: STS V8 heating problem.

997tt
03-21-07, 02:41 PM
When cold outside, anything under 33 degrees, I start realling feeling thats theres a big difference in the heat coming from the left side driver vent and the right side driver vent. The left side is extremly hot, so right side is just blowing wind, and the vent for the feet is just mild air.. My feet were frozen all winter and my dealer keeps brushing it off. My appointments always ended up on warm days :mad:

anyone else noticed this? I want to bring them a TSB number so they can just fix it once and for all.
He tells me they contacted cady and they haven't seen anything of the sort..and the system is all positive. I'm wondering if it's a problem with US STS' and im at a canadian dealership...

thx for looking!

AllWheelEric
03-21-07, 05:00 PM
I had a very similar problem. It was fixed under warranty with the explanation "vent adjusting arm binding." If they continue to give you a hard time, maybe take a digital cooking thermometer to measure the air temp at each vent.

997tt
03-21-07, 05:21 PM
did you find out exactly what it was?

thx for the response!

AllWheelEric
03-21-07, 06:32 PM
That's all I know. In case I wasn't clear, the phrase "vent adjusting arm binding" was their phrase describing what they fixed.

z06bigbird
03-22-07, 10:56 PM
When cold outside, anything under 33 degrees, I start realling feeling thats theres a big difference in the heat coming from the left side driver vent and the right side driver vent. The left side is extremly hot, so right side is just blowing wind, and the vent for the feet is just mild air.. My feet were frozen all winter and my dealer keeps brushing it off. My appointments always ended up on warm days :mad:

anyone else noticed this? I want to bring them a TSB number so they can just fix it once and for all.
He tells me they contacted cady and they haven't seen anything of the sort..and the system is all positive. I'm wondering if it's a problem with US STS' and im at a canadian dealership...

thx for looking!

I was in the garage portion of my cadillac dealer, and I asked one of the mechanics about the stack of 30 gadgets (all identical) sitting on his workbench. He told me that they are the modules that move the vents under the passenger side of the dash on the 2000 and up Cadillacs.

Talk to your service manager, or go somewhere else.

Ed

TOMHONE
03-26-07, 08:41 PM
The reason for heating problems may well be the pics of these babes on this website. WOW.