: Progress on Timesert Install

lisekpl
03-23-07, 01:09 AM
Well here are a couple pics of the cradle out of the car. Strange, I don't remember putting green oil in there. :hmm:

I'll post some more pics once I get my timesert kit.

zonie77
03-23-07, 11:10 AM
Looks like it's going well. Where do you live in Chicago?

AlBundy
03-23-07, 11:47 AM
It looks like the city turned your oil green as well as the lake this past St. Patricks Day.

lisekpl
03-23-07, 12:55 PM
I'm right on the n/w side, about 5 min. from the harlem-iriving park plaza. And speaking of the lake, that is one filthy !@##$#, probably more contaminated then my oil.

zonie77
03-23-07, 01:03 PM
Lived at Montrose/Kedzie til 77.

lisekpl
03-23-07, 02:18 PM
Lived at Montrose/Kedzie til 77.

I'm at Montorse and Central, we were almost neighbors, the only thing is that by the time you moved out I still had a tail. :dance:

Ranger
03-23-07, 02:55 PM
I used to live at Fullerton & Laramie. Left in '76.

1997BlackETC
03-23-07, 05:51 PM
Timeserts take a lot of time :) sorry couldnt resist. Looks like you need to clean and organize your garage.

lisekpl
03-23-07, 06:02 PM
The garage is not that bad, I seen worse, but I do plan on investing in some nice cabinets after this.

clarkz71
03-23-07, 06:24 PM
I see you scored that time-sert kit and headgasket on e-bay. Good deal for $250.

lisekpl
03-23-07, 07:56 PM
I see you scored that time-sert kit and headgasket on e-bay. Good deal for $250.

NO, I thought I did, I wrote this guy an email about 10 more inserts, well he doesn't get back to me, not on the 1st day, not on the 2nd, or 3rd. So I pull up his info. from Ebay, I get his contact number that's on file, call him at least 10 times and leave a message after every call. Well he doesn't call back or email me. So today at work I look up his name in the Ft. Worth white pages on the internet and start calling everyone by that name until I get to him. So once I know it's him, I say "why haven't you responded and where is my stuff?", and by the tone of his voice I knew he was shocked because he couldn't get his sentences together, so he finally says that it's no longer available because it wasn't his. I'm like WTF, I told him straight up that if he's trying to pull a scam on me and if I dont see my money that I'll take a road trip to Texas over the weekend. So here I am waiting for my money and I need to find a another kit. Well anyways I'm supposed to pick up my engine from the dock on Monday so I wouldn't be able to start right now anyways.
Just telling you guys, be careful who you deal with on the internet.

clarkz71
03-23-07, 08:00 PM
That sucks. As far as getting back your money, you can dispute the charge with your credit card or file a dispute with Paypal. I had to do that. Paypal refunded me in about 3 weeks.

lisekpl
03-23-07, 08:07 PM
Definately, one way or the other I am getting my money back.

israel305
03-28-07, 01:09 PM
DO you have any more pictures of the work? i'm going to have to do that same job. Gooner305@yahoo.com Thank you!!

lisekpl
03-28-07, 01:43 PM
I will in a few days, if you have any questions then ask

jholland
03-28-07, 04:26 PM
I have a kit with 10 timeserts. I did one engine with the kit. Make offer. It's mine and available.

lisekpl
03-28-07, 07:42 PM
Ok, I can't send PMs yet. I'll take them off your hands for $200. Let me know if that works for you. Chris

zonie77
03-29-07, 02:42 AM
DO you have any more pictures of the work? i'm going to have to do that same job. Gooner305@yahoo.com Thank you!!

Look at the " head gasket repair part 1" in tech tips...look at the link to the timesert job. Timesert has a video on their site also.

jholland
03-29-07, 09:01 AM
That's sounds good. I can supply email or phone number.

lisekpl
03-29-07, 01:43 PM
Ok, here's my email: lisekpl@yahoo.com, just send me your contact and preferred payment option (i.e. paypal) and we'll go from there. Chris

lisekpl
03-30-07, 05:02 AM
Ok, small update on the install. I haven't really made any significant progress as work and school are squeezing my time schedule, but I managed to disassemble the new motor and started cleaning the heads. I'm going to take the heads to work and clean with a pressure water gun. I'll be picking up the timeserts this week. I also need to get an air compressor, it's a must if you're doing this. So far the biggest PITA in my opinion was getting the HG guide pins out of the block, these biatches just wouldnt let go.

Have one question, I noticed when disassembling the compressor the oil filter assembly on my old 96 motor had 2 feed lines coming out of it. Now on the 99 these weren't there. The bracket had one of these fittings sealed off. See pics. At this point I forgot where the old lines went to but I will check it out later. I dont believe that this should cause any complications later on but I might be wrong.

Oh yeah, thats me in the last pic, just some enthusiasm for the rest of you pondering the same job.

clarkz71
04-04-07, 12:44 PM
Have one question, I noticed when disassembling the compressor the oil filter assembly on my old 96 motor had 2 feed lines coming out of it. Now on the 99 these weren't there. The bracket had one of these fittings sealed off.

Use the oil filter housing from the 96 motor. Use new o-rings (2).