: DRL's and Headlights

cooncat
03-28-07, 06:50 AM
Hi everyone,

How many of you are having problems like mine. My headlights seem to be constantly on. I mean on a bright sunny Florida day, the headlights are on. I don't mean just the DRL's. I would appreciate any help before I go back to my favorite Ed Morse Cadillac for this problem.

Thanks.

c5 rv
03-28-07, 07:47 AM
I saw a CTS like that the other day. Do you have anything, like a ball cap, covering the daylight sensor on top of the dashboard?

Aurora5000
03-28-07, 09:01 AM
You probably have your wipers on. In the sensing mode, it will run the headlights. DRL will always stay on.

cooncat
03-28-07, 10:12 AM
I spoke to my service advisor and he told me that because me windows have such a dark tint, the sensor thinks it is darker outside. But I will look at the windshield setting to see if that makes a difference as well.

Thanks.

Cajonkev
03-28-07, 02:59 PM
Unless you tinted the front glass it is not that.

About once every six months or so someone asks and so far it has "always" been the wipers knocked into the "Intellisense" position just as Aurora suggested.

Let us know!

Caroutisine
03-28-07, 08:03 PM
Yes, it's probably the wipers being turned on. My 2001 did the same thing. I can't remember if it had a hedlight on indicator on the dash or not. But on the 05, I always check for the indicator on the dash if it's not raining out. As soon as it's moved to the off position, the lights go out.

cooncat
03-28-07, 08:35 PM
I moved the wiper to the off position and it indeed go off. I was thinking about what the advisor said and it really didn't make much sense since it is very bright on the dash.

Thanks.

bigdog9586
03-28-07, 08:43 PM
I think I would let him know what you think of his advice.:thepan:
=====================

I moved the wiper to the off position and it indeed go off. I was thinking about what the advisor said and it really didn't make much sense since it is very bright on the dash.

Thanks.