: Anyone have the Dual Weave Grill?

tonygxp
03-23-07, 12:42 AM
I am ordering an E&G classic dual weave mesh design grill set. anyone have this particular one? I have seen numerous caddy's around here with the classic mesh, but not the dual mash.. and if so how much did you pay?

CaddyinKC
03-23-07, 07:55 AM
Tony,

I haven't purchased it yet, but my local guy told me $750 plus installation of $100.

c5 rv
03-23-07, 09:38 AM
Tony,

I haven't purchased it yet, but my local guy told me $750 plus installation of $100.

Yikes! I thought I paid a lot when it cost me $500 for an early E&G mesh grille for my new 04 CTS in the fall of 2003.

tonygxp
03-23-07, 09:40 AM
I am looking at a local distributor, i'll let you know a price as soon as I hear back.. I already chewed this Wheel place down to $425+shipping for my wheels in chrome (factory 17's w/chrome center caps) which he wanted $510...

CaddyinKC
03-23-07, 11:25 AM
Tony,

I will be anxious to see what your local guy will sell it for. I'm hoping one is in my future for my June birthday!

tonygxp
03-23-07, 02:03 PM
my friend owns a shop (I work there occasionally, more like everyday though he's been slammed with work) so I set up a wholesale account with them, he's giving us 10% off of their jobber rate which is most people see on Ebay, etc. not much but the $520 grill is now only $468, so it helps.. I need to contact the Admin here and see how much it is to become a vendor, my friend's shop specializes in hi-performance work on late model GM's (mostly TBSS, C4-5-6, Full size pickups and even the smaller Cobalt SS's, monte's, etc. he is now doing some Mopar stuff as well) if it's the right price I can help you guys out some I'm sure.. he's out of Toms River, NJ (very close to SLP, which he is very tight with).. I'll take some pics before and after when the grill is installed, figure Tuesday or so. It's been at the dealer since Tuesday for a new Windshield (GM glass only) but I love it enough to not miss it much I'm anxious to put the wheels & Grill on, should change the appearance greatly ;)

Jim_V
03-26-07, 04:20 PM
Paid $500 for my EG&G grill. Installed myself in 20 minutes. Can't imagine how I drove around with that old ugly Grill! Everyone who sees the new grill agrees.

CaddyinKC
03-26-07, 04:58 PM
Jim V

Can you post some pics?

rblimas
03-26-07, 05:29 PM
E&G Grill's Dont Always fit

A Good One

http://a81.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/23/l_c53bd8276d2525723b34d1ab91b7f920.jpg

A Bad One

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2595000-2595999/2595768_2_full.jpg

tonygxp
03-26-07, 08:47 PM
the top pic is the same one i got today, the dual weave mesh style.. they may be expensive, but that is one well built, quality grill!!
I can't wait to install mine in the AM.. did you paint everything behind the grill flat black like suggested in the directions??

Tom Wheeler
03-26-07, 10:18 PM
I have the single weave E&G grille on my 07 SRX. I considered the dual weave and viewed both at my local Caddy dealer, liked the single weave better. The dealer installed the grille and painted all the stuff behind the grille black. They charged $600 for the grille and installation and the fit is excellent.
I took a photo tonight, the grille looks more chrome then the photo shows.

Tom Wheeler

tonygxp
03-26-07, 11:07 PM
I have the single weave E&G grille on my 07 SRX. I considered the dual weave and viewed both at my local Caddy dealer, liked the single weave better. The dealer installed the grille and painted all the stuff behind the grille black. They charged $600 for the grille and installation and the fit is excellent.
I took a photo tonight, the grille looks more chrome then the photo shows.

Tom Wheeler

looks nice, I can't wait to see mine with it on.. I too looked at both of them and wanted the dual as I believe from some angles it almost appears solid, and nobody has that new grille (maybe it has something to do with it being another almost $100? I almost backed out of it myself)

either way the grille mod is a nice one, really cleans up the front end, the way ALL the Caddy's should look, not just the "V"s...