: '07 Cashmere Leather Problem

robert921
03-25-07, 10:36 PM
I have an "07 EXT with the Cashmere (light camel) leather interior.
I've noticed the back leather panel on the driver's side seems to be discolored from rubbing against my clothing/belt. I've tried Lexol leather cleaner, but no go.
My dealer advises me it may not be a covered repair.
Anyone else?

LLT
03-25-07, 11:42 PM
GM makes a leather/plastic/vinyl cleaner... it works great! I'd follow that up with a quality conditioner as the GM stuff does not have conditioning oils and will in fact strip existing oils. They do make a conditioner as well, but I'm not a huge fan. I use mink oil exclusively.

hcvone
03-26-07, 07:01 AM
I have an "07 EXT with the Cashmere (light camel) leather interior.
I've noticed the back leather panel on the driver's side seems to be discolored from rubbing against my clothing/belt. I've tried Lexol leather cleaner, but no go.
My dealer advises me it may not be a covered repair.
Anyone else?

You are not alone, I have several customers and friend with problems from wet clothing during the winter

RightTurn
03-26-07, 07:03 AM
I've not had this happen with my Caddy...yet. But it did in my Lexus. I never could get the clothing dye out of that seat. :(

Falkolade
03-26-07, 10:33 AM
the armrest in my lade... is almost black after the winter (from my leather jacket) after a couple weekes of using the armrest without the jacket, the black will wear off, and it will go back to shale/camel.

robert921
03-27-07, 11:33 PM
Just an update here.
My dealer called today and advised me Cadillac will repair/replace the discolored leather panel on a one time basis only.
Leather belts and leather jackets appear to be the most damaging to the perforated cashmere color. Jeans also appear to contribute to the discoloration.

hcvone
03-28-07, 07:04 AM
That is some good news for you. :)