: Bought new minivan. MERCURY MONTEREY

CateraMV6
03-24-07, 01:00 PM
Well last weekend after a long wait I finally jumped the gun and went ahead with the purchase of this interesting Ford product, BTW I work for Ford. It is a special present for my dad who has done so much for me. I hope he likes it.
These are just some pictures from the dealership. :)
Its a Mercury Monterey Premier, fully loaded, 4.2L V6 4SPD. All leather... and all the power goodies.
The last picture is of his old minivan and the new one behind it.

rinverso
03-24-07, 10:14 PM
Well last weekend after a long wait I finally jumped the gun and went ahead with the purchase of this interesting Ford product, BTW I work for Ford. It is a special present for my dad who has done so much for me. I hope he likes it.
These are just some pictures from the dealership. :)
Its a Mercury Monterey Premier, fully loaded, 4.2L V6 4SPD. All leather... and all the power goodies.
The last picture is of his old minivan and the new one behind it.

hey thats great, very nice vehicle.....not sure what it has to do with this catera forum though.......you want pictures of my new palm tree, i'm very proud of it also. i also have pictures of my grandson, even proude:confused: r!!!!!

caddycruiser
03-24-07, 10:39 PM
Yeah, wrong forum (should be in the lounge), but oh well--someone will move it eventually.

Warez
03-25-07, 12:03 AM
Did your wife make you buy it?

CateraMV6
03-25-07, 08:11 PM
Well sorry guys, Just wanted to show the new ride and the old one. I guess I will try to move the post or wipe it out.

The catera is getting the Euro Conversion in a week or so it will become an Opel Omega, I will post pictures ASAP.

c5 rv
03-25-07, 09:15 PM
My in-laws, who are in their 70s, are looking to replace their 95 Mercury Villager now that it is over 200K miles. They want minivan utility, but no sliding doors and preferably no 3rd row seat. They want to buy used. I suggested an 06 Freestyle, Montego, 500, or 05 Buick Rendezvous. They really like the Rendezvous because there are no raised doorsills which cause exit problems for my father-in-law.

Sandy
03-25-07, 09:31 PM
That's so nice of you to feel that way. ""I wanted to buy it for my Dad, because he's done so much for me"

I f'ing melted. I had a verbal fight today, with MY 23 Y.O. as I wanted to drive him 35 minutes away to show him a car & then 35 minutes back, for a grand total of 80 minutes, but...no, he says he has to study. Then at 7PM just 2 hours later, he leave for his girl's house. I ask you, could he have not left at 8:10 and gone with me ?? Always tells me No and always has an excuise.

Tell me....you give lessions ????????

BTW, very nice Minivan. Keep it nice! 2007 IS THE LAST Mercury MiniVan !

caddycruiser
03-25-07, 11:31 PM
BTW, very nice Minivan. Keep it nice! 2007 IS THE LAST Mercury MiniVan !

So true. In reality, they couldn't beg people enough to buy the Fords and the nicer Mercury's really got left in the dark, with only a few people knowing they even existed. Not the most innovative or refined designs, but actually quite handsome, well sized, and with attractive luxury versions. Throw in massive discounts, and they're not all that bad, just remember they're then worth peanuts (what isn't, though) and don't have much of a following anymore, though that might not be a bad thing.

CateraMV6
03-25-07, 11:57 PM
Well it is not brand new but it sure as heck looks like one, I found it at a local dealer as a return lease, and it was priced way low, at 11K the car is 2004 and it has just under 46K miles. Looked at the retail value its much higher, and this one is the Premier so its got all the goodies.

I am currently 22, got another year left of school, going in for BS in engineering and I work for Ford as an Intern. Being that I work there I get to see how the engineers design these things and I have to tell ya a lot of thought goes into them. So I decided to go around and shop for something in that segment and after comparing the Toyotas and Hondas I quickly realized that the Mercury has all the features that they have and them some extra ones that are Ford exclusive.

My dad has a 1995 Chrysler T&C and lately its been giving him a ton of problems and I am sick and tired of watching him struggle with that car, so one day I checked around to see what kind of loan I can get and sure enough I was approved for something in the price range, and after talking to my Dad about what he liked in the newer minivans, I quickly realized that he loves the mercury both in features and the reliability cuz he gets to work on a lot of cars at work so he knows them best, inside and out. So i called the dealer, placed the car on hold and took my dad on a 4hr trip to MI to see and test drive the vehicle. He liked it and he loved the price too so I signed the papers and we drove it home. Now he likes it so much that he is even afraid to drive it,

Well a few years back he decided to leave his well established life and move over across seas to start over so that I can do something more with my life and thats why I am thankful to him and I give everything I can for him and my family. This is just a small present to say a big thanks.

I will take some more pics and show you guys as I get a chance.

Spyder
03-26-07, 12:07 AM
Monterey, huh? I had a '63 Monterey. I'll have to see if I can't find some pictures of it. Yet another of those cars I wish I hadn't let get away...

Jesda
03-26-07, 04:07 AM
Freebie for dad. Cool!

Jonas McFeely
03-26-07, 08:34 AM
Well a few years back he decided to leave his well established life and move over across seas to start over so that I can do something more with my life and thats why I am thankful to him and I give everything I can for him and my family. This is just a small present to say a big thanks.

I will take some more pics and show you guys as I get a chance.

Wow,what a great thing to do. Ive been wanting to do the same thing for my father, except with a '65 Buick GS or '71 Buick Stage 1 GS. Only problem is im broke and those cars are not cheap. Maybe one day...

c5 rv
03-26-07, 08:38 AM
My brother-in-law is a Ford retiree and has the Ford version of that van. He loves it and is mad that Ford is getting out of the minivan business. He and my sister moved to AZ and use the van to come back to the midwest every summer to visit family. Of course, they bring everything but the kitchen sink and worry about having to buy something smaller.

caddycruiser
03-26-07, 11:46 PM
I am currently 22, got another year left of school, going in for BS in engineering and I work for Ford as an Intern. Being that I work there I get to see how the engineers design these things and I have to tell ya a lot of thought goes into them. So I decided to go around and shop for something in that segment and after comparing the Toyotas and Hondas I quickly realized that the Mercury has all the features that they have and them some extra ones that are Ford exclusive.

Very cool, and I just sent you a PM about something:thumbsup:

Destroyer
03-27-07, 01:58 AM
I dunno, the gesture was nice but the van sucks!. :alchi:

Sandy
03-27-07, 07:09 PM
Why does the van suck? His Dad wanted it. Should he have bought Dad a 6.1 Hemi Charger Daytona in Sublime ?

Spyder
03-27-07, 07:18 PM
Along with the minivan? YES! :)

Destroyer
03-27-07, 09:36 PM
Why does the van suck? His Dad wanted it. Should he have bought Dad a 6.1 Hemi Charger Daytona in Sublime ? Well, it would have been cooler, no?.:bouncy:

CateraMV6
03-28-07, 04:15 PM
Naaah dad wants a minivan and he doesnt have much use for a pickup truck, he wanted more of a family vehicle and I looked at the Pasiffica or the Freestyle and didnt find much more then a slightly larger sedan roominess a little bit higher off the road...

The van has the stow and go system so if we ever need to transport something we can always use it for that.

Now the only problem is that Dad is afraid to drive the van, he only seems to drive it on sunny days, but I guess thats what you do with your dream ride.

Jonas McFeely
03-28-07, 04:24 PM
Now the only problem is that Dad is afraid to drive the van, he only seems to drive it on sunny days, but I guess thats what you do with your dream ride.

It takes a special man to call at mini van his dream ride. And i dont mean that in a bad way.

caddycruiser
03-28-07, 11:20 PM
It takes a special man to call at mini van his dream ride. And i dont mean that in a bad way.

Hey, I'd do that:) ...then again, I've never once suffered from the minivan stigma most people do. Anymore, most drive on the caliber of some of the best luxury sedans, and are more comfortable and roomy than anything else out there at the same time.

But, that's me, and clearly not everyone is the same--kind of the same deal with hatchbacks in the U.S., even though they're the most popular everywhere else.

CateraMV6
08-15-07, 07:41 AM
Well the van needed some new tires and as you already know I treat my pops like a gold mine so I got him some new Pirelli PZero tires they were actually a decent price... ~100$/pc and I figured what the heck lets get some new rims for them too, so we upgraded to a 17" wheel and a 235 55 17 tires.
Here are a few of the pictures.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09106.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09108.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09111.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09119.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09115.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/CateraMV6/Monterey%2017s/DSC09121.jpg

Playdrv4me
08-15-07, 11:39 AM
Man, that Town & Country was in PRISTINE shape! It's rare for *ANY* Chrysler product with that light driftwood metallic color to survive, that stuff comes off in SHEETS!

Cadillacboy
08-15-07, 11:42 AM
The car looks new ! Enjoy it

Destroyer
08-15-07, 01:12 PM
Now its HOT!!!!:thumbsup:

CateraMV6
08-16-07, 02:11 PM
Man, that Town & Country was in PRISTINE shape! It's rare for *ANY* Chrysler product with that light driftwood metallic color to survive, that stuff comes off in SHEETS!

I guess so, althou maybe they went to a different paint towards the end of production so we might have gotten lucky. The van used to sit in the garage and at work my dad parked it under a tree so it never saw much sun plus it was washed once a week and sometimes even more often. Wax was a seasonal thing for it. You should see how my dad keeps the new Van every time I see it I go :eek: and :worship: my dad .... then I go :rolleyes: man I wish I can keep my ride that clean.