: Spyder is now licensed and ready to use 20,000 volts...

Spyder
03-25-07, 07:01 AM
to shock the HOLY CHRIST out of anyone who DARES have their heart stop in my presence!

CPR/AED/First Aid cert. was today. :)

I figure that COULD have been enough to put me in the number 15 spot instead of the number 16 spot in my interview of a few weeks ago. Can't hurt to know a little more, eh.

CIWS
03-25-07, 09:37 AM
"Juice Me !"

RightTurn
03-25-07, 10:03 AM
:woohoo: Go, Spyder! This is "shocking" news. :lol:

Rolex
03-25-07, 11:09 AM
Double check your joules buddy. ;)

codewize
03-25-07, 11:09 AM
Does someone have a fetish with stalkers?

Congrats Spyder. That's a great thing. My brother just recently became an EMT in Minnesota

RightTurn
03-25-07, 11:16 AM
Well.... ya. :lol:

EcSTSatic
03-25-07, 11:35 AM
Double check your joules buddy. ;)

Would that be the family joules??

We have a few defibrilator stations at work but not enough and chances are when they will be needed, they won't be handy or the certified user won't be available. Of course nothing will be done until someone dies because of this.

GailyBedight
03-25-07, 12:17 PM
I got "zapped" once in an ER while awake - NOT FUN! Then they stuck an automatic one in my chest, (that one's gone off 13 times). I'm curious if they covered any protocol on the defibrilator use with someone who has one already implanted?

CadillacGurl
03-25-07, 01:29 PM
:hide: please don't shock me!!

Spyder
03-25-07, 01:39 PM
Rolex...I know...I was waiting for that. :) 120 joules, I believe, it what the semi-automatic ones run now, right? The old 320-400 ones made before 2003 would burn ya. I couldn't find any specs on the actual voltage as I don't think medical use uses that term? SOoooooo, I just made up a number that sounded good. :)

The Semi-Automatic ones are SUPER easy. You just turn it on and follow the directions. Touch the button if it tells you to, continue CPR if it tells you to, etc etc.

Codewize...Ha, took me a minute to understand your comment. Funny!

codewize
03-25-07, 03:26 PM
:shocked2: :shocked:

Rolex
03-25-07, 05:45 PM
Would that be the family joules??

Umm no. ;)

Rolex...I know...I was waiting for that. :) 120 joules, I believe, it what the semi-automatic ones run now, right? The old 320-400 ones made before 2003 would burn ya. I couldn't find any specs on the actual voltage as I don't think medical use uses that term? SOoooooo, I just made up a number that sounded good. :)

The Semi-Automatic ones are SUPER easy. You just turn it on and follow the directions. Touch the button if it tells you to, continue CPR if it tells you to, etc etc.

The AEDs in the malls and airports [etc] select the apropriate amount of current for you, and they do all the analyzing. Those are supposed to be easy enough for the average lay person to use without prior instruction. You probably have enough training to instruct people on how to use them.

IIRC the "code cart" defibrilators we have in hospital only deliver up to 360 joules. "Knock on wood," I haven't had to use one in over a year. Typically when you select the energy to use you start with the lowest energy and work your way up to 360. And I have seen them leave some nasty burns. :eek:

Rey Rey 650
03-25-07, 08:21 PM
Funny.... I just got certified on Thursday for my work..... Why did you get certified?

Spyder
03-25-07, 11:58 PM
Local Red Cross...actually only about three hundred yards away from home. Never knew it was there until I went looking for a place to GET certified. :)

c5 rv
03-26-07, 08:41 AM
Here I thought you got TASER certified.

Spyder
03-26-07, 12:16 PM
Nah, tasers you don't need any sort of licensing for. Anyways, that's what the Sig is for.

c5 rv
03-26-07, 08:20 PM
Nah, tasers you don't need any sort of licensing for. Anyways, that's what the Sig is for.

I believe LEOs in our area have to be certified before they can carry a Taser - that is after the city or county approves their use. It gets me that PDs have to jump through hoops to carry a less-than-lethal weapon because of fear of lawsuits in the rare case the perp dies.

Spyder
03-27-07, 02:28 AM
Eh, I'm not an LEO. LEO's here have to get certified to carry them too, but laymen don't.