: Rear Deck Removal

moai
03-26-07, 09:57 PM
How does the rear deck come out? I have a 79 SDV. I gave it a cursory look, but unlike other cars I have had I don't want to just start tearing into things. I know speaker questions are asked all the time, but I did a search and didn't find any threads about this.

creeker
03-26-07, 10:37 PM
How does the rear deck come out? I have a 79 SDV. I gave it a cursory look, but unlike other cars I have had I don't want to just start tearing into things. I know speaker questions are asked all the time, but I did a search and didn't find any threads about this.

If your replacing your speakers,its very easy if it's like my 80 cdv,you access it from inside the trunk.

moai
03-27-07, 12:27 AM
If your replacing your speakers,its very easy if it's like my 80 cdv,you access it from inside the trunk.

I looked under there, and I saw what looks like all-thread coming out of the speaker enclosures.

I'd also like to replace the fabric on the deck itself.

jayoldschool
03-27-07, 08:54 AM
To get the parcel shelf out all you have to do is remove all the trim around it (rear window, C pillars...). That should be it.

moai
03-27-07, 12:59 PM
Thanks! I couldn't tell if I had to take out the seat, or if there were clips or something.