: GB R1concepts Premium Brake Rotors for your STS

r1concepts
03-21-07, 08:25 PM
Hey Guys, R1Concepts is offering a Group buy for Premium Front + Rear Rotors. I am offering 15% off our regular pricing. If you are interested, post a thread that you are and i will add you. Also add the exact year, make, model, and design. Please pm or email any questions you have for me.

Designs: CrossDrilled+Slotted / Slotted Only / Drill only / Dimple Drill

Here is the description of the rotor:
Picture/Description (http://www.r1concepts.com/Items/bo%20combo%20premium%20319?sck=39171591)

Phone Orders by credit card: 714-777-2323
Paypal address: forums@r1concepts.com

This GB is only for the first 5 buyers. When there is 5 buyers, i will close this thread, process payment and start on the order. This pricing does not include shipping. Please use the link below to calculate shipping.

Shipping Calculator (http://merchant.channeladvisor.com/checkout/1252/ShippingRate.asp?lang=en&p=12001096&i=4142797&LCID=1033&amself=12001096)

Fr+Rr Rotors
2003-2006 Cadillac STS
--Specify w/Std Brakes (JL9) or Performance Brakes (JE5)
--excludes excludes STS Heavy Duty (J56)
--excludes STS-V Supercharged
--excludes Brembo Brakes
Orig: $324.99 GB: $274.99
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

big kahuna
03-21-07, 11:15 PM
I put these rotors on my 06 sts with the je5 performance brakes, and so far they are working great! plus they look really good,I got the slotted and dimpled because they could not drill the performance rotors,to many vains. also much less brake dust than the factory ones.

big kahuna
03-21-07, 11:20 PM
I also picked up there brake pads, and thats what gave me less brake dust.

coati
03-22-07, 09:38 AM
Hello!
I'm a new member to this forum & I just had my brakes done last week on my '06 STS w/V8 at 18K miles.
Wish I had waited a little longer as I just came across your offer & company last night.:(
That was awfully fast brake pad wear on the STS.
The front pads were almost gone but the rears were still good.
They were pretty dusty too as others have complained.
I decided to replace all pads front & rear.
Akebonos in the front & Carquest (Raybestos) in the rear.
Also had the rotors turned lightly.
So far the brakes seem to stop good, are quiet & give very little dust.
Will have to wear them longer & see.
Yes, I am still interested in the GB R1 Concepts Premium Brake Rotor offer for my STS.
Would like to get a set & try them out.
They do look cool & I'm sure they'd work better too!:)

r1concepts
03-22-07, 12:18 PM
I put these rotors on my 06 sts with the je5 performance brakes, and so far they are working great! plus they look really good,I got the slotted and dimpled because they could not drill the performance rotors,to many vains. also much less brake dust than the factory ones.
Glad to hear that big kahuna, Are you able to post some pics for the community?

I also picked up there brake pads, and thats what gave me less brake dust.
Less dust means cleaner rims? :)

Coati, would you like me to add you on the list?

coati
03-22-07, 05:07 PM
Coati, would you like me to add you on the list?[/QUOTE]

Yes, please do!

r1concepts
03-22-07, 08:01 PM
Hey Guys, R1Concepts is offering a Group buy for Premium Front + Rear Rotors. I am offering 15% off our regular pricing. If you are interested, post a thread that you are and i will add you. Also add the exact year, make, model, and design. Please pm or email any questions you have for me.

Picture/Description (http://www.r1concepts.com/Items/bo%20combo%20premium%20319?sck=39171591)

This GB is only for the first 5 buyers. When there is 5 buyers, i will close this thread, process payment and start on the order. This pricing does not include shipping. Please use the link below to calculate shipping.

Shipping Calculator (http://merchant.channeladvisor.com/checkout/1252/ShippingRate.asp?lang=en&p=12001096&i=4142797&LCID=1033&amself=12001096)

Fr+Rr Rotors
2003-2006 Cadillac STS
--excludes Brembo Brakes
1: Coati
2:
3:
4:
5:

Curious George
03-25-07, 05:59 PM
I'm interested. I have an '06 STS Northstar with the 1SG Premium Luxury Performance Group, which includes "4-WHL. PERFORMANCE DISC BRAKES WITH ABS", and the Performance Handling Package, which includes "PERFORMANCE BRAKE LININGS (FRONT)". Are these the JE5 option you mention?

And my rear brake rotors incorporate separate parking brake drums. Are your rear rotors are similarly configured?

Finally, what is dimple drilling? It is not explained on your site.

r1concepts
03-26-07, 08:39 PM

Fr+Rr Rotors
2003-2006 Cadillac STS
--excludes Brembo Brakes
2: Curious George
3:
4:
5:

Curious George
03-26-07, 11:57 PM
I understand that cross-drilling is not possible for JE5-compatible rotors (too many internal ventilation vanes). Is dimple-drilling functional or purely cosmetic? It seems to me that pad dust might fill the dimples in time and reduce brake effectiveness. Are JE5-compatible rotors available slotted-only?

r1concepts
03-27-07, 09:22 PM
I understand that cross-drilling is not possible for JE5-compatible rotors (too many internal ventilation vanes). Is dimple-drilling functional or purely cosmetic? It seems to me that pad dust might fill the dimples in time and reduce brake effectiveness. Are JE5-compatible rotors available slotted-only?

Dimple-drill will also release the gas off the pads such like drilled. With dimple you are not taking away any strength away from the rotor. If you want slotted only, i can do that for you too.

r1concepts
04-02-07, 09:03 PM
bump for the cause :)

Curious George
04-03-07, 03:53 PM
OK. I'll take JE5-compatible rotors, slotted only.:thumbsup:

Now, what is "bump for the cause"?:confused:

STScadillac99
04-03-07, 06:06 PM
hello all, i just ordered a set today from R1 Concepts. 2005 STS . JE5 brakes, slotted and dimpled. with semi-met pads. Spoke with Tony, super nice guy...
John
Southeast Collision, Inc.

r1concepts
04-03-07, 08:55 PM
hello all, i just ordered a set today from R1 Concepts. 2005 STS . JE5 brakes, slotted and dimpled. with semi-met pads. Spoke with Tony, super nice guy...
John
Southeast Collision, Inc.

Hi John, Since you are from the forums, your name will be added to the list. Just need 2 more so i can close this thread and start on the rotors.

Fr+Rr Rotors
2003-2006 Cadillac STS
--excludes Brembo Brakes
2: Curious George
3: STScadillac99
4:
5:

r1concepts
04-09-07, 10:11 PM
2 more plz!! :)

STScadillac99
04-13-07, 08:47 AM
hmmmmm...i ordered and paid for a set of rotors and pads on 4-3-07...... 10 days later they are still not even shipped yet... im guessing another 7 days via UPS ground once they are shipped ?.... 17 days seems like a long time to wait.. but maybe im being picky.. anyways... i hope the performance of the rotors surpasses the performance of R1Concepts... oh well.. wait and see..

coati
04-13-07, 09:19 AM
STScadillac99,

I hope you get them in soon.
What pads & rotors did you order?
Please keep us updated on the rotors & pads after you have them installed.
I'm curious to know how they perform.
Thanks!:)

coati
04-15-07, 11:23 PM
Sam (R1 Concepts),

Sorry I can't PM you yet (don't have enough posts).

I did have some questions as I have no experience with drilled &/or slotted rotors.

1. Are the rotors American made?

2. Are they cryogenically treated?

3. Will the brake pads wear out faster with drilled &/or slotted rotors as
compared to non-drilled &/or slotted rotors?
Is there a trade-off for performance & wear?

4. Are drilled rotors weaker than non-drilled rotors and will they crack &
warp easier?

5. As of now, I'm considering the slotted & dimpled rotors as the best
compromise for overall performance/wear/strength.
Do you have these & how will these rotors wear compared to the OEM
rotors?

Just some questions that came to my mind after reading some internet info regarding drilled rotors.

It would be nice to get some more feedback from R1 Concepts rotor users.

Thanks!:)

Curious George
05-11-07, 06:00 PM
No new posts in nearly three weeks...

Is this offer still good? I'm still interested. I'm in no particular hurry. After 30k+ spirited miles, my rotors show considerable wear, but do not need imminent replacement. I'll put your rotors on when I get them.

LStasy003
06-12-07, 02:38 PM
I would be interested in picking up a set. I have a 06 STS V8 RWD. Let me know if it possible to still take this offer up. I need rotors

05CTS
06-15-07, 11:36 PM
:canttalk:

netrave
06-25-07, 02:18 PM
does anyone know if these rotors are any good?

or what brand of rotors to buy? i dont want to put cheap rotors on my cadillac, but i wouldnt mind getting some cross drilled or maybe slotted rotors...

any suggestions on what brand?

cguthrie
06-26-07, 03:47 PM
EBC makes a dimpled/slotted I believe or maybe just dimpled to fit 2 sizes of rotors for our cars, then a variety of pads based on your needs.

They are also have the black finish on all the surfaces that are not swept brake area which will make me happy when I make the switch. Hate to see all the rust on an otherwise clean car.

I've had them on my Discovery for @50K and the've held up well, with lots of hard city miles.

CG
2005 STS SG1