: Russ Gee, father of the GTO- and ME!

The Tony Show
03-21-07, 03:36 PM
Russell Gee, widely regarded as the father of the GTO, stopped in my shop today to have some service done on his SRX.

What a nice guy. We chatted for a while about his time at Pontiac and working with John Delorean, as well as his involvement in the Corvette ZR-1 after he moved to Chevrolet in the late 70's. He's got some great stories about the business, and how the engineers sneak stuff by the corporate guys. If it weren't for them, some of the greatest muscle cars would have never existed.

I had to snap a picture of me and him with my CTS-V, because I'm a dork.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/small.jpg

urbanski
03-21-07, 03:40 PM
haha cool!

AlBundy
03-21-07, 05:11 PM
Is he considering joining the forum or is he already a member?

EcSTSatic
03-21-07, 09:58 PM
Of all the cars I've owned, I miss my '65 ragtop Goat the most. Tri-power, 4 speed, 389 c.i. Grrrrrr

You should get his autograph!

lawfive
03-22-07, 02:09 AM
Ur not a dork, ur lucky to have had the chance to meet him and talk. What does he think about the CTS-V?

caddydaddy
03-22-07, 06:14 AM
Yeah, that's awesome! Did you thank him for all his great work?

The Tony Show
03-22-07, 12:22 PM
Yes, I thanked him quite a bit. He loved the V, even said, "Wow, that's an awesome car!" when we walked up to it.

He got a kick out of looking at the LS6 and seeing the changes they've made over the years.

dkozloski
03-22-07, 03:19 PM
I assume he wasn't in the drug smuggling business with Delorean?

The Tony Show
03-22-07, 03:44 PM
Haha....didn't mention anything to me about that.

dkozloski
03-22-07, 04:50 PM
It's hard to imagine that Delorean was willing to sell his soul to the devil to keep his car venture going but pride and appearances drove him to ruin. If I remember right he didn't go to jail but he wound up broke flatter than piss on a plate.