: Breaking in my new ride!

rlyons
03-23-07, 12:28 PM
I'll be leaving in a few hours from my home here in Florida heading to Oregon straight through. Thought I would try out my new ride the right way, 6,000 miles round trip. I'll let you know when I return how it did even though I expect no problems and a smooth ride.:) Wish me luck, see you all the 4th of April. Gota fly.:bouncy:

caddycruiser
03-23-07, 02:27 PM
That should be one heck of a trip! Hopefully you get there and back without any problems, and in comfort the whole way. I don't think I could imagine driving that far, Fleetwood or not:thumbsup:

Just make sure to check everything out before hand and maybe during (fluids and anything else obvious), and be on your merry way.

96Fleetwood
03-23-07, 04:55 PM
Have a fun & safe trip. Don't forget to take a first aid kit, emergency kit, small tool box, & portable navigation if needed!

Motorboat
03-23-07, 05:11 PM
And a AAA card might come in handy as well. Good luck and happy motoring.

Old Fleetwood
03-24-07, 12:33 AM
Have a good, safe trip. But before you set off, CHECK THE TIRES, INCLUDING THE SPARE!:thumbsup:
Good luck:)

lochenjons
03-25-07, 12:09 PM
that will be one sweet trip. have fun!

rlyons
03-26-07, 01:00 AM
Thanks guys, I did all the above before I left and I am a AAA member,(used to be a tow driver for them). I am in Sacramento California right now, decided to stop for the night and shower/clean up before arriving in Ashland Oregon. It has been a great trip,except for the terrible traffic on I-5 in California. I have logged 2,500 miles so far and only stopped for a few hours to shut my eyes in the seat. The car has operated flawlessly. Running great, getting between 23 and 25 mpg and rides like a dream. I have cruised at about 75 to 80 the whole trip. I just thought I would throw in an update while we were at the motel tonight.

Motorboat
03-26-07, 09:23 AM
Great to hear that things are going well. Have fun!