that was funny.

http://nexgenwars.com/

Here are the sales figures for all 3 systems. PS3 is in a distant 3rd

HushH
03-29-07, 01:48 PM
I'd give it another year and see how the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war unfolds before saying Sony is done.

gothicaleigh
03-29-07, 01:58 PM
http://nexgenwars.com/
Here are the sales figures for all 3 systems. PS3 is in a distant 3rd

The PS3 just had a record breaking sales release in Europe. Also if you compare all three systems at the same point in their lives (remember that the 360 had a year headstart), the 360 is the one "running a distant 3rd".

The humble Wii is turning out to be this generation's superstar.

Wii versus 360
http://www.vgcharts.org/graphs/hardline2.php?cons1=Wii&cons2=X360&type=2

PS3 versus 360
http://www.vgcharts.org/graphs/hardline2.php?cons1=PS3&cons2=X360&type=2

Wii versus PS3
http://www.vgcharts.org/graphs/hardline2.php?cons1=PS3&cons2=Wii&type=2

gothicaleigh
03-29-07, 02:18 PM

It seems to be holding it's own:

the PS3 became the fastest-selling home console (does not include portables) in UK history, with almost 165,000 moved in its first two days on sale.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168087.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

d-dash
03-29-07, 02:47 PM
But doesn't having a next gen product a year ahead of everyon else say something about the ability of the system. The only reason I don't like that they about the ps3 is that it DOES have a blu-ray player. until the format war is over, and one is named champ, I don't want to only have the ability for blu-ray if it doesn't win. I like xbox's setup where they have an attachment. If blu-ray wins, they already have a system set up for it, they just have to replace the external drive with a blu-ray one. If not, they have a pretty nice product as it is.

nikon
03-29-07, 05:17 PM
Unles you have an HDTV that is 50"+ then HDMI is not worth it. You only notice a difference with HDMI in TV's 50"+ in size. I mean it would be nice to have in case you ever get a TV that size but out of everybody I've ever met I've onl met one person with a HDTV that was bigger than 50" and it wasn't 1080p capable so it still wouldn't make a huge difference.

I have a 60" Sony WXRD 1080p :D so I still have room to complain...hence the reason I want HDMI so bad....I'm tempted to just not worry about it anymore and go get a proper blu-ray player since thats all I see on shelves anyways...Im not gonna run out and pay 1000$ for one though...my damn tv was only $2200, I just can't justify it.

railven
03-29-07, 06:34 PM
Hey they changed the name of the Zypher? I think I preferred the code name over this "Elite" non-sense.

So MS had to re-release their console why? Are they worried about something?

I've been reading rumors that the Black Zypher/Elite will be a limited edition. Then the white version will step in become permanent in the line-up. If this is true I want one! Just because of the LE badge I can toss into.

I'm still depressed with this Next-Gen war. I own all three and none have games I'd prefer to play.

I don't care what people say GoW/Lost Planet have pretty only have one replay value (and mind you I don't do online console gaming.)
Fall:RoM only had about two replays (new weapons are a good way to add replay to a FPS).
Wii has nothing but Zelda. NOTHING! Why? WIth a pre-existing DEV kit and tons of support from Nintendo why haven't any third party developers put more effort into the thing!

I'm with whoever said the Zypher/Elite should have built in WiFi. Frankly right now I care more about that then a larger HDD as I watch downloadable content maybe twice or three times before its deleted.

Spring/Summerl ALL the systems better show a good line-up because Winter's line up was a kick to the balls.

Blackout
03-29-07, 06:58 PM
I haven't seen you on here in awhile. But I will answer some of your questions you have

So MS had to re-release their console why? Are they worried about something?Basically the 2 main reasons why they re-released the system is because of the HD content. With downloading the HD videos they are pretty big sized files and with the standard 20 GB HDD it fills up quite fast. So they made this one with the huge HDD and they also added in HDMI because of the HD content as well as the HD-DVD player.I guess they figured if your going to do something then you may as well do it right.

I've been reading rumors that the Black Zypher/Elite will be a limited edition. Then the white version will step in become permanent in the line-up. If this is true I want one! Just because of the LE badge I can toss into.Unfortunately for you you won't be tossing any LE badges on anything. MS will still be offering the Core and Premium bundles and now the Elite bundle is their top of the line package and it will always be black. The only thing that sucks is that they said as of right now they have no intentions of making the HD-DVD player black and white and it will stay white. On a side note I like what MS did with this bundle. Just to kinda say F-U to Sony they have a badge on the box saying that the bundle also includes an HDMI cable:histeric:

I'm still depressed with this Next-Gen war. I own all three and none have games I'd prefer to play.

I don't care what people say GoW/Lost Planet have pretty only have one replay value (and mind you I don't do online console gaming.)
Fall:RoM only had about two replays (new weapons are a good way to add replay to a FPS).
Wii has nothing but Zelda. NOTHING! Why? WIth a pre-existing DEV kit and tons of support from Nintendo why haven't any third party developers put more effort into the thing!There also lies another problem. That's one of the negative things about video game playing. Sometimes there are dry slumps in a specific genre that might be one of your fav's. For the 360 I picked up Crackdown not too long ago and I love it. It's a really cool game and so much secret stuff to find and the game area is huge! I rented Def Jam Icon the other day and its a really nice looking game and if you like Def Jam's artists then there is plenty of good music for you to listen to while your playing the game. I beat the game in a day and it really doesn't offer any replay value so I'm glad I rented it instead of paying $60 for it. I just rented Ghost Recon 2 tonight and have yet to try it but from what I've been reading it seems like it's a good game. I have to hook my 360 back online so I can download Worms (probably one of my favorite games ever.) But I really haven't been paying too much attention to the Wii or the PS3 as of late other then stuff I read in my Game Informer magazine I get but from what I've been reading it seems that this will be the year of the 360 with all the big time releases coming out this year. You have Alan Wake, Forza 2, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Command and Conquer 3, Bioshock, and possibly Halo Wars just to name a few.

I'm with whoever said the Zypher/Elite should have built in WiFi. Frankly right now I care more about that then a larger HDD as I watch downloadable content maybe twice or three times before its deleted.That's my thing. As soon as the announcement came out guys were like THANK GOD IT'S GOING TO HAVE A BIGGER HDD!!! I'm like why is that? Then they're like I have 2 20 GB HDD's filled up! And i'm sitting there like WTF would you need all this memory for? I mean I still have 11.8 GB left on my HDD and I can't think of anything else I could download except for the HD movies but I doubt I would ever do that.

Spring/Summerl ALL the systems better show a good line-up because Winter's line up was a kick to the balls.Look above

gothicaleigh
03-29-07, 07:57 PM
So they made this one with the huge HDD and they also added in HDMI because of the HD content as well as the HD-DVD player.I guess they figured if your going to do something then you may as well do it right.

Do it right like Sony did, you mean?
Aren't you the one always criticizing the PS3 for having that stuff built in?

...still no bluetooth though and still a poor excuse for a Media Center PC. :stirpot:

:p

nikon
03-29-07, 08:08 PM
^^are you kidding its a perfect media center pc...overpriced and lacking many things...but its kinda quite..personally I'd rather build a shuttle..but oh well...you work with what you have.

railven
03-29-07, 08:46 PM
^^are you kidding its a perfect media center pc...overpriced and lacking many things...but its kinda quite..personally I'd rather build a shuttle..but oh well...you work with what you have.

Actually I'd never call the 360 anything that is followed by "PC." The system is at best an Official Microsoft Media Extender. It does what Microsoft wanted MCE to do. It isn't the best HTPC because easily put its not and can never be a PC.

And I've always too wanted to build on a Shuttle.

And to Blackout [sorry man just had dinner so too lazy to use the quote thingy for everything you said haha.]

Microsoft announced during the creation and early release of the 360 being a flagship for the HD era. I always thought it was rather insulting when they said their HDD would be only 20GB. Any HD video format, true HD mind you, pushes over 200+MB and thats for a few minute clips. If you are downloading full movies under a few GBs that isn't HD. That is a file that is upscaled by the 360 to give the illusion of HD. I've seen it done on the IPOD through iTunes and Sony through their Sony PSP Play [or whatever it is called] campaign. And the part that really irks me is people buy into it. They see the word "HD" or "full 1080P" and they think "awwwsheeet." No! That's not how it works. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Back to what I was saying. If the 360 was originally supposed to be of the HD era why such a dinky HDD? Why no native digital output? Oh yeah it supports component but thats still an analog feed. Why no DVI output? Because of cost! Now that the 360 cost under $300 to make MS could offer the other things the HD is required of.

And the "bigger" HDD excuse is garbage. MS can, and will, sell a seperate 120GB HDD. The HDMI isn't required if the HD playback isn't actual. Anandtech ran the HD-DVD tests on the ATI chipset that the 360 is based on and it failed. Gee I wonder why. When the 360 was designed the thought of HD-DVD/Blu-Ray was still only a proto-type. Go ahead and argue with me. If a PC that runs on a Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GBs of RAM and an ATI/NVIDIA GPU that is far superior then what the 360/PS3 were designed with struggles to handle the raw processing of true HD-Content what makes you think a console does? You're lying to yourself. Sony/MS did a great job selling us the HD bullshit.

And then I have to read posts of people who don't even truly understand the HD revolution about how "my thing has an HDMI" or "well mine displays at 1080P." WAKE THE **** UP! 1080P isn't just a BIOS/FIRMWARE revision. It is a process that requires a large amount of CPU cyles. Hell if it were so simple as downloading a patch why doesn't every manufacturer update their hardware for 1080P? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T!

I'm sick of tired of this HD crap. Go read some freaking news about it. Hell most set top HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players are struggling with the playback. There are frame drops and glitches on both but we, the consumer, are too stupid to notice it because we're blown away by a native 1080p Display.

The 360 wasn't designed right in the first place. MS promised people all this, and they delivered on it, but when it came to be they realized their product wasn't up for the task. So they jumped back and redesigned it with the features that should have been offered on the first release. It smells like Windows 95/98 SE!

And you don't know specifically that it will always be black. If you can find me an official MS statement of that I'll say ok but I just shared a rumor I heard about the black version. Of which I'd want a black version, and a black Wii, anyways to match my black console lay out.

All those games you named will be featured on the PS3 minus Forza and Halo. And a few of them look promising but I've had it with hype. Halo 2 was hyped and the game sucked! And this isn't specific to a console. I'm tired of reading all these articles of future releases and then having the game in my hand and thinking what the hell happened. So until the game is playable in one way or another I'll keep waiting.

In my opinion each console still has a terrible and lacking library. They need to step up with the freaking dev kits and push more games onto the US shores!

The HD era is turning out to be nothing but one gimmick after another. Intel is finally pushing the right buttons with its octa-core processors. WIth that theoritical power and true memory controllers will the HD era really start to get exciting. People are going gagga over upscale images. Apple punched me in the stomach with their stupid iTV and their bitrate restriction.

GROWL! Now I'm angry!

Blackout
03-29-07, 09:06 PM
Do it right like Sony did, you mean?
Aren't you the one always criticizing the PS3 for having that stuff built in?

...still no bluetooth though and still a poor excuse for a Media Center PC. :stirpot:

:pI could really careless about the new Elite package because it offers me nothing I can use. With the bigger HDD yeah it's nice to have but they are selling it seperately as well for $179 so if I wanted it I could get it but I'm quite content with my 20 GB HDD since I don't even have it half filled up yet. And with the HDMI port I have no use for that either since you don't notice a difference with HDMI until you get to HDTV's 50"+ in size and mine is only 32". Believe me Sony didn't do everything wrong but they did do a lot of wrong at the sametime. As for the Media Center PC.......I guess you haven't heard of IPTV for the 360 which will begin testing this summer have you? lol.......basically the 360 will become the ultimate media center if they go through with this. Sorry excuse for a media center....pfft:tisk:

Blackout
03-29-07, 09:10 PM
GROWL! Now I'm angry!So I noticed:want:

Blackout
03-29-07, 09:18 PM
And you don't know specifically that it will always be black. If you can find me an official MS statement of that I'll say ok but I just shared a rumor I heard about the black version. Of which I'd want a black version, and a black Wii, anyways to match my black console lay out.

http://www12.nrk.no/magasin/upunkt/urort/bilder/scaled/82303_main.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite/default.htm?WText.camp=TS1-Xbox360Elite&WText.campSrc=Home

railven
03-29-07, 09:37 PM
I could really careless about the new Elite package because it offers me nothing I can use. With the bigger HDD yeah it's nice to have but they are selling it seperately as well for $179 so if I wanted it I could get it but I'm quite content with my 20 GB HDD since I don't even have it half filled up yet. And with the HDMI port I have no use for that either since you don't notice a difference with HDMI until you get to HDTV's 50"+ in size and mine is only 32". Believe me Sony didn't do everything wrong 1 - but they did do a lot of wrong at the sametime. 2 - As for the Media Center PC.......I guess you haven't heard of IPTV for the 360 which will begin testing this summer have you? lol.......basically the 360 will become the ultimate media center if they go through with this. Sorry excuse for a media center....pfft:tisk:

1. Whatever your opinion I'm tired of hearing it as it tends to be the same MS rep on loop.

2. If you mention the term "PC" EVER again in reference to the 360 again I swear to God I will track you down and punch you in the left eye! Hell using the word "PC" comparative to the Wii/PS2/PS3/360/iTV/IPOD/IPHONE/WHATEVER IS NOT A PC/MAC deserves a punch in the left eye! How the hell does IPTV, which from my stand point is still GARBAGE, converts a product into a PC blows my mind! It literally blows my mind. I think I've become dumber for even pondering it.

Aside that, blah blah blah blah blah!!!

Blackout
03-29-07, 09:40 PM
All those games you named will be featured on the PS3 minus Forza and Halo.Wrong!

Alan Wake: Exclusive for Windows Vista and Xbox 360 http://www.alanwake.com/

Mass Effect: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Blue Dragon: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/728/728023.html

Command and Conquer 3: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://www.commandandconquer.com/default.aspx

Bioshock: Exclusive for PC and Xbox 360
http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/enter.html

Out of all the games I listed the only one's that will be on PS3 are Guitar Hero 2, and Assassin's Creed

Blackout
03-29-07, 09:50 PM
1. Whatever your opinion I'm tired of hearing it as it tends to be the same MS rep on loop.Dude. You can't honestly say that Sony hasn't f'd up royally with the PS3 to this point. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy of brand X or brand Y. The whole gaming community know's this except for Sony fanboys and you.

2. If you mention the term "PC" EVER again in reference to the 360 again I swear to God I will track you down and punch you in the left eye! Hell using the word "PC" comparative to the Wii/PS2/PS3/360/iTV/IPOD/IPHONE/WHATEVER IS NOT A PC/MAC deserves a punch in the left eye! How the hell does IPTV, which from my stand point is still GARBAGE, converts a product into a PC blows my mind! It literally blows my mind. I think I've become dumber for even pondering it.As for the "PC" statement I was just quoting what Nikon said. And why am I not surprised that IPTV (to you) is garbage:bigroll: I'm sure if Sony came up with it it would be the best thing since sliced bread. IPTV has the potential to be a all in one media center. Watching Sportscenter while in the background your downloading a new HD movie or demo from Xbox Live, while also taping your other show on DVR and with the same machine also have the capability to watch HD-DVD movies as well not to mention being able to voice chat with your friends or messaging them while your watching Sportscenter.

On a side note I just happened to stumble across this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/777/777118p1.html and the hits just keep on coming

railven
03-29-07, 09:55 PM
Wrong!

Alan Wake: Exclusive for Windows Vista and Xbox 360 http://www.alanwake.com/

Mass Effect: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Blue Dragon: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/728/728023.html

Command and Conquer 3: Exclusive for Xbox 360
http://www.commandandconquer.com/default.aspx

Bioshock: Exclusive for PC and Xbox 360
http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/enter.html

Out of all the games I listed the only one's that will be on PS3 are Guitar Hero 2, and Assassin's Creed

OMG do you ever STFU? Seriously?

Alan Wake sounds like a good game, even though when it was first announced it was coming out on PS3 too oh well, but those kind of games tend to be remarkably boring! Have you ever played a mystery game? Go pick up Myst/Raven (whatever its called) and actually try to play through. If its your kinda game congrats. Its definately not my kinda of game.

Mass Effects sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn boring. Have you seen any of the game footage? They are all impresed by shit Dues EX did like what five, six years ago? "Hey we're bring this new technology to consoles" yeah TO CONSOLES! If you are so limited by your gaming experience then hey buy it, indulge yourself in a universe that has terrible voice acting and this so called "emotions" crap that FFX brought to the PS2 and KH/KH2 further improved on as "state of the art" and "ground breaking" go ahead. I already did that shit and hell even KOTR had that facial emotions crap. Nice way to show us next-gen and HD crapola by doing what other people already DID!

Blue Dragon - oh the creator of FF series has been offered a shit load of cash and proved that everyone has a price and all of a sudden I'm suppose to care? The graphics like "childish" and what I've heard of the story doesn't really impress me. Hell most RPGs nowadays are rehashes of what once was good and unique.

C&C3 I'll pick up on my PC because RTS tend to suck big monkey balls on consoles. Unless they release a keyboard and mouse for the 360 it is rather pointless and if they go that extra mile I'd rather get the PC version that will in the long run offer more player created content and downloadable extras then the 360 version could ever have. So sure sit down and play your RTS on a console you won't be featured in an Korean Online Contest!

Bioshock again for PC again with probably more user created content and again probably have better graphics.

You done yet? Just name a game and saying "you can only get it on this system" doesn't not win you anything it just shows more of your fanboyism.

Why haven't you pointed out that DMC4 is now going to 360? Or that FFXIII will probably have a 360 port? Oh wait I already know that! Yeah I read more about games then you probably know about yourself. I'm a loser and I can admit that! It comes with the territory of being a gamer/geek.

Damn you just keep angering me.

railven
03-29-07, 10:00 PM
Dude. You can't honestly say that Sony hasn't f'd up royally with the PS3 to this point. It has nothing to do with being a fanboy of brand X or brand Y. The whole gaming community know's this except for Sony fanboys and you.

As for the "PC" statement I was just quoting what Nikon said. And why am I not surprised that IPTV (to you) is garbage:bigroll: I'm sure if Sony came up with it it would be the best thing since sliced bread. IPTV has the potential to be a all in one media center. Watching Sportscenter while in the background your downloading a new HD movie or demo from Xbox Live, while also taping your other show on DVR and with the same machine also have the capability to watch HD-DVD movies as well not to mention being able to voice chat with your friends or messaging them while your watching Sportscenter.

On a side note I just happened to stumble across this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/777/777118p1.html and the hits just keep on coming

IPTV too me is garbage because I DONT WATCH TV! Is that hard to believe? I pay for cable TV but I watch maybe on average 30 minutes a week of it. Yeah so if Sony released an IPTV I'd be all over it. Hell I'd have two sets, one in the john because I gotta watch TV even when I'm taking a crap. You read me like a book. I'm such a Sony hardcore fanboy anything they release I buy, enjoy, and thank God it was created. OOOOHHHH YEAAH!!! I'm your exact opposite. Oh no I don't bash even Sony on occasions or Nintendo or hell even ATI/Intel (of which I've openly said I'm a fanboy.) No my opinions are always biased and I don't keep up to date with the current hardware revisions and technology gadgets that spread across a mountain of manufacturers.

I only care about one company and thats SONY. I drive a car made by Sony and I sleep on a Sony brand mattress. I eat out of a SONY bowel and I drink out of my "I LOVE SONY" mug.

Just STFU! Seriously. Everything you say is fueled by your eagerness to sell your product as number.

No shit Sony made mistakes. So did MS and them having to release the Elite is a clear example. So what! It is human to error. Does that make you any less of a person. You know corporations are run by humans! To error is normal.

So please unless your going to say something that is based on actual knowledge and not a brochure MS probably E-Mails to your 360 just shut up.

EDIT: And just to let you know:
I could watch SportCenter (but I'd rather watch Comedy Central), voice/video chat with my friends, while recording something else from a different channel, type up my homework, and still keep an eye on whats new from ATI. Can you do all that? Oh wait I could even call my friends in other states, I could even listen to whatever song I want at whatever moment even if I don't own the song itself (legally too), and I can even remotely control my mother's PC and have it print stuff she needs for her morning meetings! Yeah I can do that. Can you? Hell I could most of those things for the last six years. Its called a PC! Its what you want the Xbox to be without the hassle of learning how to use it. I can ever burn a DVD-R with my favorite episodes of Family Guy. Can you do all that on your precious 360? I doubt it.

Blackout
03-29-07, 10:16 PM
OMG do you ever STFU? Seriously?

You done yet? Just name a game and saying "you can only get it on this system" doesn't not win you anything it just shows more of your fanboyism.How am I showing my fanboyism? I mean with the list of games I had you said all but two of them were going to be available on PS3. Yet when I prove otherwise all you have is STFU and how I "anger you". If anything your the one showing your fanboyism since your basically just spewing from the mouth and most of what your saying isn't correct.

Alan Wake sounds like a good game, even though when it was first announced it was coming out on PS3 too oh well, but those kind of games tend to be remarkably boring! Have you ever played a mystery game? Go pick up Myst/Raven (whatever its called) and actually try to play through. If its your kinda game congrats. Its definately not my kinda of game.Alan Wake was going to come out on the PS3 when it was announced? Really? I wonder why Microsoft Game Studios would make the game available to their biggest rival....crazy isn't it?:bigroll:

Mass Effects sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn boring. Have you seen any of the game footage? They are all impresed by shit Dues EX did like what five, six years ago? "Hey we're bring this new technology to consoles" yeah TO CONSOLES! If you are so limited by your gaming experience then hey buy it, indulge yourself in a universe that has terrible voice acting and this so called "emotions" crap that FFX brought to the PS2 and KH/KH2 further improved on as "state of the art" and "ground breaking" go ahead. I already did that shit and hell even KOTR had that facial emotions crap. Nice way to show us next-gen and HD crapola by doing what other people already DID!Of course Mass Effect sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring because it's a 360 game!! And what "shit" did Deus EX do so many years ago that is just coming to consoles? BTW Deux EX came out on PS2 and Xbox so I guess they forgot about bringing that technology out 5-6 years ago for consoles ehh? I mean if Mass Effect is so boring and so not "new technology" then why has it won all of these awards and the industry has been abuzz about it since the first trailer came out for the game?

Blue Dragon - oh the creator of FF series has been offered a shit load of cash and proved that everyone has a price and all of a sudden I'm suppose to care? The graphics like "childish" and what I've heard of the story doesn't really impress me. Hell most RPGs nowadays are rehashes of what once was good and unique.Ok and? Is it such a bad idea for MS to want to break into the RPG genre and why not go with one of the most successful guys in the business. I mean geez! How stupid could MS be to do such a thing!

C&C3 I'll pick up on my PC because RTS tend to suck big monkey balls on consoles. Unless they release a keyboard and mouse for the 360 it is rather pointless and if they go that extra mile I'd rather get the PC version that will in the long run offer more player created content and downloadable extras then the 360 version could ever have. So sure sit down and play your RTS on a console you won't be featured in an Korean Online Contest!I've never been a fan of the series so I could careless. I threw that game out there because it's a successful franchise and also because it's only coming out for the 360 and PC.

railven
03-29-07, 10:42 PM
How am I showing my fanboyism? I mean with the list of games I had you said all but two of them were going to be available on PS3. Yet when I prove otherwise all you have is STFU and how I "anger you". If anything your the one showing your fanboyism since your basically just spewing from the mouth and most of what your saying isn't correct.

Alan Wake was going to come out on the PS3 when it was announced? Really? I wonder why Microsoft Game Studios would make the game available to their biggest rival....crazy isn't it?:bigroll:

Of course Mass Effect sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring because it's a 360 game!! And what "shit" did Deus EX do so many years ago that is just coming to consoles? BTW Deux EX came out on PS2 and Xbox so I guess they forgot about bringing that technology out 5-6 years ago for consoles ehh? I mean if Mass Effect is so boring and so not "new technology" then why has it won all of these awards and the industry has been abuzz about it since the first trailer came out for the game?

Ok and? Is it such a bad idea for MS to want to break into the RPG genre and why not go with one of the most successful guys in the business. I mean geez! How stupid could MS be to do such a thing!

I've never been a fan of the series so I could careless. I threw that game out there because it's a successful franchise and also because it's only coming out for the 360 and PC.

Okay you got me on the Alan Wake thing. I guess when I first heard of it (along with all the other 360/PS3/PC/Wii) news I read from 2005/6 E3's I must have gotten it all jumbled up. The game is still coming out on PC. That doesn't make it "Exclusive." And note that MS Studios isn't the developer which means at any point this game could go anywhere depending on what the developers want to do with it. Oh wait you made a mistake too!

I made a mistake and like a person I can confess to it. But for you to say that my information is incorrect? And to deny showing ANY fanboyism? Do I have to scour these forums and link you the multiple times you've been incorrect and the multiple times your fanboyism has gleamed through?

I'm not a die-hard loyalist to Sony. I prefer Sony's PS-series over MS Xbox series but in the long run I go where the games go. And as I've said multiple times before NONE of them have games I'm running for. If a game comes out on both platforms guess which one I'll buy. Is it because I'm a fanboy? No. Is it because I care ultimately about graphics? No. It is because I've grown accustom to playing it on that system. I'm like a dinosaur. I love the PS controller and frankly hate everything else. If I could use that controller all the time I will. I've had to buy convertors for my GC/XBOX to use my PS controller on it because for some stupid reason it feels natural. Now will I deny a console, or hell any product, their awards? NO! I have my opinions just like you have yours.

As for games that gain a shitload of hype, win awards, and are featured on the cover of thousands of magazines here are a few:
Doom 3 (awesome engine game sucked), Unreal 2k-series (awesome engine again game sucked), Halo 2 (and mind you this is just my gripe with the terrible graphics engine), Sly Cooper (I don't understand why people love that game), Jak 2/3, Draken (big one there), EQ2 (too far ahead of its time), do I need to go on?

Just because something wins an award doesn't mean jack. Its like going to EBgames.com and reading the reviews for games that haven't even come out yet. How do you rate a game you haven't actually played. Hell a trailer can make anything look damn good. As for the Dues EX reference I meant the making a path. Choosing decisions and having it effect the game world. And I was being sarcastic at how the game is being promoted. "Look at this break through technology." Yeah so breakthrough it exploded into the scene years ago. But then some moron says "This is the first time any console will feature such technology" and its called a "spin" tactic. They have to hype their product and by doing so they spin the truth. So this game looks great on paper, it looks great visually, and everything we hear about it is great but we don't know yet how it will all come down at the very end. Will the controls be so awkward the game is unplayable? Will the terrible voice acting ruin a deep and rich story? Will the graphics not glitch and ruin the awe from the lighting? I don't know. Do you? Does IGN/Gamestop? Hell if I go by RP I can say Killzone 2 will be the greatest game ever!

And of course not! It's not a bad idea for MS to go into the RPG genre. And I guess its not a bad idea bringing the "father" of RPGs along with you. But as a gamer, at least one of the genre, you know that this father of RPG is literally burned out. His series took a massive blow and the company that featured it exploited it. How many RPGers even think of the FF series as a "stanrdard for all RPGs" anymore? Again am I suppose to care that a guy that made great RPGs two decades ago is now making RPGs for MS? Oddly I don't care. I've seen what this guy has been making recently and he's lost his touch. If Blue Dragon is awesome I'll be the first to say "damn I was wrong." Until then all I can say is "whatever."

But you don't even know if something is exclusive permanently. You know what game was exclusive for Xbox that later went multiple platform? Splinter Cell. Hell I can think of lots of games that were exclusive then all of a sudden across the board.

I already told you why its easy as pie to port PC games to 360 and vice versa. Am I suppose to care? C&C3 on the 360! OMG! Wait doesn't Vista and 360 use the same dev tools? Oh no wonder. It isn't as if these developers are going out of their way to code a game just because the 360 is all that. If I make a game and if I just have to change a few things on it and have it work on another system why the hell not. More money. But if I have to literally start from the ground up and restructure it...nahhh too much work.

And yeah I'm a fanboy because I bash 360. You want me to bash Sony now? Or Nintendo? Or ATI? I got plenty of things to say about ATI/AMD and I'm angry enough to share them with you.

If 360 is the better console it will win. I don't care. As long as I can buy games for the systems I want to play them on I'm happy. And for those great exclusive titles, such as Lost Planet and GoW, I'll hop over and get them.

Oh and please aside the Alan Wake mistake, show list my other errors so that I can rectify them whenever I have to repeat all this again. Thanks! :)

Realtordac
03-29-07, 11:21 PM
Wonder if i can tell best buy that mines broke and get an elite with my service plan.

I bet you could. I got mine at sams club and they have and exchange program that my bro is going to try out by "breaking" his and returning it for a black one and just pay the difference. If it doesn't work he at least gets a new white one.:)

Realtordac
03-29-07, 11:35 PM
Actually, not too far from the truth. Laast week Sony debuted the long awaited PS3 in paris under the eiffel tower less than 1000 people showed up to the giveaway. "Someone" provided chairs with and acronym painted on the backs I dont have the link anymore but it lead people to a website sponsored by xbox360 stating ," sorry you had to wait, let the games begin". As the event kicked off in the evening, a barge rolled down the river past the eiffel tower plastered in lights with the message "xbox360 loves you". LOL!!!!

The ps3 forums have been bombarded by both 360 fans and disgruntled PS3 owners. With the common ground being Sony sucks.

Some of PS3 signature games are jumping ship and their latest releases are making their debuts on the 360 console.

I own a 360 and for no other reason than live play rocks in vast comparison to PS3. The venues of communication and ability to track friends online blow sony away not to mention that the speed on first person shooters is the most important aspect. On sony, you might aswell get the opponents address, drive to their house and say "bang you're dead".

I'd say it's over for PS3 or the whole PS species for that matter, but hey, my walkman still works good.

Realtordac
03-29-07, 11:37 PM
quoting druboi3779 "sony is done..."